• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT|They said I could become anything so I became multiple sources

Status
Not open for further replies.
duhon-dancing.gif

I laughed my ass off when I first saw that on tv.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
I'm sorry, but I can't get behind the logic that puts Brooks over Dragic.

then throw Brooks off the list.. I put him on there because he had flashes of all starness in Houston and might still blossom a bit..

Vyer

then throw Brooks off the list.. I put him on there because he had flashes of all starness in Houston and might still blossom a bit..

Dragic meets those same criteria, except his game is even more well rounded than Brooks', who was essentially an undersized two.

Obviously not a sure bet, but Dragic made the most of his opportunity this year.

The other day my buddy and I were talking about trades and I was like what can we trade for Hibbert. I was thinking Bynum and Ebanks for him

SamuraiX-

I can't understand how a guy like Doron Lamb is rated as a 2nd rounder no matter where you look in such a weak draft. Capable shooter, decent facilitator, active defender? Should at least put you as a late 1st rounder in a draft like this. I feel like he'll be the steal of the 2nd round this year.

I can't understand how a guy like Doron Lamb is rated as a 2nd rounder no matter where you look in such a weak draft. Capable shooter, decent facilitator, active defender? Should at least put you as a late 1st rounder in a draft like this. I feel like he'll be the steal of the 2nd round this year.

Cause it's not a weak draft.

Short on franchise guys but heavy on impact starters.

The other day my buddy and I were talking about trades and I was like what can we trade for Hibbert. I was thinking Bynum and Ebanks for him

You're crazy, Bynum is a way better center that Hibbert, even with the baggage he brings to town.

If anything it would be Hibbert plus a player and a pick for Bynum.

Hearing that Jeremy Lamb barely knew who Lamarcus Aldridge was when asked how much he knew about the Blazers.

Man that's scary.

One thing I will say for Drummond is that he's the best version of fools gold to come along in a while. As a Wiz fan who has McGee, Kwame and Blatche in our history even I thought...for a single second mind you, about drafting Drummond lol.

MJ taking him at #2 for sure. NBADraft.net thinks so haha.

SamuraiX-

Cause it's not a weak draft.

Short on franchise guys but heavy on impact starters.

lol

Assuming Anthony Davis will be the only franchise player caliber guy, and aside from guys like Thomas Robinson, MKG, Beal, and maybe Drummond, who exactly do you see being an impact starter in this league out of the prospective 1st round stock?

thekad

Banned
lol

Assuming Anthony Davis will be the only franchise player caliber guy, and aside from guys like Thomas Robinson, MKG, Beal, and maybe Drummond, who exactly do you see being an impact starter in this league out of the prospective 1st round stock?

jeremy lamb, leonard, rivers, jones have good upside

lol

Impact starter doesn't mean all-star; I mean someone like Aaron Afflalo in which case there's a lot of those type of guys in this draft.

abuC

Hearing that Jeremy Lamb barely knew who Lamarcus Aldridge was when asked how much he knew about the Blazers.

Man that's scary.

Not really, I knew some D1 guys that didn't really follow the NBA game that much, they checked out the marquee games but not much outside of that.

What's scary is that he looks and sounds high in every interview though.

Jonm1010

Banned
I don't see Davis being a franchise level player either actually. He's like the next Marcus Camby in my opinion.

Either way I'd take a guy who's floor is Marcus camby when his ceiling is potentially Kevin Garnett.

Either way your coming out with a guy who can be a difference maker on your team.

I don't see Davis being a franchise level player either actually. He's like the next Marcus Camby in my opinion.

If Marcus Camby were healthier over his career, and played in this era I think he'd have had a greater impact. With how guards and perimeter players are allowed to slash and penetrate guys like Tyson Chandler and Dwight, defensively, are extremely valuable. Don't know if Davis is a franchise big like Dwight or KG or Duncan, but even if he turns out to be another Tyson Chandler, that's a pretty great piece.

I think he'll match KG's peak defense and be a multiple all-star.

21, 9, 4 BPG with great D is about where I expect him to be at during his better seasons. Kind of KG like in that he really is going to need a better scorer than himself as a 1st option to chip.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Couldn't help but notice how prominent that Bobcats microphone was in Barnes' interview. Its gonna happen DY, its gonna happen

abuC

If Marcus Camby were healthier over his career, and played in this era I think he'd have had a greater impact. With how guards and perimeter players are allowed to slash and penetrate guys like Tyson Chandler and Dwight, defensively, are extremely valuable. Don't know if Davis is a franchise big like Dwight or KG or Duncan, but even if he turns out to be another Tyson Chandler, that's a pretty great piece.

I don't know of any real comparison for Davis, he's a much better athlete and more fluid than Camby, plus his shot doesn't look like he's throwing a bag of laundry at someone.

I don't think he has Tyson or Dwight defensive ability either, both guys are longer than him, I was shocked that he only has a 9"0 standing reach, thought it would be in that freakish 9"5 range.

Calipari said Davis might transition to SF in the NBA, and can do a lot more than he showed at Kentucky, so who knows what he'll turn into.

I can't imagine being a billionaire at 34. I'd probably just give up on life and spend every single day eating and fucking.

How is that giving up on life? In my book that is living.

On topic though the only way Barnes becomes a Bobcat is if the #2 pick gets traded. Any team that thinks it will be back in the lottery next year would be stupid to reach on Beal, MKG, or Barnes because next year's backcourt class looks a lot more talented to me. It's all about the frontcourt in this year's draft, i.e. Davis, Drummond, Leonard, Henson, Terrence Jones, Perry Jones, Zeller, and Sullinger will all probably go in the first half of the draft.

abuC

I can't imagine being a billionaire at 34. I'd probably just give up on life and spend every single day eating and fucking.

I couldn't be a billionaire, I have megalomaniac tendencies, ie. my house would have a lot of giant gold statutes of me outside of it, and countless painted portraits of me standing with my golden statutes of me.

I saw the interior of some of Sadaam Hussein's palaces and thought "This guy has great decor sense".

giri

He'll either bring the Grizzlies to the promised land (NBA Finals/Championship) or burn them down in flames.

I honestly can't ever remember an NBA owner being so young. 34? I mean, holy shit.

I'd say Cuban would be the youngest person to BUY a team.

No facts there, just sort of guessing.

Can't say i blame him though, owning a team would be fun. And now he has his own team of cheerleaders he can "Interview for their position".

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
I couldn't be a billionaire, I have megalomaniac tendencies, ie. my house would have a lot of giant gold statutes of me outside of it, and countless painted portraits of me standing with my golden statutes of me.

I saw the interior of some of Sadaam Hussein's palaces and thought "This guy has great decor sense".

Wade?!

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
Spurs have only 1 pick in the draft...2nd last in the 2nd round..and cap space is locked up..

won't be in here this summer!

pilonv1

dude hasnt shown the first sign of being able to ever score 21 a game.

They never ran any plays for him or passed him the ball. Kentucky was 132nd in the country in assists. He averaged 8.4 shot attempts PER GAME.

The fact that he averaged 14ppg is amazing.

Davis' touch, hands, BBIQ, footwork, and quickness are all insanely good, it's hard to not eventually develop into a great scorer if you're a big man with those qualities who works hard.

giri

Wait someone just bought the team and he is 34? WTF.

Edit: apparently paying around 350million.

The price is very interesting to me. $350M

That seems to be a very common valuation for these teams, particularly the small market ones.

I think MJ paid around $300M for the bobcats too. and the W's went for around that.

SamuraiX-

So today the Kings worked out:
John Henson (UNC)
Drew Gordon (New Mexico)
Charlie Westbrook (South Dakota)
Ricardo Ratliffe (Missouri)
Yancy Gates (Cincinnati)
Oscar Bellfield (UNLV)

I honestly have no fucking idea who anybody on that list is besides Henson and Gordon.

pilonv1

You can also forget about them trading the No. 1 pick. Sources say the Cavs offered them No. 4, No. 24, No. 33 and No. 34 for No. 1. And sources said the Cavs got a firm and quick "No!"

lol

The question is will he be drafted at No. 2? We've had Michael Kidd-Gilchrist as the No. 2 pick for the past few weeks. Sources say the Bobcats still haven't decided and are seriously considering trading the No. 2 pick to get multiple picks back. However, Robinson is very seriously in the mix, and I'm told right now that Michael Jordan isn't sold on Kidd-Gilchrist.

I'm sorry for your second loss DY

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
Da fuck are the Cavs doing?! Get this draft over with before we trade all of our picks please.

So today the Kings worked out:
John Henson (UNC)
Drew Gordon (New Mexico)
Charlie Westbrook (South Dakota)
Ricardo Ratliffe (Missouri)
Yancy Gates (Cincinnati)
Oscar Bellfield (UNLV)

I honestly have no fucking idea who anybody on that list is besides Henson and Gordon.

I'm pretty sure Yancy Gates is the guy who was involved in some thug ass fight on the court with another team

He would fit very well with Tyreke

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom