• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT|They said I could become anything so I became multiple sources

Status
Not open for further replies.

linsivvi

Not trying to make any point.

You're point was he can't even shoot .500 yet he's only .006 off. Since .600 is the standard for big men, you should have used that number.

You failed at logic.

If .600 is the standard for big men, pointing out a guy who can't meet an even lower standard makes him worse.

Try again.

Edit: Also, .600 is not the standard for big men. You fail at that as well. If we're talking about within 3 feet of the basket, then elite big men should be shooting > .700.

SUPREME1

Banned
148162701-steve-nash-is-introduced-to-the-los-angeles-gettyimages.jpg

"@ArashMarkazi: Jim Buss said he never uses Twitter so I let him scroll through all the Dwight Howard rumors on my timeline. He smiled and shook his head."

Get it done Jimmer.

He's not. I know he's an RFA and you have to pay some kind of price, but multiple firsts is all-star territory. It's the equivalent of what Phoenix got for Joe Johnson, who's better.

It's serious overpayment. Not to mention the contract ...
No I completely agree. I was woahing at that offer.

Korver + 2 firsts > Batum

Shurs

He's not. I know he's an RFA and you have to pay some kind of price, but multiple firsts is all-star territory. It's the equivalent of what Phoenix got for Joe Johnson, who's better.

I disagree.

Would you give up Wesley Johnson and Derrick Williams for Batum?

How about Johnny Flynn and Wesley Johnson?

Those are our last 3 picks, top 10 picks at that.

We'll be picking later in the lottery this year and we'll make the playoffs the year after.

I'd rather have Batum.

diehard

Fleer
I disagree.

We'll be picking later in the lottery this year and we'll make the playoffs the year after.

I'd rather have Batum.

all i got out of this is Kahn doesn't know how to draft

btw Rubio and Love were draft picks too.

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
I disagree.

I'd rather have Batum.

That's a stupid argument. Just because Kahn throws away picks doesn't mean a team that actually scouts well like Portland will.

It'll be later picks in an awful draft next year.

Jonm1010

Banned
Has anybody posted that Jarret Jack has been traded to the warriors?

no? ok
Either we see some sort of opportunity opening up by freeing his cap space and/or we have a lot of faith in Rivers converting to the point(he's been practicing there exclusively so far) and Vasquez.

Has Dwight or anyone linked to him given any explanation (aside from that true/false "blackmail" shit from a few weeks ago) as to why he picked up his option for another year? He was a couple of months from getting EVERYTHING he wanted. He and Deron could have been having their press conference together in Brooklyn right now.

I disagree.

I'd rather have Batum.
I think the team will draft better with Adelman having influence

You need rookies to fill our your roster

Shurs

That's a stupid argument. Just because Kahn throws away picks doesn't mean a team that actually scouts well like Portland will.

Portland's draft was mediocre at best this year, but that's beside the point. What Portland gets out of the Wolves draft picks is also besides the point, it's what the Wolves would get out of them.

Are you expecting future starters out of where we'll be picking in the next two drafts?

We're set at 1, 4 and 5. Acquiring Batum would ensure we're set at the 3, as well. We have some bench talent, including the number two pick in last years draft. We still have Memphis's first rounder.

What do we even need the picks for?

thekad

Banned
I can't believe after all this nonsense, Dwight is just going I stay in Orlando. The perfect ending to what's been the worst story in the NBA.

Portland's draft was mediocre at best this year, but that's beside the point. What Portland gets out of the Wolves draft picks is also besides the point, it's what the Wolves would get out of them.

Are you expecting future starters out of where we'll be picking in the next two drafts?

We're set at 1, 4 and 5. Acquiring Batum would ensure we're set at the 3, as well. We have some bench talent, including the number two pick in last years draft. We still have Memphis's first rounder.

Rookies are low salary

Rodeo Clown

Your argument is basically "The Wolves don't draft well, so they should give up the picks."

You should sit this one out, stop talking for a while.

I can't believe after all this nonsense, Dwight is just going I stay in Orlando. The perfect ending to what's been the worst story in the NBA.

if he doesn't sign an extension there is NO WAY Orlando can keep him around come opening night. He will get boo'd so bad at home and be constantly getting ripped by the media. And road teams can troll him too. I can just imagine the PA people in Boston or Miami playing "No Sleep (til Brooklyn)" every time he catches the ball.

DCX

DCX
if he doesn't sign an extension there is NO WAY Orlando can keep him around come opening night. He will get boo'd so bad at home and be constantly getting ripped by the media. And road teams can troll him too. I can just imagine the PA people in Boston or Miami playing "No Sleep (til Brooklyn)" every time he catches the ball.

Exactly, so Amar'e and first round picks in 2018 an 2019 to get it done!!

DCX

Rodeo Clown

Rookies are low salary

Precisely. They're a really good way to fill out the roster. Who cares if the Wolves aren't getting starters? You should be able to get solid players anyway or pick up some Euro stashes.

Picks are really valuable. Don't give two away for a guy that will never be an all-star.

this might be the wrong topic but i just checked espn for basketball news and saw the ESPYs

http://espn.go.com/espn/playbook/story/_/id/8153251/behold-2012-espys-predictions

why do they even bother nominating non americans :lol

Best Athlete Prediction: Each dominated his respective sport at times, but only one dominated -- big time -- and won his most recent shot at a title. His first title, in case you didn't know. That would be James

yeah because djokovic having one if not the best tennis season of all time is not dominating big time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom