• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT|They said I could become anything so I became multiple sources

Status
Not open for further replies.

DCX

DCX
JR Smith is not worth more than $2.5

He is. He liked NY. He chose NY. He aint gonna play for 2.5 though, so he will get a raise. He played well. YNB like at times, but he actually played decent on D and when he was on, it was a thing to see.

DCX

giri

yeah i thought so. spo did make his shot better but his arc is still flat. hopefully that gets better

His hot DID get better, it just still wasn't that great.

If with a real off season Wade can get a real jumper, and LBJ a real post game, they increase the odds to repeat greatly.

I really hate this league sometimes.
Once he found out flopping might start to lose him cash he was like "Fuck I need to learn a jumper."
He is. He liked NY. He chose NY. He aint gonna play for 2.5 though, so he will get a raise. He played well. YNB like at times, but he actually played decent on D and when he was on, it was a thing to see.

DCX
Neo-Starks needs to work on his broken handle. I mean goddamn, Al Harrington is a better ballhandler than he is.

Smokey

if Houston gets Dwight is there anyway way they can sign Nash too?

anyway, I never thought Nash to LA was a possibility. Miami less so now that they won a ring. He doesn't seem like he just wants to Mitch Richmond his way to a title. In Miami with how Bron and Wade dominate the ball. I think even if it means not going to a contender, he'd rather sign with a team where he can have a greater say on the offense and how it's run, and sort of run the show. I still say he goes to Portland. They can use a d raft pick on a young PG to eventually learn from and replace him.

It's wishful thinking even getting Howard but if that were to happen Howard would be gone after the season. Then Nash would be stuck on a lottery team all over again.

John Henson apparently has been killing it in workouts, liked him a lot all year (thought he improved his quickness and strength a lot in college), probably going top 9 now...

Talon

I don't see it with Henson because I expect he'll be a bit of a offensive black hole once he plays with guys his size that are much stronger.

Don't think Zeller will be anything more than a worse Spencer Hawes either.

Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe I'm just a salty UNC fan.

SamuraiX-

Jonathan Givony ‏@DraftExpress
The NBA goes to great lengths to avoid a player sitting in the Green Room well into the 20s, and tend to err on the side of caution here.
Still waiting on Green Room Invites/Not Invited: Marshall, Sullinger, Ross, Harkless, Moultrie, Perry Jones, Terrence Jones, everyone else.
Terrence Ross gets 14th Green Room invite w/Davis, T-Rob, Beal, MKG, Barnes, Lillard, Waiters, Rivers, Drummond, Lamb, Henson Zeller Leonard

Pretty hilarious how far out of the Top 10 the NBA believes guys like Sullinger, Terrence Jones, and PJIII have fallen.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I don't see it with Henson because I expect he'll be a bit of a offensive black hole once he plays with guys his size that are much stronger.

Don't think Zeller will be anything more than a worse Spencer Hawes either.

Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe I'm just a salty UNC fan.

I think Henson wouldn't have been getting nearly as much if Roy Williams was out out the picture. Roy is in love with bigs for no reason...

And Rivers moved all the way up to 8 in DX's mock.

I think is going to have a pretty big range. If the Raptors, Hornets, and Suns pass, then he could drop to 18 or 20.

And I am the only one who thinks the Rivers-Mayo comparison is super lazy? Rivers' handle is much better and his defense and shooting are much worse.

Canuck76

Banned
Neil Oshley interview

Ready for Thursday's Draft?

"We're just going to second-guess ourselves about 50 times between now and Thursday night. Yell and scream in the Draft room and then be convinced at about 4:45 that we absolutely made the two right picks and everybody else can tell us we made the two wrong picks."

I'm so with this guy. I feel like there's just no clear option. In the last week i've fallen in love with Lillard. Kids a warrior and would immediately help us. For his 21st he went to the frigging boys and girls club and hung out there. I see some shades of Roy in him in terms of how much he cares and how hard he'll play.

But if Drumm turns into a great or even good C.....

Ahhh! I can't wait any longer!

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
DX now has Royce White to the Wolves. This comes on the heels of me reading this from David Aldridge this morning.

If that's true, Minnesota, at 18, would be a likely destination for White, unless you actually think the Wolves are really committed to Michael Beasley long-term. White played for Fred Hoiberg, the Wolves' former player and assistant GM who is now the coach at Iowa State. Plus, White was born and raised in Minneapolis and originally signed with the University of Minnesota but never played a game there. He can flat-out play, and is potentially another talented big to pair with All-Star Kevin Love and Derrick Williams.

This makes no sense.

So I'm convinced that this is going to happen.

Jonm1010

Banned
I know I have no room to complain because we got the top pick but I am really at a loss for what the hornets should do at ten.

Rumors have us liking Lillard(who I'd like but won't be there), rivers, waiters, zeller. Zeller im not sold on and grabbing someone at the position of our best player bothers me when I don't think we will be picking this high if we remain healthy next year so we need to get these two picks absolutely right.

SamuraiX-

Amar'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''e's like a self-aware YNB when it comes to giving a fuck.

I know I have no room to complain because we got the top pick but I am really at a loss for what the hornets should do at ten.

Rumors have us liking Lillard(who I'd like but won't be there), rivers, waiters, zeller. Zeller im not sold on and grabbing someone at the position of our best player bothers me when I don't think we will be picking this high if we remain healthy next year so we need to get these two picks absolutely right.

If I were the Hornets, I would honestly gamble on Drummond or Leonard - some future potential defensive big who could complement Davis.

This is all assuming you guys keep Eric Gordon, of course.

Canuck76

Banned

Yeah. I think Kendall wouldn't be a terrible choice. You got Jack and Vasquez there so he can sit and get better, and see how he develops. Jack's playing well right now, but in a Andre Miller sort of way, where you know you need younger guys eventually.

I don't think Vasquez is going to be a great starter either.

pilonv1

Coach Cal is up to some tricks

Ethan Strauss ‏@SherwoodStrauss
So Calipari is coaching a national team just so he can recruit ONE kid a few years from now. You can't outgame Cal

Crafty Cal RT @FredKatz Best part of the scheme is he can coach Karl Towns, who he otherwise couldn't talk to bc it's a recruiting violation

Scheme that no one is unpacking: Why the hell is Calipari coaching the Dominican national team?

espnhs_karl_towns_jr_al_horford_300x300.jpg

That kid in the 8th grade, is 15 and 6'11.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dyW9S0gDesc

giri

Pretty sure his stated goal is to join competitive teams.

If he didn't want to play for teams that he came up against a lot during the suns best years, in the play offs and regular season rivalries of that era it would only exclude

Lakers
Mavs
Spurs

I don't think there were any true rivalries with Houston, Utah, Denver or Portland.

It really doesn't limit him that much.

What limits him more is that he wants to be a part of the team, and not the 10th man.

SamuraiX-

I don't see the hype with Lillard. Kid played in a sub-par conference against joke competition and only started to show any kind of promise in terms of production in his senior season.

Senior year: 34.5 MPG, 24.5 PPG, 46.7% FG (15.5 FGA), 40.9% 3PT (7.2 3PA), 5.0 REB, 4.0 AST
First 3 years: 30.7 MPG, 16.4 PPG, 43.4% FG (11.3 FGA), 37.1% 3PT (5.5 3PA), 3.9 REB, 3.3 AST

Besides all that, why do people still value pure scoring PGs so much to the point where you take them Top 10?

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I don't see the hype with Lillard. Kid played in a sub-par conference against joke competition and only started to show any kind of promise in terms of production in his senior season.

Senior year: 34.5 MPG, 24.5 PPG, 46.7% FG (15.5 FGA), 40.9% 3PT (7.2 3PA), 5.0 REB, 4.0 AST
First 3 years: 30.7 MPG, 16.4 PPG, 43.4% FG (11.3 FGA), 37.1% 3PT (5.5 3PA), 3.9 REB, 3.3 AST

Besides all that, why do people still value pure scoring PGs so much to the point where you take them Top 10?
You seen him play?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom