• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT|They said I could become anything so I became multiple sources

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingGondo

Banned
Not that I would trade Harden and Ibaka for him, but I wonder if Dwight would even consent to a trade to OKC, even if it means playing with Durant and Westbrook.

charsace

Perry Jones going from a top ten pick to a possible second-rounder should remind everyone again that athletic big men do not actually rise in the draft combine process just due to their athleticism despite what every draft pundit says. Players rise because of good interviews or when they're considered unathletic and have incredible combine results or when they were under the radar in the college season and scouts need to trick themselves into believing that someone in their range can be a star.

Perry Jones is falling because he's soft, thinks he's a 3 when he doesn't have the skill for it and because he's just the worst type of tweener. I said before that people overrated him because he looks like a player in open gym shoot arounds. His stock would be going up if he went into this whole process wanting to play the 4.

I've heard from SOURCEZ that the Dwight to Brooklyn dream is pretty much dead after they lost their lotto pick (lulz Billy King), he's now waiting to see the plan that Hennigan + the new coach have for him before making any decision.

Not that I would trade Harden and Ibaka for him, but I wonder if Dwight would even consent to a trade to OKC, even if it means playing with Durant and Westbrook.

lawl at you thinking Harden + Ibaka aren't worth Dwight considering having him on the roster without giving up YNB or Durant would actually make that stupid 5 rings proclamation of yours a possible reality.

KingGondo

Banned
Would you take it Gondo? Assume the Thunder lose tonight.

Assume they win.
Even though I love both Harden and Ibaka and dislike Dwight, I'd lean toward saying yes.

Then again, if OKC chips with the current roster I see no reason to shake things up.

Red Blaster said:
lawl at you thinking Harden + Ibaka aren't worth Dwight considering having him on the roster without giving up YNB or Durant would actually make that stupid 5 rings proclamation of yours a possible reality.
I think Harden and Ibaka are worth Dwight, but I don't know that Presti does. Harden is especially hard to part with--having a top 5 SG coming off your bench who can also handle the ball and distribute is a huge luxury and advantage over most teams.

benjipwns

Banned
Even though I love both Harden and Ibaka and dislike Dwight, I'd lean toward saying yes.

Then again, if OKC chips with the current roster I see no reason to shake things up.
Pretty much what I'd say.

Though I do have an inherent fear of overpaying players for too long.

Knicks-gaf...Scott Machado future.
no...
• Quincy Acy, F, 6-7, 235, Baylor, Senior
• Kim English, G, 6-6, 200, Missouri, Senior
• Chris Johnson, F, 6-6, 201, Dayton, Senior
• Greg Mangano, F, 6-10, 240, Yale, Senior
• Tony Mitchell, F, 6-6, 220, Alabama, Junior
• Hollis Thompson, F, 6-8, 212, Georgetown, Junior
YES!

I think Harden and Ibaka are worth Dwight, but I don't know that Presti does. Harden is especially hard to part with--having a top 5 SG coming off your bench who can also handle the ball and distribute is a huge luxury and advantage over most teams.

It's basically Harden for Dwight, right? I was under the impression Ibaka will walk after this season. Can't possibly pay both him and Harden with Westbrook and Durant's contracts, right? Harden will be due some money.

Also have any of you heard of Elaine Alden? Some supermodel that apparently Landry Fields is dating.

landryfiels-alden.png

Id have to agree. But who gives a fuck really?
You really need to research these picks, this isn't a giveup draft year. Knicks can legit get a good bench player where they are, this draft is deep.

KingGondo

Banned
It's basically Harden for Dwight, right? I was under the impression Ibaka will walk after this season. Can't possibly pay both him and Harden with Westbrook and Durant's contracts, right? Harden will be due some money.
I think it's possible to keep them both, but flipping both for a third superstar would solve our conundrum.

It would have to be for a big, and the only bigs that are remotely worth that kind of value are Dwight and maybe, maybe Bynum. But fuck Bynum.

KingGondo

Banned
It would be that rare modern NBA trade that makes sense for both teams involved--Thunder solve their financial problems and get better inside and defensively, and the Magic get two promising young potential stars to rebuild with.

Might even allow us the financial flexibility to keep Maynor since we'd be paying one star instead of two.

Damn though, I just dislike Dwight so much.

YNB - Maynor
Sefolosha - Reggie Jackson
Durant - whoever
Collison - drafted/traded for PF (maybe Big Baby?)
Dwight - Perk

Yeah, that would win a chip.

Also have any of you heard of Elaine Alden? Some supermodel that apparently Landry Fields is dating.

landryfiels-alden.png

You really need to research these picks, this isn't a giveup draft year. Knicks can legit get a good bench player where they are, this draft is deep.

Those stupid fucking glasses.. I want to burn them with a lighter

KingGondo

Banned
I think you have to take back Turk and that's not entirely all that bad. For other teams yes, but as a sixth man?
If we're giving you Harden and Ibaka, fuck taking Turkoglu.

Ryan Anderson is the only other guy I even want, Big Baby is probably overpaid slightly but I'd take him too to help our depth at PF.

benjipwns

Banned
If we're giving you Harden and Ibaka, fuck taking Turkoglu.

Ryan Anderson is the only other guy I even want, Big Baby is probably overpaid slightly but I'd take him too to help our depth at PF.
Sorry, you can't do the deal without taking Turk really. It's why Dwight is stuck, Orlando isn't going to just give him up.

I was mostly exploring the hypothetical though. Hedo's not the worst guy to get stuck with.

If you want Dwight that is.

I think it's possible to keep them both, but flipping both for a third superstar would solve our conundrum.

It would have to be for a big, and the only bigs that are remotely worth that kind of value are Dwight and maybe, maybe Bynum. But fuck Bynum.

Interesting, I never looked at the Thunder's cap myself. I just have heard in many places they can't keep both.

KingGondo

Banned
Interesting, I never looked at the Thunder's cap myself. I just have heard in many places they can't keep both.
Bennett has said they're willing to pay the luxury tax to keep the team together, but who knows if that's true or not.

benjipwns said:
Sorry, you can't do the deal without taking Turk really. It's why Dwight is stuck, Orlando isn't going to just give him up.

I was mostly exploring the hypothetical though. Hedo's not the worst guy to get stuck with.

If you want Dwight that is.
I can't imagine Presti taking on a contract as terrible as Hedo's. One of the worst contracts in the league.

benjipwns

Banned
I think just because I take Dwight and Hedo and try to fill in the gaps around those two plus Perkins-Sefo-Durant-Westbrook.

But then I'm not trying to avoid the luxury tax and shit. And it's not my money lol.

That's mostly why I consider it a "tough question."

Smokey

Dragic wants to return to Houston, also wants to be a starting PG.

YOU CAN'T HAVE BOTH! Unless Morey wants to unload Lowry, who doesn't like McHale. Dragic called McHale, a great coach and a great guy. Seems to be sending messages to the FO.

Lowry will be gone.

You can't have a starting PG who literally does does not want to play for the head coach and has come out and publicly said so. They should be able to get something back for him. Wouldn't surprise me AT ALL if he ends up in LA and I get that puss Gasol back.

That is a doomsday scenario for me.

Smokey

3vxkj.png

Who says no? You immediately get rid of Lowry's contract and the sure-to-come internal conflict he will soon bring upon the organization for the low price of a slightly used, expiring Reke!

Fucks not included.

Reke would take Martin's spot so that means I'd DO IT

I do have a feeling that I am going to end up with Gasol on this squad tho...

God I want Dragic back. Let Nash go get a ring and rebuild this organization the correct way. Alas, I have no hope for a rebuild with this regime. Even if they chose to do it, I don't have the confidence that they would make the right deals/picks.

Lowry will be gone.

You can't have a starting PG who literally does does not want to play for the head coach and has come out and publicly said so. They should be able to get something back for him. Wouldn't surprise me AT ALL if he ends up in LA and I get that puss Gasol back.

That is a doomsday scenario for me.

You just gave me an amazing idea.

Okafor/Lowry to the Lakeshow
Kevin Martin to the Wiz
Gasol to the Rockets

WHO SAYS NO?!

Smokey

You just gave me an amazing idea.

Okafor/Lowry to the Lakeshow
Kevin Martin to the Wiz
Gasol to the Rockets

WHO SAYS NO?!

Morey wouldn't

Dragic
Lee
Parsons
Pau
D. HOWARD

Assuming scola gets shipped out if pau gets here...i'm pretty sure morey would pull the trigger just so he GETS HIS BIG NAME PLAYER YALL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom