• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT|They said I could become anything so I became multiple sources

Status
Not open for further replies.

giri

Da fuck are the Cavs doing?! Get this draft over with before we trade all of our picks please.

Whilst you need talent all over the place, Davis and Kyrie would be a good combo.

But as the thunder have shown, having a few top 5 picks along side a number 1, along with a lot of well drafted later first rounders, is a much better way of having a fully competent roster.

The Cavaliers would have to give up multiple other top ten picks to move up to #1, I don't think that's controversial to say at all. The Blazers traded down from #3 to #6 for a few late firsts and that destroyed their team as they went from CP3 to Martell Webster.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Eh, I'm not sure I'm sold on MKG either. If only either Biyombo or T-Rob was taller, it would work out just fine :|

I'm not worried about Biyombo at all. Until this draft starts, he's the youngest player in the league still and he's got plenty of room to grow and fill out. I'm still wiping the drool away from when he handled Dwight in both meetings.
lol

I'm sorry for your second loss DY

I'm not "sold" on MKG either. I like him, but watching Wallace kill himself night in and night out got old. Also, if TRob just beasts everyone he's put up against in workouts, then by all means give him a look at #2 as well... the fact that we aren't committed to any of these guys is music to my ears.

edit: also, Snyder's name keeps popping us as the favorite as new coach. notsureifwant

abuC

I'm not worried about Biyombo at all. Until this draft starts, he's the youngest player in the league still and he's got plenty of room to grow and fill out. I'm still wiping the drool away from when he handled Dwight in both meetings.

I'm not "sold" on MKG either. I like him, but watching Wallace kill himself night in and night out got old. Also, if TRob just beasts everyone he's put up against in workouts, then by all means give him a look at #2 as well... the fact that we aren't committed to any of these guys is music to my ears.

edit: also, Snyder's name keeps popping us as the favorite as new coach. notsureifwant

June 28th -

"And with the 2nd pick in the 2012 NBA draft, the Charlotte Bobcats select.......Andre Drummond from the University of Connecticut"

.............no

It's going to happen :)

So today the Kings worked out:
John Henson (UNC)
Drew Gordon (New Mexico)
Charlie Westbrook (South Dakota)
Ricardo Ratliffe (Missouri)
Yancy Gates (Cincinnati)
Oscar Bellfield (UNLV)

I honestly have no fucking idea who anybody on that list is besides Henson and Gordon.
How do you not know Gates? Besides being in an ugly melee he projects to being a good bench guy.

nbadraft.net's mock as Orlando picking Perry Jones at 19? The fuck happened, I thought his crazy combine measurements would boost his stock.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
nbadrat.net also has Drummond at number 2..

Cats futurez!

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I can't believe how little I care about this draft.

As long as we trade down OR take MKG or Robinson at #2, I'm absolutely okay.

Its weird.

Just keep Sloan and his Hall of Fame coaching away from me.

Blackace

I can't believe how little I care about this draft.

As long as we trade down OR take MKG or Robinson at #2, I'm absolutely okay.

Its weird.

Just keep Sloan and his Hall of Fame coaching away from me.

AD and Sloan... AT THE SAME DAMN TIME! AT THE SAME DAMN TIME!!!

charsace

The Perry Jones hype has gotten out of hand. The guy doesn't have a position. And its not because he has a variety of good skills. He handles the ball like most big men, Can't shoot outside of 12 feet, no post game, mediocre help defender and man/post defender in college, terrible shot blocker and didn't seem to care in any of the games I saw, this includes tourney games. People like to talk about how he was misused at baylor as a scorer, but when he tried to iso he looked bad like most big men and his lack of rebounding and defense can't be blamed on his teammates. The kid just isn't a good basketball player.

abuC

The Perry Jones hype has gotten out of hand. The guy doesn't have a position. And its not because he has a variety of good skills. He handles the ball like most big men, Can't shoot outside of 12 feet, no post game, mediocre help defender and man/post defender in college, terrible shot blocker and didn't seem to care in any of the games I saw, this includes tourney games. People like to talk about how he was misused at baylor as a scorer, but when he tried to iso he looked bad like most big men and his lack of rebounding and defense can't be blamed on his teammates. The kid just isn't a good basketball player.

If I had his body and athleticism I'd be the second coming of Shawn Kemp, minus the 20 kids.

Whoever takes him will pray that he can either transition to SF, or he'll develop a 15 footer to play off the pick and roll and become a faceup 4.

Blackace

this generations Marcus Fizer?

charsace

If I had his body and athleticism I'd be the second coming of Shawn Kemp, minus the 20 kids.

Whoever takes him will pray that he can either transition to SF, or he'll develop a 15 footer to play off the pick and roll and become a faceup 4.

The small forward talk needs to stop. He has no perimeter skills. None. He has no jumper and can't beat anyone off the dribble. He couldn't beat slow college bigmen off the dribble, dude has no chance against NBA sf's. And he can't defend the perimeter. A team that wants a 6'11 sf is better off calling Denver and trying to get Gallinari. Because Gallinari is what everyone seems to think Perry Jones is when he isn't. Jones is a pf that will be good for a highlight dunk every once in a while in between his garbage play. We have seen this type of player quiet a few times over the years.

this generations Marcus Fizer?
Fizer produced in college. I called Beasley the next Fizer back in the day. Perry Jones is more like a Rodney White, Nikola Tshili-whatever, Joey Alexander type of scrub. And some of the guys I listed actually looked good in college.

On the Magic RealGM board draft thread there's a user named PerryJonesIII defending everything about him lawl

hPen6.png

Blackace

Fizer produced in college. I called Beasley the next Fizer back in the day. Perry Jones is more like a Rodney White, Nikola Tshili-whatever, Joey Alexander type of scrub. And some of the guys I listed actually looked good in college.

actually the numbers aren't too far away... if PJ3 stayed another year and had a bump in his ppg he would be Marcus Fizer 2

Blackace

lol you're right I didn't even look. Fizer had a post game in college and a little jumper out to 12 though.

Fizer was the true tweener too short to play PF and not skilled enough to play SF at the NBA level but was still drafted at 4.. lol

pilonv1

Perry Jones has already been compared correctly - Earl Clark

please only use this official bestgaf player comparison moving forward

has there ever been a player who had a bad/questionable work ethic in college and turned it around in the pros? If they can't get motivated during what is basically an extended tryout for teams who are wiling to give them millions of dollars, why would they once they get that money?

Blackace

has there ever been a player who had a bad/questionable work ethic in college and turned it around in the pros? If they can't get motivated during what is basically an extended tryout for teams who are wiling to give them millions of dollars, why would they once they get that money?

Derrick Coleman did ok!

I was gonna say that maybe if a lazy player was drafted to a team with KG but then I remember that Jordan calling Kwame a faggot didn't help him any

so no

Canuck76

Banned
I kind of get the feeling they're going to take Waiters.

Are either guys really going to be all-star talents?

I feel like Wesley could impress if Felton's not blowing 20 seconds of the shot clock dribbling around then chucking a flat 3.

I would like to take a chance if we could move up somehow without sacrificing either pick.

Apparently NO is looking to swap the 10th for getting Okafor off the books and some talent.

In that case i might see us giving Wesley up for a chance at Ross or Waiters.

Honestly don't know enough about either though.

giri

People questioned DMC's work ethic amongst other things.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Can you guys imagine if PJIII landed on the Raptors? Trax's keyboard just might seppuku.

abuC

Rudy Gay.

Jonm1010

Banned
Are either guys really going to be all-star talents?

I feel like Wesley could impress if Felton's not blowing 20 seconds of the shot clock dribbling around then chucking a flat 3.

I would like to take a chance if we could move up somehow without sacrificing either pick.

Apparently NO is looking to swap the 10th for getting Okafor off the books and some talent.

In that case i might see us giving Wesley up for a chance at Ross or Waiters.

Honestly don't know enough about either though.

New Orleans isn't jut handing the pick away for cap relief though. The team seemingly wants a very good deal to give it up.

They want a comparable player and/or strong draft pick(s) later this draft and a first next.....personally I don't think anyone ends up biting unless a big name drops hard that some team stupidly gives up the house for. Though if some fairly mediocre team is willing to give up a decent starter, an unprotected first next year, a later draft pick this year and take on ariza or okafor I wouldn't complain.... But no one is that stupid right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom