• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT|They said I could become anything so I became multiple sources

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
Hey guys, long time lurker who also just got approved. Here to claim my lifelong loyalty and allegiance to....the Bobcats. Was a season ticket holder through this past year till I decided to stop paying money to drive myself crazy. I paid over 400 dollars to watch shameball in person. Can't wait now to watch Kemba and Ben Gordon swag us back into a lottery pick for free

Just read the news....WTF? Smallest backcourt ever?

DY, how did you live through this season bro?

Sooo many airballs and Tyrus Thomas.

oh wow.

can-t-stop-laughing-o.gif

Vyer

what did he say

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-b...a-magic-johnson-everybody-194908503--nba.html

"Magic was always..." And Drexler goes into a decent Magic impression: "'Come on, Clyde, come on, Clyde, get with me, get with me,' and making all that noise. And, really, he couldn't play much by that time. He couldn't guard his shadow."

"But you have to have to understand what was going on then. Everybody kept waiting for Magic to die. Every time he'd run up the court everybody would feel sorry for the guy, and he'd get all that benefit of the doubt. Magic came across like, 'All this is my stuff.' Really? Get outta here, dude. He was on the declining end of his career."

Drexler had played exquisitely in the 1992 All-Star Game in Orlando, although the MVP award eventually went to Magic, who had been added by Commissioner Stern as a special thirteenth player to the Western Conference roster. "If we all knew Magic was going to live this long, I would've gotten the MVP of that game, and Magic probably wouldn't have made the Olympic team."

reminds me of his 'clubbing baby seals' comparison

SamuraiX-

"If we all knew Magic was going to live this long, I would've gotten the MVP of that game, and Magic probably wouldn't have made the Olympic team."

holy fucking shit

wtf is wrong with him?

two decades of bitterness and it's still so strong. dayum

cacophony

a legit Rockets insider on Clutchfans said we will be happy Thursday...

fuck why do I always get my hopes up with this team. I should know better by now.

pilonv1

Basically what I was saying here about the salary floor.

Let me make this real simple for you: The Bobcats just purchased a first-round draft pick with money they had to spend anyway.

The headlines will say that Ben Gordon was traded for Corey Maggette, but pay no mind; they're just contracts in this deal. They're not bad players necessarily, but they're roughly equivalent talents with oversized contracts on teams going nowhere.

The real action is comes through the draft pick and the money changing hands. Charlotte now has a potential lottery pick in 2014 or 2015, and the cost is the difference in salary (about $14 million). Normally that would be an excessive price to pay, but these aren't normal times. The Bobcats may not hit the league's salary floor in 2013-14, let alone the cap, so the $13.2 million that Gordon adds to their payroll in that season doesn't stand to hurt them much since they needed to add a bunch of salary anyway. In that sense, they really paid far less than $14 million for the draft pick.

From Detroit's perspective, this deal was a no-brainer. The Pistons dump $13.2 million from their 2013-14 payroll, since Maggette's contract expires in 2012-13, retain their amnesty clause to use on Charlie Villanueva (instead of maybe Gordon), and now stand to be as much as $20 million under the cap that summer, depending on what moves they make between now and then.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
a legit Rockets insider on Clutchfans said we will be happy Thursday...

fuck why do I always get my hopes up with this team. I should know better by now.

You saw what Doc Rocket wrote as well lol Honestly I have always loved his riddles. If what he's hinting at is real (he is legit, but it seems surreal)... good lord I will maybe splooge. I better be happy Thursday!

You saw what Doc Rocket wrote as well lol Honestly I have always loved his riddles. If what he's hinting at is real (he is legit, but it seems surreal)... good lord I will maybe splooge. I better be happy Thursday!

At least you guys have ambition and hopes to be crushed.

All I have is "we tried to move up for him, we were surprised he fell to us honestly" after taking yet another role player.

oh boy.

giri

At least you guys have ambition and hopes to be crushed.

All I have is "we tried to move up for him, we were surprised he fell to us honestly" after taking yet another role player.

oh boy.
how many role players ARE there on the 76'ers?

I count about 5 players worth being on an NBA team?

pilonv1

What's he hinting at then?

KingGondo

Banned
Also

Don't know if it was posted but that's fairly shady..
Yeah, I don't see how the Thunder can be punished (although a second round pick is light punishment).

If the organization itself is not at fault, how far does their responsibility extend?

Doubt those doctors will be evaluating any more players for the Thunder.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
What's he hinting at then?

Have fun with his post hah

"If you don't believe everything you hear...
Rely on faith.
And all Will be
super happy -on- Thursday.
One way or the other...right?
On a side note, I wanted Drummond, Moultrie, Lamb, but most of all, I wanted Terrence Ross. Why would I want Ross? It's weird! Oh well... Maybe in another universe, everything can happen differently and I can be happy!

Clutch, I agree, how can Drummond be the target now? Morey ain't gonna have nothing to do with those numbers! Is he?"

how many role players ARE there on the 76'ers?

I count about 5 players worth being on an NBA team?

That's too many for a team without any damn go to option or star.

Turner: Meh he can rebound and occasionally cross dudes over..and then miss the shot.

Jrue: Talented but at best he's a third option.

Iggy: Role Player extraordinaire, can do it all but is too much of a bitch to score. Dead Poor Man's Pippen who is missing a leg and arm.

Thad: Supersub tweener who gets sonned when he doesn't have the speed advantage.

Lavoy: Solid bench big that can defend and hit a jumper....

Vucevic: Nice touch around the rim but is ass on defense.

Lou: Nice 6th man...but will shoot you out of more games than he wins.

Brand is old, and fuck Hawes and lol Meeks.

But yeah.. nothing but solid players.

This team was built backwards...we got the surronding guys before we had a star..

also the Turner pick probably killed us for a few more years too...but not going there.

Rely on faith.
And all Will be
On a side note, I wanted Drummond, Moultrie, Lamb, but most of all, I wanted Terrence Ross. Why would I want Ross? It's weird! Oh well... Maybe in another universe, everything can happen differently and I can be happy!

Clutch, I agree, how can Drummond be the target now? Morey ain't gonna have nothing to do with those numbers! Is he?"

Oh man, don't get my hopes up. I just hope this franchise takes a step in a definite direction on Thursday. Im tired of being the 14th pick.

pilonv1

Rely on faith.
And all Will be

So he's getting excited over Drummond?

Matrix

So he's getting excited over Drummond?

You have to look deeper into the first parts of his post and he's just using that to say we won't be drafting.

As someone on the clutch forums pointed out...

"So, placing all draftees in the past tense, "I wanted this guy, that guy" etc...Doc Rocket is announcing a Big Trade. All major pick acquisitions are going into the big trade. "

Rumor has it that the guy is either connected to Rockets trainer Keith Jones or it's various Rockets insiders sharing one account. Doc Rocket was around before Morey and also predicted we would draft Yao way in advance.

Branduil

http://espn.go.com/dallas/nba/story...gaged-dallas-mavericks-trade-talks-lamar-odom

The Los Angeles Clippers have engaged in trade discussions to bring Lamar Odom back to the L.A. team that drafted him, according to sources close to the situation.

Yet the deal, sources said, could hinge on the willingness of a third team to take on the contract of Clippers veteran guard Mo Williams, which would allow the Dallas Mavericks to send Odom to the Clippers with no significant money coming back to the Mavericks.

Can the Clippers really be this dumb?

Matrix

Oh man, don't get my hopes up. I just hope this franchise takes a step in a definite direction on Thursday. Im tired of being the 14th pick.

lol Hey we can all shit on Doc Rocket if nothing makes us Rockets fans happy. I'll have no problem doing that Thursday if nothing comes to pass.

Matrix

Rumor mill out of control in Houston....

http://blog.chron.com/ultimaterocke...to-land-franchise-star-such-as-dwight-howard/

"With Howard, if the Rockets can keep much of their cap space available, they could seek another top player in free agency to join him and potentially convince him to sign long-term. Though speculation on Tuesday centered on Deron Williams, with Howard believed to want to join Williams in Brooklyn, the Rockets are more likely to try to land Hornets guard Eric Gordon, a restricted free agent with an offer the Hornets would not match according to an individual with knowledge of their thinking."

Sura was the shit! f-ing injuries.

I'm pretty sure the Hornets are willing to go up to the max with Gordon now that they have Davis. You don't let potential all-stars walk when you have a chance at a title team in a few years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom