• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT|They said I could become anything so I became multiple sources

Status
Not open for further replies.

abuC

Summer League is going to be televised on NBAtv this year. Get excited?

I went to Summer league games a few years ago, actually really fun to be at, and most importantly if I remember correctly it was either $20 or 30 for the entire day.

Plus, there was some guy yelling weird stuff at people during freethrows:

"I love your skin complexion Mr. Blatche, do you use Dove and where did you get your socks?"

charsace

Barnes' combine was pretty crazy.

The saddest part is he looks Battier smart and has the physical tools but moves around the court like he has a stick up his ass.
Combine doesn't mean much. There are a lot of poor athletes or average athletes that test out with great numbers.

Combine doesn't mean much. There are a lot of poor athletes or average athletes that test out with great numbers.

He looks like he's in great shape...doesnt matter if you cant dribble though.

If the warriors draft him theyll be a good team i 2k between Klay, steph and barnes nailing every shot.

Yeah, if Barnes was at least an average dribbler he'd be the undisputed number two pick this year. He's not though, he dribbles the ball up too high and does a terrible job of shielding it from defenders.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Yeah, if Barnes was at least an average dribbler he'd be the undisputed number two pick this year. He's not though, he dribbles the ball up too high and does a terrible job of shielding it from defenders.

I'm not sure how I feel about the #2 for #4 & #24 from Cleveland either.

I feel as if a lot of the buzz about Barnes in Charlotte is just to fuck with them and it kinda seems like its working. Its not a bad trade by any means. Especially if Robinson is our guy anyways.

I feel as if a lot of the buzz about Barnes in Charlotte is just to fuck with them and it kinda seems like its working. Its not a bad trade by any means. Especially if Robinson is our guy anyways.

I hope that's what we're doing. Moving back two spots and picking up an additional first round pick would be about as good a trade as we can ask for unless we can pick up a decent player and a top 10 pick from some other team instead.

So basically:

1-Davis
2-Barnes/Beal
3-Beal/Barnes
4-Robinson/Drummond

So like you said if we have Robinson equal with Barnes and Beal it's a no brainer deal.

Bowser

I hope that's what we're doing. Moving back two spots and picking up an additional first round pick would be about as good a trade as we can ask for unless we can pick up a decent player and a top 10 pick from some other team instead.

So basically:

1-Davis
2-Barnes/Beal
3-Beal/Barnes
4-Robinson/Drummond

So like you said if we have Robinson equal with Barnes and Beal it's a no brainer deal.

I doubt MKG lasts until 5?

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Yep, that's what I'm thinking. I'm pretty sure MJ will pick him up.

Then we will get Beal imo. But I won't be surprised with Robinson either.

I don't think we "need" to pick him up though.

That's why all the trade talk is going around. The gap between him and others isn't so big that we have to lock in on him.

Mothman91

I don't think we "need" to pick him up though.

That's why all the trade talk is going around. The gap between him and others isn't so big that we have to lock in on him.

Would you want the 2nd or two picks? I was reading that the Cavs were trying to deal you their two picks?

pilonv1

That's actually a smart move if the guy they want is Robinson or Drummond. Wizards wont take either of them so it's just to see what they can pry out of Cleveland.

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
The Lakers might be about to lose assistant coach Quin Snyder to become head coach of the Charlotte Bobcats.

Snyder, who has impressed many in the Lakers’ organization in his one year under head coach Mike Brown, interviewed again with Bobcats owner Michael Jordan on Wednesday. Former Lakers assistant Brian Shaw, who spent the past year as an associate head coach for the Indiana Pacers, is believed to prefer the Orlando Magic head job to the Bobcats’ one.
http://lakers.ocregister.com/2012/06/14/lakers-assistant-quin-snyder-new-bobcats-coach/73139/

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
He'll coach Miami next year. Nash will be his PG.

OKC is not dealing Harden. They'll resign him and let Ibaka walk. Collison would be cheaper and he can give you similar numbers.
Right state wrong team...

SamuraiX-

Still hoping Jeffrey, the Wiz, or the Comicsansaliers fucks this up and we can land MKG, Beal, or Robinson. I'll take fucking any of them. Just not Drummond, Lamb, Barnes, or Sullinger.

GAWD NO PLEASE

Damn, it's probably for the best though. I'm cool either Snyder or Shaw as long as Shaw doesn't try to implement the triangle. We don't have the players to run it.

Speaking of the draft though, I think it'll go like this:

1-Davis
2-Barnes (to Cleveland)
3-Beal
4-Robinson (to Charlotte)
5-MKG
6-Drummond

I would seriously die if this happened. Holy shit.

Not enough buckets in the world for all the jizz.

Kings pre-draft workout vids:

Drummond
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KPiGu8pWwLA

YouTube comments never cease to be enlightening:
86sLo.png

pilonv1

I lol'd.

Also, remember a time when Barnes was guaranteed to go number 1?

The time before he played a game at UNC? I remember his first few months being terrible and people questioning him being a #1 pick. It wasn't till the second half of his freshman season that he started to get anywhere near the rep he had coming in.

Bowser

The time before he played a game at UNC? I remember his first few months being terrible and people questioning him being a #1 pick. It wasn't till the second half of his freshman season that he started to get anywhere near the rep he had coming in.

Fuck man, the second half of his frosh season was magical. Then we never saw that HB again.

Fuck man, the second half of his frosh season was magical. Then we never saw that HB again.

I don't think it will ever be seen again period if he end up playing for the Bobcats. His best chance at NBA success will be to get out of North Carolina, he'd be scrutinized way too much playing in Charlotte.

Sacramento's front office and coaching staff are reportedly leaning towards picking the player who can help them the most immediately next season, as they simply do not have the job security to wait on a prospect like Andre Drummond who could take 2-3 years to pan out. With that in mind, Harrison Barnes is both the safe and most logical pick here considering how weak the Kings are at small forward at the moment.

Yep, this sounds like the Kings. Interesting how they seem to be trying to get "immediate help" in the draft every year and still suck every year.

And DX has the 76ers taking PJIII, lol.

I've settled on MKG as the guy I want for the Wiz. Beal concerned me with his talk about "not having fun" early on with Florida. That sounds crazy.

MKG seems obsessed with basketball and he moves well. Hope the Cats go with Robinson.

MKG just admitted that he only saw Jordan play for the Wizards and when the reporter mentioned that he didn't see good jordan MKG responded with, " I thought Wizards Jordan was best Jordan."

Bobcats are SCREWED.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom