• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT|They said I could become anything so I became multiple sources

Status
Not open for further replies.

pilonv1

I'm sorry, what? Monroe doesn't play any defense? Did I miss something?

http://www.82games.com/1112/11DET14.HTM

Almost every defensive stat is increased when Monroe is off the floor. Gives up an average of 20.5 per game at a ridiculous %. Part of that is the rest of the team is so bad defensively.

Compare with Ben Wallace's defensive numbers on the same team

http://www.82games.com/1112/11DET13.HTM

Yeah, Monroe's one of the worst defenders in the NBA right now.

The emergence of Udoh this season made me feel a bit better about that draft. I think at one point he was the only Warrior with a positive +/-. I remember games where he'd have double figure +/- with a few rebounds and no points.

diehard

Fleer
The emergence of Udoh this season made me feel a bit better about that draft. I think at one point he was the only Warrior with a positive +/-. I remember games where he'd have double figure +/- with a few rebounds and no points.

bro you coulda had G-TIME

MKG or Drummond drops I think. MKG could go 2nd or 5th. Drummond could go from 5th to 9th. Sullinger is going to drop into the late teens because of the injury red flag.

That sucks for Sullinger. If he came out last year he would have been a definite top 10 pick.

But why is Drummond dropping? NBA GMs love drafting guys with "high potential" in the top 5.

Yeah, Monroe is the worst defender in the NBA right now.

Fixed.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
MKG or Drummond drops I think. MKG could go 2nd or 5th. Drummond could go from 5th to 9th. Sullinger is going to drop into the late teens because of the injury red flag.

yeah I can see this.. anyone hoping for either past the 10th will be a sad loserbro on Friday

Jonm1010

Banned
yeah I can see this.. anyone hoping for either past the 10th will be a sad loserbro on Friday

Eh, if Drummond fell to ten I don't think Demps drafts him based on recent news stories here.

Though as others pointed out to me it seems unlikely he gets past detroit

Blackace

Eh, if Drummond fell to ten I don't think Demps drafts him based on recent news stories here.

Though as others pointed out to me it seems unlikely he gets past detroit
I think he goes to Sac Town... Or to the Raps who have not had a solid big man on D since Camby...

But if he fell to 10 NOLA could have one draft where they created a twin towers to be feared for years...Don't see how you pass that up

Golden State should take a serious look at Drummond as well, because face it Bogut is not going to make it through the entire season without getting hurt. After that both Toronto and Detroit need a defensive big, there's no way I see him making it past the 9th pick.

Also, Detroit needs to take Henson. Other than Davis he's the best defensive big in the draft.

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2012/...s-in-houston-if-traded-there/?ls=iref:nbahpt2

One league source said the Rockets hoped to make deals for the additional Draft picks using existing players, so they would have as many as four first-rounders they could put in a package to Orlando for Howard. One potential deal, according to a league source, would send Martin to Minnesota — presumably for the Wolves’ 18th pick in the first round — where Martin would play for former Rockets coach Rick Adelman; Martin had success playing for Adelman during their years together in Houston. But rumors of a Martin-Adelman reunion in Minnesota have been thrown around for months.

Whatever. Just don't give up Williams.

benjipwns

Banned
pTzcz.jpg

The three will share the same cover. There will not be three different covers, as there was for NBA 2K12.

bro you coulda had G-TIME
http://i.imgur.com/ISKzZ.jpg

I hate when people are misquoted out of context, so here's the full quote about Drummond from Lamb:

Jeremy Lamb said:
It depends on if he wants to work. He's a great athlete. He can jump. He can block shots. He can rebound. I always say, it's funny, we will have an early practice at like 8 AM, and everyone is trying to get warmed up and stuff. He'll just come out and do a windmill to warm up. His bounce is amazing. I believe he's going to work hard, develop post moves, I think he can be a great pro.

Blackace

I hate when people are misquoted out of context, so here's the full quote about Drummond from Lamb.
Doesn't really change the fact that he felt to mention there is a chance that someone of his talent might not work hard...

Doesn't really change the fact that he felt to mention there is a chance that someone of his talent might not work hard...

Most people if put into a bad situation would fail to work as hard as they could, and UConn basketball was definitely in a bad situation last year. If you want proof look at Alex Oriakhi. His stats took a big dip from the championship season to this past season. It really is rediculous that so much blame is being directed at Drummond for what he did at UConn last year when the entire program was in disarray. It affected Oriakhi enough that he decided to transfer. Doesn't that set off red flags that not all was well with UConn basketball last year?

Edit: Also, this is off-topic, but the situation that Drummond was in is akin to what a lot of unemployed people go through. HR people are usually too lazy to put any real critical thought or analysis into how situations and unfortunate events affect people. They assume that just because they are unemployed it means they are lazy or not valuable. It's retarded BS. If you are put into the right situation and have the right people around you anyone can succeed. The businesses and organizations that understand this are the ones that succeed the most.

Blackace

Most people if put into a bad situation would fail to work as hard as they could, and UConn basketball was definitely in a bad situation last year. If you want proof look at Alex Oriakhi. His stats took a big dip from the championship season to this past season. It really is rediculous that so much blame is being directed at Drummond for what he did at UConn last year when the entire program was in disarray. It affected Oriakhi enough that he decided to transfer. Doesn't that set off red flags that not all was well with UConn basketball last year?

If he can't see that busting his ass for ONE year behooves him and his future.... Doesn't that set off red flags about him?

Blackace

Edit: Also, this is off-topic, but the situation that Drummond was in is akin to what a lot of unemployed people go through. HR people are usually too lazy to put any real critical thought or analysis into how situations and unfortunate events affect people. They assume that just because they are unemployed it means they are lazy or not valuable. It's retarded BS. If you are put into the right situation and have the right people around you anyone can succeed. The businesses and organizations that understand this are the ones that succeed the most.

It is not akin to anything that unemployed people go through... He is getting millions of dollars regardless that people believe he has bad work ethic.. Not similar to unemployed people not getting a good chance at life....

If he can't see that busting his ass for ONE year behooves him and his future.... Doesn't that set off red flags about him?

If he wasn't an immature 18 year old I'd say yes, but if you listen to his interviews it's pretty obvious that he is still a naive kid. If he was a little more grown up he would have been able to fight through the adversity he faced at UConn, he wasn't, but that doesn't mean he'll never be able to. It just means that he has some growing up left to do.

Blackace

If he wasn't an immature 18 year old I'd say yes, but if you listen to his interviews it's pretty obvious that he is still a naive kid. If he was a little more grown up he would have been able to fight through the adversity he faced at UConn, he wasn't, but that doesn't mean he'll never be able to. It just means that he has some growing up left to do.

Well paying someone to grow up isn't really good for business....

It is not akin to anything that unemployed people go through... He is getting millions of dollars regardless that people believe he has bad work ethic.. Not similar to unemployed people not getting a good chance at life....

You'r right the situation isn't really the same, the point I was trying to make though was that the evaluational thought process is the same.

Well paying someone to grow up isn't really good for business....

Maybe that's why the NBA instituted the 1 year out of HS rule.

Blackace

You'r right the situation isn't really the same, the point I was trying to make though was that the evaluational thought process is the same.

Maybe that's why the NBA instituted the 1 year out of HS rule.

The thought process isn't the same... No matter how you spin it, Stretch it or Fiddle with it...

Well one year isn't enough a lot of times and but at least most kids understand that they are given a chance that many would die for in being a lottery pick...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom