• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT|They said I could become anything so I became multiple sources

Status
Not open for further replies.

rinse82

Kaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhnnnnnnnn!

Seriously though, I wonder what Ed Davis could fetch if the 18th pick was had for Chase Budinger.

Too bad Kahn doesn't have any more picks to deal, neither does Billy King.

If Howard goes to the West, the talent level in the east is going to be even more laughable than it already is. We might as well go ahead and slot the Heat in as the eastern conference champions for the 2012-13 season.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
If Howard goes to the West, the talent level in the east is going to be even more laughable than it already is. We might as well go ahead and slot the Heat in as the eastern conference champions for the 2012-13 season.
Howard played a huge factor in this years playoffs.. Oh..

charsace

So I like this. The Wolves could have done a lot worse. Budinger will come in and start and immediately be better than Ellington, or Webster, or Beasley, or...

He's our best 2 since like Trenton Hassel.

ErHoT.gif

Justify that Kahn swag!

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
nods head

Also, what's up with Houston's love of the Center position? Is it an Olajuwon thing?

It isn't a love for the Center position. The own loves big names. He would rather get one big name instead of rebuilding with a some good pieces. He has a name-fetish almost.

KingKong

Please the Rockets would just be Magic 1.5. They're gonna have a tough time beating OKC, Lakers, Spurs

You really think they'll have a tough time beating the Lakers? OKC I agree with but any team with Dwight is a contender (just look at the garbage he dragged to the Finals and ECF in 09 and 10)

KingGondo

Banned
nods head

Also, what's up with Houston's love of the Center position? Is it an Olajuwon thing?
I don't understand what you're talking about.

1) Every team in the league would like a talent like Dwight on their team

2) They lucked out when they drafted Yao, it's not like they had a hard-on for him because he was a C. He was definitely the best prospect in that draft.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
nods head

Everyone loves the center position.. But Houston has had three great ones over the last 30 years in Ralph, Dream and Yao...

I think he goes to Sac Town... Or to the Raps who have not had a solid big man on D since Camby...

But if he fell to 10 NOLA could have one draft where they created a twin towers to be feared for years...Don't see how you pass that up

Raptors aren't going to take him since they just got Jonas Valanciunas (who does most of the things Drummond does defensively but with better rebounding and much better offense)

Smokey

You really think they'll have a tough time beating the Lakers? OKC I agree with but any team with Dwight is a contender (just look at the garbage he dragged to the Finals and ECF in 09 and 10)

Rockets always give Lakers a hard time..even when we had Chuck Hayes at C. Now add Howard to that... But either way they still wouldnt' be going any where, it would just be an entertaining season at the least.

KingGondo

Banned
Speaking of Yao, it's really too bad that he couldn't stay healthy.

What a great, unique player.

On another related note, I was in line at a Houston Best Buy circa 2004. I turned around, and Yao was three people behind me.

Holy Jesus he is tall.

It isn't a love for the Center position. The own loves big names. He would rather get one big name instead of rebuilding with a some good pieces. He has a name-fetish almost.

Well, the Rockets have been off the radar for a while so I can understand why he would want to bring in someone with name recognition. It's a huge upgrade over Martin, that's for sure.

Smokey

I don't understand what you're talking about.

1) Every team in the league would like a talent like Dwight on their team

2) They lucked out when they drafted Yao, it's not like they had a hard-on for him because he was a C. He was definitely the best prospect in that draft.

If you get a dominant big you don't necessarily become a contender, but you at least become a dangerous team. When Rockets had Yao they won 50+ games for 4 seasons in a row...since he went down it's been 3 straight lotteries...

Yao was rocking Howard back then too. Good times :(

Kwhit10

Morey is trying to get all these picks so he can trade for Dwight.

If that happens look for him to then push whatever he has left (scola/martin/lowry) to LAL for Gasol.

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
It's awesome that I don't have to watch the draft now. Thank you for not waiting until Thursday night to move the pick for a mediocre vet, Wolves.

Sources say Houston has an offer of Lowry, the #14 and #16 picks for Tyreke Evans and the #5 pick on the table. Up to Sacramento to decide.

That would not be a very good trade for the Rockets.

Unless the Magic or a team with a top 10 pick actually wants Reke that is.

Bowser

Isn't Reke on the last year of his contract as well? Maybe Houston tries #5, #18 and Reke for Howard and Turkeyglue? (Would that that trade even work?)

SamuraiX-

I'm kinda scared of who the Kings would take with #14 and #16...

On one hand, this might be the best return we could get for Reke.
On the other... I'm okay with just letting Reke walk if we can get MKG @ #5.

charsace

If you get a dominant big you don't necessarily become a contender, but you at least become a dangerous team. When Rockets had Yao they won 50+ games for 4 seasons in a row...since he went down it's been 3 straight lotteries...

Yao was rocking Howard back then too. Good times :(

I thought Yao was better than Howard. The problem is that he was never healthy.

SamuraiX-

The only issue with that trade for the Kings is that I don't think Isaiah Thomas and Lowry can play together.

Isiah would naturally be coming off the bench. In an ideal situation, hopefully Lowry can mentor him and everyone can get along. :-/

Kidd-Gilchrist, Beal, Barnes & Robinson declined to work out for Kings (5th pick). “I guess guys don’t want to go there," an NBA exec said.

Fuck all ya'll then!

But congrats to WolvesAge. Chase Budinger is probably way better than anything else you could've gotten @ #18.

It's awesome that I don't have to watch the draft now. Thank you for not waiting until Thursday night to move the pick for a mediocre vet, Wolves.

Mhm, we got a decent player who is actually of NBA caliber and stopped ourselves from doing a rushed trade or drafting some obnoxious reach (from Syracuse? lol) that doesn't belong in the NBA.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Mhm, we got a decent player who is actually of NBA caliber and stopped ourselves from doing a rushed trade or drafting some obnoxious reach (from Syracuse? lol) that doesn't belong in the NBA.

Yeah it's a good deal for the Wolves. Budinger shot 48.5% from corner 3's last season. Wolvers shot 36.1% overall as a team on those last season. Wes Johnson shot 28.3% on those. For the 18th pick they got pretty good value.

So...

Rubio
Ridnour
Budinger
Love
Pekovic

If I didn't know any better I'd probably think this team was a DII college team after watching them on tv.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom