• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT|They said I could become anything so I became multiple sources

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevtones

Ross has poor shot selection... Hopefully he will get humbled a bit by NBA.

Sullinger is a 15th pick after type of guy..

I'd take Zeller over him..which is something the Blazers might do..

Ross was good but never came off as great as a Husky. However, I thought he played the best against the best which is a good sign.

It's crazy because I remember Sullinger being talked about as a potential #1 if he had come out last year. All the guy did is lead his team to the championship game... I get the red flags but if his health remains intact, lookout.

SamuraiX-

So, ideally, what would Houston package in a deal for Dwight?

#14, #16, #18
Luis Scola?
Kyle Lowry?
Kevin Martin?

I imagine Orlando will demand one of their young talents like Morris, Parsons, or Patterson.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
I really don't get how 14, 16, 18 is appealing at all. Wizard would have to manage to flip assets around into 2 top 10 picks to even get a conversation going I'd guess.

SamuraiX-

It better not be. Tyreke and the 5th pick for Lowry and 2 middle picks? Fuck that.

You know we need Reke gone and Lowry would've probably been the best thing we could've gotten for him. I'm not convinced this team will just let him walk instead of paying him some insulting sum of money even after he has another sub-par season this year.

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
So...

Rubio
Ridnour
Budinger
Love
Pekovic

If I didn't know any better I'd probably think this team was a DII college team after watching them on tv.

I'd really hope we're not the position of playing Ridnour at SG for another year.

But with a real 2 and Derrick Williams as 6th man, sure, I like it.

You know we need Reke gone and Lowry would've probably been the best thing we could've gotten for him. I'm not convinced this team will just let him walk instead of paying him some insulting sum of money even after he has another sub-par season this year.

I didn't realize that the organization has lost a lot of trust in the idea that Tyreke can be an all-star type player but judging by this past season, DMC is closer to being an actual all star than Reke.

SamuraiX-

David Aldridge ‏@daldridgetnt
Told there is no way that Kings would do purported offer of Lowry/14/16 for Evans and five if it was even actually offered.

Oh, DA. You really need to stfu about things you don't understand.

And I'm pretty disappointed in guys like MKG and T-Rob. I expected a little more professionalism from those two.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Just what I was about to say lol

Is Budinger's D good? I wonder if Kahn is just clearing cap or something

Honestly this really doesn't seem like a Kahn move at all. Seems way too smart for that to be the case.

From 1985 to 2009 there have been a whopping 32% of the picks at number 18 who didn't make it to 3 years in the league. This is Chase's 4th year.

It's like trading a ridiculously small chance at upside for an already pretty decent NBA player. Which is something they haven't had whenever Wes Johnson has been on the court.

You can't just dismiss health in a debate between two players when one of them has almost never gotten injured and the other missed 27 or more games a season for most of his prime.

edit: Is there still that much hype around Reke? He was the 4th best player on a 22-44 team...

Just what I was about to say lol

Is Budinger's D good? I wonder if Kahn is just clearing cap or something

I've read that Budinger is good enough on defense with good length and leaping ability, but that he also tends to lay off of opponents and doesn't guard with as much aggression as other players. Also, he struggles to keep up with the faster wings that he guards.

Smokey

I've read that Budinger is good enough on defense with good length and leaping ability, but that he also tends to lay off of opponents and doesn't guard with as much aggression as other players. Also, he struggles to keep up with the faster wings that he guards.

He's pretty weak in the defensive department. Streaky shooter though.

Smokey

Trade story add: Dwight obviously Rockets' dream target but sources say they'll pursue Atlanta's Josh Smith (and others) if ORL won't budge

Wouldn't be surprised if Smith ends up with the Rockets if the Howard thing doesn't pan out. Morey has liked him for a long time. Although that's not really saying much..

Figured as much. They've wanted him for awhile now.

Rodeo Clown

I like that roster too, especially if you can trade for a better 2 than Ridnour. Who do you think is most likely to be traded?

I don't really know that anybody has that much value aside from Williams, who I definitely don't deal with Beasley gone. I'd guess Barea. Maybe somebody wants the Brad Miller/Martell Webster contracts for salary relief.

I don't really know that anybody has that much value aside from Williams, who I definitely don't deal with Beasley gone. I'd guess Barea. Maybe somebody wants the Brad Miller/Martell Webster contracts for salary relief.

So Beasley is definitely gone then? I guess that takes D Will off the trading block.

charsace

look-at-me-im-j.r.-smith.gif

Twolves should have waited and then signed JR!

Rodeo Clown

So Beasley is definitely gone then? I guess that takes D Will off the trading block.

Yeah, it'll come out soon that the QOs on Beasley and Randolph were not picked up, and, if they can't trade him, Martell Webster will be waived as his deal isn't guaranteed.

Then the Wolves go into free agency with a decent amount of cap space and hope to ink a SG. Somebody like Jamal Crawford or Alexey Shved, probably.

Oozer3993

Probably BS, but too juicy not to post:

@mysportslegion said:
Rumor: Lakers to offer Pau Gasol to the Wizards for the 3rd overall pick if Bradley Beal is taken 2nd overall (by Cavs or Cats)

Apparently they want MKG.

Jarlaxle

So who is the best 2 guard out there in the draft right now other than Beal? I haven't really been following things too much. Is it Lamb, Waiters, or Rivers?

SamuraiX-

Jason Jones ‏@mr_jasonjones
FWIW: Reke has still been working with Geoff Petrie. Emphaisis on midrange, pull up game. I don't think Kings are trying to move Reke.

Give up the dream, Petrie. The guy is a lost cause.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
@ChrisBHaynes said:
Sounds like Victor Claver will leave Valencia Basketball and pay $600,000 buyout to come to #Blazers, according to @EmiliovEscudero.

Yeah, it'll come out soon that the QOs on Beasley and Randolph were not picked up, and, if they can't trade him, Martell Webster will be waived as his deal isn't guaranteed.

Then the Wolves go into free agency with a decent amount of cap space and hope to ink a SG. Somebody like Jamal Crawford or Alexey Shved, probably.

If you're going to be shedding that much in salary you should go after someone better and younger than Crawford. OJ Mayo should be your target, but heck you might as well swing for Gordon too just in case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom