• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT|They said I could become anything so I became multiple sources

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bowser

$15 million a year for a center who may have trouble staying healthy, and when he is healthy, can't grab more than 5 boards a game.

Unbelievable.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

But realistically- is this it? No sign and trade, no trade magicking- Dwight to the Nets is 100% done or no?

Bropez can't be traded now until January 15th, so Dwight to the Nets is done for the next 6 months at least.

Nelo Ice

Banned
If Shaw is the new Magic coach I'm banking on Dwight staying

Or they trade for Bynum since he'll surely stay with his old coach on the team!

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

But realistically- is this it? No sign and trade, no trade magicking- Dwight to the Nets is 100% done or no?

It's done unless Dwight is somehow stuck in Orlando through the season. In which case Orlando would have to actually agree to take Lopez after watching him grab 5 boards or less a game.

Bowser

If King wasn't so inept, the Bobcats would have signed him to that contract.

Dude, no. Cho knew the Nets were only going to let Lopez go if it netted them Dwight. So rather than potentially let another super team in the East be formed, he helped force the Nets' hand.

I know that it's hard to believe there is a competent manager in Charlotte now, but it's true.

It's damn true.

giga

xUF8L.png

Bargs makes $5 million less

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
Dude, no. Cho knew the Nets were only going to let Lopez go if it netted them Dwight. So rather than potentially let another super team in the East be formed, he helped force the Nets' hand.

I know that it's hard to believe there is a competent manager in Charlotte now, but it's true.

It's damn true.

Orlando should let the Cats beat them 2 times a season for the next 3 seasons.

It's damn true.

So Charlotte was planning to offer the worst contract in the league just to break another super team that they were never going to compete with anyway.

That's actually worse.

giga

You know Brook did average around 8.5 a game his first two seasons right? It's not that he can't rebound, he was simply out of fucks in 2010-11.
How many fucks will he give after getting a long term max contract after a team tried to trade him away?

It's not crying--just hate this bullshit, anyone but the Lakers mentality.

Coffee Janitor would prolly be cool if Dwight went to the Heat...as long as it's not the Lakers!!!

BTW, you fell off after D'Antoni's firing decimated your stockpiled pics of him. :(
Swight to nets makes thing interesting in east

Dwight to lake show means lakers are easy favorites. Also theyre in same conf as wolves

Players always find their way to lakers, theyre never even mediocre, is annoying to watch, esp when team is dtacked already

Also lol@ your persecution complex.

Bowser

So Charlotte was planning to offer the worst contract in the league just to break another super team that they were never going to compete with anyway.

That's actually worse.

They would never offer it if they thought the Nets wouldn't match. And yes, even if they're not contenders now, or next year, or the year after, it's still in their best interests to make sure there isn't another super team in the East.

Pimpwerx

$15 million a year for a center who may have trouble staying healthy, and when he is healthy, can't grab more than 5 boards a game.

Unbelievable.

Brook is a career 7.5rpg. His PER is 4 points higher than that terrible contract Amare. He got his market price. PEACE.

Nelo Ice

Banned
Swight to nets makes thing interesting in east

Dwight to lake show means lakers are easy favorites. Also theyre in same conf as wolves

Players always find their way to lakers, theyre never even mediocre, is annoying to watch, esp when team is dtacked already

Probably because our GM and owner know how to win. Look at all these teams overpaying and trading for dogshit. Not our fault that players graviate to us. Not to mention that we just take advantage of the all the mistakes other teams make. Look at the Bulls, Thunder etc they could all easily make plays for Dwight but none of them have the balls to do it. Mitch and Buss give zero fucks and do what it takes to get the impact players.

They would never offer it if they thought the Nets wouldn't match. And yes, even if they're not contenders now, or next year, or the year after, it's still in their best interests to make sure there isn't another super team in the East.

Jordan always wanted to draft Lopez but Larry Brown wanted Augustine & talked management out of it. It's inconceivable to me that any team would offer a max contract & have no serious interest in the player.

Nelo Ice

Banned
Chris Mannix ‏@ChrisMannixSI
If you are DeMarcus Cousins, you have two years to repair your image and clean up your act. Tens of millions at stake.

Lol who's he kidding someone's gonna give him the max regardless.

Also Nash just looks right in the purple and gold.

Bowser

Jordan always wanted to draft Lopez but Larry Brown wanted Augustine & talked management out of it. It's inconceivable to me that any team would offer a max contract & have no serious interest in the player.

Was there legitimate interest? Yeah, I believe so. Legit interest at that price, considering everything that has been said about the "plan", rebuilding, and not tying up long-term cap space? Debatable.

Either way, the Nets were going to match no matter what, so it's a moot point.

How many fucks will he give after getting a long term max contract after a team tried to trade him away?

I think being + .500 for the first time in his career, playing with two All Stars so he's not blatantly double teamed, and making more money than nearly every center in the conference will bring him out of his emo funk.

At least, I'd like to think so. He's only 24. We know he can score. If he can figure the rest out (which has more to do with effort than skill, considering how he played in '09) he can turn his rep around. He's not Dwight, but no one is in today's league.

Lol who's he kidding someone's gonna give him the max regardless.

Also Nash just looks right in the purple and gold.

I used to think Ibaka wouldn't get max. Now that's also a lock. Any big with any sort of skill seems to be getting max. Batum getting $10 mi per, Hibbert max, Lopez max, Asik $8 mil!

It's nuts. Sorry Gondo, but Ibaka is probably a goner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom