• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT2| Lakers Fans Despise Freedom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently Birdman got amnestied and Anthony Randolph is replacing him in Denver.

Randolph-McGee frontline will be interesting in a comical way.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
I could get behind Lin/Lamb/Parsons/Motie/Bynum. Now we just need a coach.

Ugh Bydumb, I don't want to make the Lakers better ugh just ugh

Worst coach the Rockets have had since I can't even recall, sadly the team is not expected to do shit so he wont be fired. Is his contract for only two seasons?

squicken

Really until this moment didn't think about Lin the Rocket. Even then, hard to know until they actually figure out what the roster is. In general, that's way too much for a non-elite PG, especially with his small sample size.

But maybe Lin opens doors in China for Howard to be the global icon he wants. They'd win 30 games, but even if they don't land Howard I'd not be too upset. I like the young guys. Lin seems to bring energy. Been a long time I've had anything other than apathy for the team. Howard coming would be like McGrady where I've got to swallow and root for a douche

Kogepan

The knicks will be a 6-8 seed for the next few years if they are lucky along with horrific contracts to old/constantly injured/washed up players.

Welcome to the absolute worst place to be in the NBA!

They had it coming. They prioritized crap like Novak (16million) and JR Smith and a couple 40 year old retreads in Kidd/camby instead of Lin.

This whole Lin situation has become a big pile or ridiculousness. Granted, how the Knicks handled it was laughable, just like everything about the Knicks has been for the last 15 years, but the way Knick fans are reacting you'd think they were losing LeBron in his prime or something. Lin was literally the difference between 45 wins and 40 wins for you guys. That's about it. And Rocket fans blowing their load is hilarious when you consider that all this fan fare and they may have actually DOWNGRADED from last season at the PG position...all of this, meltdowns and orgasms, is it all really because he's asian and went to Harvard?

Outlaw

Banned
Lin to Dwight PNR is gonna be deadly

Our Jameer, Lamb, Jones, Parsons, Nicholson lineup wont know what hit em :(

iTyo6JWoVsIUv.gif

Pick one of these 3 cause that's all you're getting along with Morris:

Lamb, Jones, Parsons

entremet

Man, Dolan burns cash on scrubs on a regular basis and the most electrifying, yet overrated I agree, player to come to the Knicks in a while walks on his watch.

But this is expected from the man who let Isiah Thomas continue run the Knicks into the ground.

thekad

Banned
Ugh Bydumb, I don't want to make the Lakers better ugh just ugh

Worst coach the Rockets have had since I can't even recall, sadly the team is not expected to do shit so he wont be fired. Is his contract for only two seasons?

I'm hoping Bynum's stupidity is mostly due to playing with Kome.

McHale's contract is four years with the last year unguaranteed :(

LuchaShaq

Banned
They had it coming. They prioritized crap like Novak (16million) and JR Smith and a couple 40 year old retreads in Kidd/camby instead of Lin.

Real question, will any of those 4 be in the league or at least averaging 10 mpg in 3-4 years?

But honestly

A giant motherfucking LOL at the rockets.

Lowry was basically the best pg in the league by outside the top all star group of guys YNB/rondo/cp3/nash/parker/Irving/Rose/Deron. After him Dragic was probably the next best one.

They downgraded their pg position by a fuckton and don't have much to show for it.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Really until this moment didn't think about Lin the Rocket. Even then, hard to know until they actually figure out what the roster is. In general, that's way too much for a non-elite PG, especially with his small sample size.

But maybe Lin opens doors in China for Howard to be the global icon he wants. They'd win 30 games, but even if they don't land Howard I'd not be too upset. I like the young guys. Lin seems to bring energy. Been a long time I've had anything other than apathy for the team. Howard coming would be like McGrady where I've got to swallow and root for a douche

I actually liked Tmac till he pulled his usual shit. I'll have to root for either Howard or Bydumb and I find them both to be douches.

I'd still rather have the better douche bag.

charsace

The plan was to let Lin establish his market value and then the Knicks would match. Its the reason why they went through the court case to get Lin's bird rights. Then Dolan blew the plan. Either because he felt slighted by Lin's agent asking Houston to up the offer or maybe Dolan found out that Jeremy was Linside his daughter a few times.

Kogepan

This whole Lin situation has become a big pile or ridiculousness. Granted, how the Knicks handled it was laughable, just like everything about the Knicks has been for the last 15 years, but the way Knick fans are reacting you'd think they were losing LeBron in his prime or something. Lin was literally the difference between 45 wins and 40 wins for you guys. That's about it. And Rocket fans blowing their load is hilarious when you consider that all this fan fare and they may have actually DOWNGRADED from last season at the PG position...all of this, meltdowns and orgasms, is it all really because he's asian and went to Harvard?

Yep...crazy for Houston as well. Lowry at 12 million for next 2 years is alot better than Lin at 25 million for next three. Morey is just stirring things up..

Matrix

McHale's contract is four years with the last year unguaranteed :(

*vomits*

Shit wtf were they thinking :( I'll never understand his hiring.

LMAO @ MOREY

thekad

Banned

What Rockets fans are blowing their load? I think all of us would rather have Lowry than Lin.

Marc J. Spears ‏@SpearsNBAYahoo

Knicks have declined comment.

mmm

Matrix

I'm blowing my load cause I love watching the Knicks suffer (but thats me). I figured they would match. Rockets fans here are not blowing their load cause they think Lin is a star or anything like that.

I wanted Dragic to stay.

WTF are you talking about? Who do you think the early birds rights arbitration meeting was for? It was to retain Lin and Novak, stupid. If the Knicks had no interest in Lin they wouldn't go the extra mile. Lin hired a new agent and decided to renegotiate the offer sheet with Houston. That's the straw that broke the camel's back.

entremet

It's all relative for Knicks, who have been mired in mediocrity for 15 years, so a at best backup that got hot, seemed like the second coming. It ain't like the Knicks have done anything exciting the last decade or so. Hope being the opiate for the masses and all.

Smokey

The end of my day could be salvaged if you pissed in a bucket and then drown yourself in it.

Been a great night

The knick meltdowns throughout this month have almost made me forget about the worst summer in franchise history

Thank fat melo and hobo amarrrrre for allowing your best pg to come down here. I will style in 2k13 with lin in your honor.

Fox318

WTF are you talking about? Who do you think the early birds rights arbitration meeting was for? It was to retain Lin and Novak, stupid. If the Knicks had no interest in Lin they wouldn't go the extra mile. Lin hired a new agent and decided to renegotiate the offer sheet with Houston. That's the straw that broke the camel's back.

I still don't buy that. What about the Knicks talking big about how they would match any offer. All guitar boy had to do was keep his fat trap shut.

Knicks were the ones that fucked up here.

godofearthx

Neo Member
Some of you guys wanting Dwight Howard are saying some pretty funny things.

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/sp...akers-hinges-on-what-dwight-howard-wants.html

Dwight at this point is more likely to go to the Lakers. The only problem with this is that it will have to rely on Dwight signing some type of deal with Los Angeles. It is unlikely that he will end up with the Brooklyn Nets, and the Rockets right now because everything changed after the Knicks decided not to match Lin. The rockets will have to find a way to unload contracts, while finding a way to take Orlandos financial responsibility as well which aint gonna happen.

Matrix

Not even 12est yet and this dude is talking shit? Are people gonna say Morey doesn't have it out for the Knicks? Dolan should tap into his underground connections and have Morey brained the next time he steps foot in NY.

Knicks make it so easy for him though, which is sad considering it's Morey.

thekad

Banned
Some of you guys wanting Dwight Howard are saying some pretty funny things.

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/sp...akers-hinges-on-what-dwight-howard-wants.html

Dwight at this point is more likely to go to the Lakers. The only problem with this is that it will have to rely on Dwight signing some type of deal with Los Angeles. It is unlikely that he will end up with the Brooklyn Nets, and the Rockets right now because everything changed after the Knicks decided not to match Lin. The rockets will have to find a way to unload contracts, while finding a way to take Orlandos financial responsibility as well which aint gonna happen.

Uh, the Rockets can still take like Orlando's entire team.

d[-_-]b

Banned
I don't think having Lin was going to help us win more games, hopefully better chemistry this year around is all I can hope for, I think it was a decent offseason, Fields gone (thank God, painful to watch)...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom