• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT2| Lakers Fans Despise Freedom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

giga

Knicks spokesman confirms that Jeremy Lin's offer sheet will not be matched. @JLin7 is now officially a Rocket.

Rockets might be fun to watch regardless if they get Howard or not. All three of their rookies seem to be pretty good players, then we get to see if Lin is for real or not.

I'm done explaining the difference to you. It's like you're not even from New York.

Knicks fans are a dedicated bunch, but this is unprecedented. I wouldn't be too surprised if a bunch of people switch over to the Nets. As I said before it's a short subway ride to the Barclays center and it's in a fairly cool area too.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
realgm is amazing right now

james-dolan.jpg

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
"Marc J. Spears ‏@SpearsNBAYahoo

“He can be just as exciting as he was in NY. Houston is going to embrace him and expect a lot from him," HOU Kevin Martin tells Y! on @JLin7"

Go to Orlando Kmart! It's Lamb time.

They lose Fields and Lin for nothing and bring back Failton for Jeffries+2nd round pick from this year. Also JKidd at 40+ years old. And capped out for years.

Can't wait till the knicks are 3-10 to start the year and the backstabbing starts.

Losing Fields was addition by subtraction.

They lose Fields and Lin for nothing and bring back Failton for Jeffries+2nd round pick from this year. Also JKidd at 40+ years old. And capped out for years.

Can't wait till the knicks are 3-10 to start the year and the backstabbing starts.

No one is crying about Landry Fields.

So let me see if I got this straight:

NOW the New York Knicks are worried about financial prudence? Not when Amare Stoudemire signed a five-year, $95 million deal that nobody else was coming close to offering. Not when they burned any chance of a do-over by using the amnesty on Chauncey Billups. Not when they just agreed to spend over $10 million a year on Marcus Camby, Jason Kidd and Raymond Felton, even though none of them were any good last season.

And NOW they're talking about how well the pieces fit? Not when they traded for Carmelo Anthony to play with Stoudemire. Not when they had Mike D'Antoni coaching both of them. Not when they added other questionably fitting parts -- the aforementioned Camby and Felton, as well as Baron Davis and J.R. Smith -- and hoped the talent would offset their Frankensteinian fusion of non-complementary abilities.

But NOW?

Even hollinger going in on the Knicks becoming frugal. lol

Well, apparently now they care. By not keeping Lin and Fields, the Knicks have essentially yanked a half-baked cake out of the oven. They're over the luxury tax with no starting-caliber backcourt players and an uneasy Amare-Melo alliance up front. If they're trying to go 44-38 and still pay tax each of the next three years, they're off to a great start.

Ouch!

Matrix

FRANKMAN, ARE YOU OKAY?

POST IF YOU ARE OKAY

I'm sure he's watching some Hentai to help him through this difficult time.

Matrix

Houston has a mini-Yao!

This is the second coming of mini Yao here in Houston. NY made him and lets see if he's for real now that he's back with the Rockets and has even less pressure.

Matrix

Bucher taking potshots at KMart on Sportcenter :lol

I can't stand Bucher cause he shits on the Rockets all the time, but I can back this.

LuchaShaq

Banned
Even hollinger going in on the Knicks becoming frugal. lol

Ouch!

I usually don't like posting stuff from insider for various reasons but the quote you posted

NOW the New York Knicks are worried about financial prudence? Not when Amare Stoudemire signed a five-year, $95 million deal that nobody else was coming close to offering. Not when they burned any chance of a do-over by using the amnesty on Chauncey Billups. Not when they just agreed to spend over $10 million a year on Marcus Camby, Jason Kidd and Raymond Felton, even though none of them were any good last season.

Honestly this seems like Dolan was butthurt because the change of the Rockets deal from 5-5-9-9 to 5-5-15

The knicks will be a 6-8 seed for the next few years if they are lucky along with horrific contracts to old/constantly injured/washed up players.

Welcome to the absolute worst place to be in the NBA!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom