• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT|They said I could become anything so I became multiple sources

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Al_Iannazzone Al Iannazzone

The Lin-Novak hearing is over, a source said. A decision is expected soon, as david stern said yesterday. Not expecting it today.
@stevenovak20 Steve Novak

I can't thank Jeffrey Kessler and @TheNBPA enough for all the work they have put into this Birds Rights case. A decision in about 2 weeks.
Time to pray...
this is a deep draft, full of young talent.. they didn't get out of anything..
6a0115709f071f970b0133f1f81ec7970b-400wi

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Well there you go, they won't be distracted trying to offload their talented draft pick in the middle of the season now. But I disagree about the talent of that list as well.

did you know Rex Walters is half Japanese?

Blackace

I didn't know Rex Walters.

Balled really hard at Kanas...From about 96 on the Nets have had quite a bit of talent run through their drafts..

A lot of bust as well..

Clippers East

Kevtones

I hope Portland doesn't move up unless it's 6, 11, and Batum for Anthony Davis.

Ignoring injuries, was Portland's Aldridge/Roy draft one of the best in NBA history? Anyone else ever get two all-stars in one draft?

SI says the Wolves are looking at John Henson and Royce White at 18.

Why, god, why

John Henson is pretty good I think. Was a much better player than Barnes in college and he doesn't really do anything worse than Drummond while doing a lot of things better.

He was older though which is obviously a big deal, but still...

Blackace

Oh Sonics can't take the Kings. We need another team in the Northwest but i would feel dirty taking the Kings when DMC is like a reincarnated C-Webb.

I don't really want to take a team from anyone.. only NOLA didn't really deserve a team, but that was Stern's baby so he would not let that team leave... Almost all franchises have decent fan support.. but maybe the Hawks.. and their history is too long.. lol

Looked at vids of T-Rob again.

Hope the Wiz pass on him. There isn't anything I really like about his game. He'll be a good rebounder at the next level but I don't see a whole lot else.

Blackace

Looked at vids of T-Rob again.

Hope the Wiz pass on him. There isn't anything I really like about his game. He'll be a good rebounder at the next level but I don't see a whole lot else.

I don't see why they don't snag MKG if he is there at 3

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
perfect reaction.. but..

Iggy as the go to guy again could be fun... and at 15 if Jared Sullinger or Arnett Moultrie is still on the board that might be a very good draft
Iggy has been the go to guy in Philly for years.

I ain't bout that life.

Blackace

Iggy has been the go to guy in Philly for years.

I ain't bout that life.

He actually isn't.... The 76ers play spread ball.. and they have been trying to move him for a min.. so he hasn't been the focus for a few years.

Getting Iggy and trading down would be win for the Cats..
Also Iggy plays the point forward well.. allowing your Point not Pass guards to do their things..

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
He actually isn't.... The 76ers play spread ball.. and they have been trying to move him for a min.. so he hasn't been the focus for a few years.

Getting Iggy and trading down would be win for the Cats..
Also Iggy plays the point forward well.. allowing your Point not Pass guards to do their things..

I don't think its worth dropping down that far just for Iggy and the possibility of getting shafted with Zeller.

I'd also like to see Kemba catch the full wrath of whatever coach we hire. Snyder, Shaw, Sloan... it doesn't matter. If he dies, he dies.

Blackace

I don't think its worth dropping down that far just for Iggy and the possibility of getting shafted with Zeller.

I'd also like to see Kemba catch the full wrath of whatever coach we hire. Snyder, Shaw, Sloan... it doesn't matter. If he dies, he dies.

not how most draft day trades work..

most the times you wait to see who is on the board!

pilonv1

I'd go out like Queen Latifah in Set It Off before that happens

Won't happen anyway. Lacob would be the only guy to trade Davis away because of his man crush on Lee. At worst he'd make Jackson start Lee and have Davis come off the bench.

Lee & Maggette would have some awesome all offense/no defense though.

What makes Beal any better than Barnes. They are the same player except Barnes is taller and much more athletic.

Beal is a way better ball handler and passer and help defender and rebounder. Beal can actually run a pick-and-roll and understand that there are several things that can happen, Barnes always ends up shooting a bad contesting jumper.

And Barnes isn't more athletic.

perfect reaction.. but..

Iggy as the go to guy again could be fun... and at 15 if Jared Sullinger or Arnett Moultrie is still on the board that might be a very good draft

Iggy will be a Raptor. The franchise has been smarting ever since picking Araujo over him way back when. Trading for him is a way to revisit and dwell in that pain.

abuC

Beal is a way better ball handler and passer and help defender and rebounder. Beal can actually run a pick-and-roll and understand that there are several things that can happen, Barnes always ends up shooting a bad contesting jumper.

And Barnes isn't more athletic.

Technically Barnes is more athletic, he's just not as fluid with his movements.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom