• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT|They said I could become anything so I became multiple sources

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mothman91

So we got 2/3 of our payroll filled by 3 players.

One is declining, another is injury prone, and a 3rd I don't even know wtf to think about.

well, this is indeed fucking splendid.

and a damn draft pick.

Uh...hes probably our third best player behind Wall and Nene.

:(
Seraphin was doing damn well when Nene was out. and he was our 3rd best player, unfortunately.

Jonm1010

Banned
Makes me believe they're gonna take Beal @ #3. Although he'd be a horrible complement to Wall. Then again, so would any SG.

They need some offense because other then Wall all they seem to have is Ariza and the black hole that he is. And he's only offense because he refuses to play within himself and not chuck up shitty shots.

I'd say after years of Shinn and Bower and losing CP3 we deserve a little bit of luck here.

And why does Sterns veto carry over to a regime that literally had nothing to do with Sterns actions? I guess I could see that being a legitimate reason to hate Stern, but not quite understanding why the Hornets would deserve that blame?

This is true, but as a diehard Charlotte Hornets fan growing up and now a fan of the worst team in the history of the NBA you'll have to excuse me for being a little bitter.

I mean...im still shocked. Between Singleton and Ves why in the world would we find Ariza attractive?

And with the play of Seraphin at the end of the season why on Earth would you find Okafor attractive?

I mean..

Fuck.

Mothman91

I mean...im still shocked. Between Singleton and Ves why in the world would we find Ariza attractive?

And with the play of Seraphin at the end of the season why on Earth would you find Okafor attractive?

I mean..

Fuck.

We were doing damn well at the end of the season too. I was looking very forward to this season, but now....

yeah,

fuck.

2012 Draft

#1 Davis - Hornets
#2 Robinson - Bobcats
#3 Beal - Wizards
#4 Barnes - Cavs
#5 MGK - Kings
#6 Drummond or Lillard - Blazers

That's how my top 6 draft picks look like right now.

SamuraiX-

2012 Draft

#1 Davis - Hornets
#2 Robinson - Bobcats
#3 Beal - Wizards
#4 Barnes - Cavs
#5 MGK MKG - Kings
#6 Drummond or Lillard - Blazers

That's how my top 6 draft picks look like right now.

Buckets. Jizz. Tits.

David Aldridge ‏@daldridgetnt
Wizards in win now mode. Reluctant to throw big $ at limited free agent class. Okafor/Ariza pros who will be good people around John Wall.

Oh, DA.

KBergCBS
My thoughts on the Wizards-Hornets trade. http://t.co/49pnmh82

Outstanding.

Nene is a guy that'll make Wall better, yet he just comments on Okafor and Ariza?

I can't wait for the 1st time Ariza has the ball, Wall wants it back in Ariza shakes him off and goes into and ISO.
Outstanding.
tumblr_loyipcjMay1qkxh6ro1_400.gif

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Wall is one of the worst passers in the league.

RZA is perpendicular to the square and Okafor's hands are Biyombad.

Someone will take him based off that "potential," and frankly if he does fall id be ok if the hornets did take a risk on him at ten.

None of the teams with a top 8 pick make sense for him though; a lot of teams that are either trying to win soon or already have invested a lot into other young big men.

Jonm1010

Banned
None of the teams with a top 8 pick make sense for him though; a lot of teams that are either trying to win soon or already have invested a lot into other young big men.

Well if he falls to us at ten I'd risk it.....unless one of the more proven SF's or someone like Lilliard falls to ten.

One popular Knick rumor is that they:

a) are trying to work a draft night deal with Golden State where the move up to #35 and take Doron Lamb.
b) do a post-draft deal where they sign-and-trade Landry Fields for him.

Besides PG, Knicks are desperately trying to get young perimeter shooters and Lamb, Kim English, and Darius Odom-Johnson fit that. Guys who can catch-and-shoot, shoot off the dribble, or shoot running off a screen.

An exceptionally tough defensive player, Johnson-Odom may not have great size for the shooting guard position at 6'2, but teams will value his scoring instincts and ability to compensate for his height with his 6'7 wingspan on the defensive end.
Also defense helps too.

a) are trying to work a draft night deal with Golden State where the move up to #35 and take Doron Lamb.

Besides PG, Knicks are desperately trying to get young perimeter shooters and Lamb, Kim English, and Darius Odom-Johnson fit that. Guys who can catch-and-shoot, shoot off the dribble, or shoot running off a screen.

Also defense helps too.

Me gusta.

I've decided that I want the Bobcats to take Drummond. If we can't draft a star player we might as well take on a project with high potential so we can continue to suck and be in the lottery. Rich Cho might want to be Presti, but the Khan method will work too (eventually at least).

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
I've decided that I want the Bobcats to take Drummond. If we can't draft a star player we might as well take on a project with high potential so we can continue to suck and be in the lottery. Rich Cho might want to be Presti, but the Khan method will work too (eventually at least).

Let's not pretend like there is a method to what David Kahn does.

SamuraiX-

Also defense helps too.

Kings worked out Kim English earlier in the week, but I never watched him too much. After reading up a little about him I feel like he could be a 2nd round steal. I'd be thrilled with either him or D-Lamb @ #35.

Bowser

2JXGX.gif

Let's not pretend like there is a method to what David Kahn does.

Syracuse believes in his methods, Waiters is counting down the days until he becomes a Timberwolf.

edit: and Bowser you know you're ready for the Drummond future, if we figure out he won't ever develop we'll hide his flaws and pawn him off to the Wizards.

etiolate

Banned
So Barnes cancelled his workout with the Kings and Robinson isn't working out with the Kings either. Best Case Scenario: MKG falls to Kings.

Syracuse believes in his methods, Waiters is counting down the days until he becomes a Timberwolf.

edit: and Bowser you know you're ready for the Drummond future, if we figure out he won't ever develop we'll hide his flaws and pawn him off to the Wizards.

Hiding his flaws would involve never passing him the ball which could hurt his trade value a bit.

SamuraiX-

So Barnes cancelled his workout with the Kings and Robinson isn't working out with the Kings either. Best Case Scenario: MKG falls to Kings.

We haven't worked out a single guy projected to go Top 5 on any board. Kings will probably end up taking Barnes regardless because he'll give us the "offensive versatility" and "perimeter defensive prowess" we've been seeking.

etiolate

Banned
We haven't worked out a single guy projected to go Top 5 on any board. Kings will probably end up taking Barnes regardless because he'll give us the "offensive versatility" and "perimeter defensive prowess" we've been seeking.

Yeah, the team could just be marked as a destination nobody wants. Though it would be odd for Petrie to draft someone they didn't work out. With him, it's just as possible they overreach and draft someone who would have fallen to the 14th spot.

SamuraiX-

Yeah, the team could just be marked as a destination nobody wants. Though it would be odd for Petrie to draft someone they didn't work out. With him, it's just as possible they overreach and draft someone who would have fallen to the 14th spot.

Terrence Jones future.

UeAwg.gif

The Kings could be looking to trade the pick too.

They really don't need any more young dudes.

Get some vets.

They really need a SF.

hmmmmmm...

I can't wait until we stay put and take Zeller because he's tall and stuff. 7th seed here we come

scorcho

testicles on a cold fall morning
Poor Lin.

damn. i was looking forward him rushing into the paint, bumping into someone and turning the ball over. again. and again. and again. this team will forever be a clusterfuck so long as Dolan pays the bills.

<- owns 1 hipsterific linsanity shirt.

KingJ2002

looks like sessions might be staying in LA after all.

http://hoopfocus.com/2012/06/20/los-angeles-lakers-ramon-sessions-working-on-long-term-deal/

@LAIreland: I&#8217;ve been told that the &#8234;#Lakers&#8236; are working on a long-term deal with Ramon Sessions (via @ESPNLA710)

if this goes down.. it gels with what jim buss has been saying... the lakers might go into the next season with minor changes.

and as far as D-Will is concerned

here's what Chris Broussard says:

"If Deron is set on leaving, the Nets will explore sign-and-trade possibilities with the Lakers (Andrew Bynum) and Knicks (Carmelo Anthony). They&#8217;ll then make a run at Steve Nash, says Broussard."

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/stor...ts-mavericks-leaders-race-sign-deron-williams

i doubt they'll get bynum... but a gasol / nash duo would be great to watch imo

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
AWoj said:
The Orlando Magic are in advanced talks with Oklahoma City assistant GM Rob Hennigan to make him franchise's new GM, league sources tell Y!

Could the Kings afford Iguodala? A Tyreke/5 for Iguodala/Turner swap would help both teams I think.

Collins and Reke?

yes.

To see who would kill the other first (or rather in Reke's case see who would drive the killer to Collins) first, would be awesome.

Bring me my trainwreck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom