• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT|They said I could become anything so I became multiple sources

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevtones

I don't know if he will be a great great player.. but he seems far more driven than most..

He had a target on him last year. It feels like his ego issues would get quashed quickly in the league due to the nature of the NBA and who is father is. I can see angry Rivers becoming best Rivers.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Shabazz is gonna bust so hard he gets dumars fired?

It would be a good start anyway.

I think Joe is a decent GM.. he blew his load a few years ago with Gordon and Charlie V and had the Darko pick... but did a great job putting together a championship team before that..

I don't think he is GREAT... but better than a lot..

I like this move for both teams..

giri

I think Joe is a decent GM.. he blew his load a few years ago with Gordon and Charlie V and had the Darko pick... but did a great job putting together a championship team before that..

I don't think he is GREAT... but better than a lot..

I like this move for both teams..

Naw, DET lost this trade big time giving up that pick. Until then it was fine.

He had done well, but i think he's lost it and isn't really sure how to get it all back.

I mean, look at their roster. It's almost as much of a mess as the Kings roster. And they don't have a DMC type talent to build around yet. (I like Monroe, but if he's going to be DMC good he has to develop A LOT this year.)

Getting rid of Gordon wasn't a bad move. But they need to start honestly evaluating their talent and making moves to get picks or pieces.

Blackace

2nd round sleepers that will most likely be better than Perry Jones

Tony Wroten - he can score and pretend he is PG a bit as well

Kevin Jones - in the 1980s he would have gone in the top 10

Jared Cunningham - reminds me of Ariza

JaMychal Green - is another throw back player... Reminds me of Weatherspoon

pilonv1

2nd round sleepers that will most likely be better than Perry Jones

Tony Wroten - he can score and pretend he is PG a bit as well

Kevin Jones - in the 1980s he would have gone in the top 10

Jared Cunningham - reminds me of Ariza

JaMychal Green - is another throw back player... Reminds me of Weatherspoon

Love Jones. Also Quincy Acy.

Blackace

Naw, DET lost this trade big time giving up that pick. Until then it was fine.

He had done well, but i think he's lost it and isn't really sure how to get it all back.

I mean, look at their roster. It's almost as much of a mess as the Kings roster. And they don't have a DMC type talent to build around yet. (I like Monroe, but if he's going to be DMC good he has to develop A LOT this year.)

Getting rid of Gordon wasn't a bad move. But they need to start honestly evaluating their talent and making moves to get picks or pieces.

The pick is protected for a few years.. basically if he can't put together in that time he is done anyways..

giri

The pick is protected for a few years.. basically if he can't put together in that time he is done anyways..

Giving up any sort of first round pick isn't getting them to turn it around unless it's for a bonafide allstar.

But thats not why it was a bad pick to give up.

It's because magette wasn't worth giving it up for. Not when he's not even going to be on your team next year. If he's not just bought out this year also. I mean, they have a tone of guys who aren't 3's and aren't 4's already.

Blackace

Giving up any sort of first round pick isn't getting them to turn it around unless it's for a bonafide allstar.

But thats not why it was a bad pick to give up.

It's because magette wasn't worth giving it up for. Not when he's not even going to be on your team next year. If he's not just bought out this year also. I mean, they have a tone of guys who aren't 3's and aren't 4's already.

Mostly to get rid of Gordon and make space for next year..I really think they are tanking for Sahbadazz

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Welcome.

Your My Little Pony backpack and furrie earmuffs are over there.
0BjaT.png

But seriously, welcome. Congrats on getting approved. Just in time to watch the Rockets go into a desperately-needed self-destruct mode.

I... never got this initiation :(

Rockets will get Dwight. I believe in the Wizard. Last year he wanted Gasol and he got him. The only thing standing in his way this year is that pesky commissioner yet again.

Hey guys, long time lurker who also just got approved. Here to claim my lifelong loyalty and allegiance to....the Bobcats. Was a season ticket holder through this past year till I decided to stop paying money to drive myself crazy. I paid over 400 dollars to watch shameball in person. Can't wait now to watch Kemba and Ben Gordon swag us back into a lottery pick for free

Blackace

Hey guys, long time lurker who also just got approved. Here to claim my lifelong loyalty and allegiance to....the Bobcats. Was a season ticket holder through this past year till I decided to stop paying money to drive myself crazy. I paid over 400 dollars to watch shameball in person. Can't wait now to watch Kemba and Ben Gordon swag us back into a lottery pick for free

Must. not. check. IP. to. Dy's. IP....

Blackace

After Dumars last few FA signings i'm not so sure about that.

yeah yeah.. again he made those mistakes so Gordon was coming off some great seasons in Chi to his defense.. no idea why he gave Charlie V that contract...

Blackace

Teams have a salary floor too, so you have to pay someone. You can't sit on $30million cap space for a season.

True, but they aren't which is why getting Corey is good for them..

That's some weak ass Amar'e level shit right there brah.

And the Magic better keep Ryno. I know Hennigan will do the right thing.

Sadly Ryno has no practical trade value as an S&T would require him to not sign any offer sheets. Considering how badly he was exposed in the playoffs he'll fast sign any deal thrown at his worthless ass.

giri

But you have until the deadline to reach the floor. There should be no rush to hand out bad deals just because.

Essentially. It's a horrible deal as soon as they included the pick.

Do the Pistons know what rebuilding means? I mean did they just gave the Bobcats like 4 draft picks.

No, only 1 pick. But with conditions on it.

i.e. if the pistons don't make the play offs next year, the pistons keep the pick.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant

Welcome to the fold.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom