• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT|They said I could become anything so I became multiple sources

Status
Not open for further replies.
And to think, Dwyane Wade, Chris Bosh, and LeBron are all playing at below their market value

And the Nets are giving Brook Lopez the max

Nelo Ice

Banned
I used to think Ibaka wouldn't get max. Now that's also a lock. Any big with any sort of skill seems to be getting max. Batum getting $10 mi per, Hibbert max, Lopez max, Asik $8 mil!

It's nuts. Sorry Gondo, but Ibaka is probably a goner.

Clearly Ibaka won't leave he wants stay in that family atmosphere :lol. Also at this rate is it just me or are like 90% of these contracts all going to be on fire sale in 3 or 4 years?

This is why Asik isn't THAT overpaid (he's definitely making three million too much). Big men get big money just because they're tall. Brook Lopez, Roy Hibbert, etc. are not on the same level as other people making their salary level.

Nash in a Lakers uni looks so...wrong.

But I can't lie, the Nash
-Howard
pick and rolls will be glorious. DEM LAWBS.

Was there legitimate interest? Yeah, I believe so. Legit interest at that price, considering everything that has been said about the "plan", rebuilding, and not tying up long-term cap space? Debatable.

Either way, the Nets were going to match no matter what, so it's a moot point.

Exactly my thoughts. Of course, the Bobcats were interested in Lopez. But Cho conceded that the Nets valued him too highly(as a 7 footer and a potential trade piece for Howard down the road) to let him leave right now through free agency. The Nets were always going to match any reasonable offer we could've made him.

Probably because our GM and owner know how to win. Look at all these teams overpaying and trading for dogshit. Not our fault that players graviate to us. Not to mention that we just take advantage of the all the mistakes other teams make. Look at the Bulls, Thunder etc they could all easily make plays for Dwight but none of them have the balls to do it. Mitch and Buss give zero fucks and do what it takes to get the impact players.
Im not saying your FO has nothing to do with it but youre in the top town for FAs

Thats a compliment

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!

xUF8L.png

is what you posted

Nelo Ice

Banned
Im not saying your FO has nothing to do with it but youre in the top town for FAs

Thats a compliment

Yeah it certainly helps what city we're in and Mitch and co def use it to their full adavnatage. What I think Ryutaro is getting no one wants to see the Lakers get better just because we're always good. Instead of giving crap to other teams around the league we're always the target of scorn because hey unfortunately our team knows exactly what they're doing.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
I consider 6 rebounds a game to be point and laugh for a 7 footer making the max. It's a perfect Andrea comparison.

He is a poor rebounding big man.. but he plays nothing like Andrea.

Pretty funny arguments in the Lopez contract thread on Real GM general board, basically a flame war of who has the worse max deal in Hibbert or Lopez

RBH

It's official:

The Brooklyn Nets have acquired six-time All-Star guard Joe Johnson from the Atlanta Hawks in exchange for Jordan Farmar, Anthony Morrow, DeShawn Stevenson, Jordan Williams, Johan Petro, Houston’s 2013 first round pick and the Nets’ second round draft pick in 2017, Nets General Manager Billy King announced today.

“We are very pleased to add a perennial All-Star caliber player like Joe Johnson to our roster,” said King. “Joe is considered one of the premier guards in the NBA, and his skill and talent level will have a very positive impact on our team.”

We got a 2nd round pick too!

Omega

Banned
Shooting .500 doesn't make him suddenly worth the max either. What point are you trying to make?

All the top centers have a conversion rate of > .700 within 3 feet of the basket. Lopez is at the low .600.

Not trying to make any point.

You're point was he can't even shoot .500 yet he's only .006 off. Since .600 is the standard for big men, you should have used that number.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom