• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT2| Lakers Fans Despise Freedom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

squicken

I guess I'm the last person not 100% sure the Knicks don't match. I just read a blog post from a TV critic and lifelong Knick fan who basically turned in his fan card and went off on Dolan. National writers are killing them. They haven't declined anything. Still a couple hours to match

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
I say fuck it and move on. Getting Dwight doesn't guarantee we win right away any way. If he was willing to extend it'd be different but that's too much for for a rental.

Same, I'm so ready to just go all out with rookies. Heck we will pretty much suck, but be fun to watch, be young and have a pick much better than 14.

"Come on you owe us for Franchise "

LOL sad thing is you most likely will get Lamb if he continues to play like this. Morey will let him go for Howard. Orlando should be on the phone with Morey right now.

"I'm surprised teams aren't scared of his back. I personally think Dwight is on the road to regular injury city."

I know I'm worried about that and you know Houston and injuries go hand in hand. He will come here and just get worse.

RBH

I guess I'm the last person not 100% sure the Knicks don't match. I just read a blog post from a TV critic and lifelong Knick fan who basically turned in his fan card and went off on Dolan. National writers are killing them. They haven't declined anything. Still a couple hours to match
Link pls.

Fox318

Dolan has never cared about the press opinions.

I'm gonna stay up till midnight but I'm not hopeful.

charsace

This is our only hope, but Dolan has one good quality that he applies in the wrong way; he usually sticks to his decisions.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
It's Linsanity I tell ya!

I can't help but sit back and laugh... then I'll sit back and cry once we sign Asik.

Mxrz

I don't get how real Knicks fans, after all the shit they've been through, would suddenly up and leave on account of Lin. Not knocking Lin or anything, but I don't see how he's suddenly the faith breaker.

I don't get how real Knicks fans, after all the shit they've been through, would suddenly up and leave on account of Lin. Not knocking Lin or anything, but I don't see how he's suddenly the faith breaker.

From talking to my friends who are Knicks fans it seems like since the Nets moved to Brooklyn they finally have a way to get out of the abusive relationship that is being a Knicks fan.

charsace

We have no first round picks to get good, young players. We're also capped out for years. The only way we can win is with the current team that we have. Letting Lin walk so that we can sign a bunch of over the hill guys (yes, Faton is already over the hill) will most likely go down as one of the worst moves in team history.

the irony
I see the ironing dog. It had to be said.

Knicks RealGM smh

Here is how it went because you seem to be confused.

1. Houston makes offer to Lin.
2. Lin presents offer to NY.
3. Our front office being the keystone cops that they are told Lin that they will match. Instead of saying nothing until they got an official offer.
4. Lin goes back to Houston and says they are going to match - do you want to up the offer?
5. Houston ups offer.
6. Dolan says FU you sneaky chinaman GTFO.

I'm pissed at what happened at steps, 3, 4, 5 and 6. But don't leave Lin out of the equation. He pulled a fast one.

Matrix

Okay so far Royce can't score, but the dude can board and pass. I don't think the Rockets even need him to score.

Shit want to keep all the rooks.

Omega

Banned

Because stats aside, he made Knick basketball fun to watch. That 10-15 game stretch he played was the only good moment since we made it to the Finals in 99.

People can point out how he's overrated, he's turnover prone, or any other flaw. He also is a shit ton more productive than Wife Beater/Failton, maybe if we got Kidd 5 years ago it would be a different story.

I'm not quitting on the Knicks, I'm just giving the perspective of a lot of Knick fans.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
From talking to my friends who are Knicks fans it seems like since the Nets moved to Brooklyn they finally have a way to get out of the abusive relationship that is being a Knicks fan.

Yep this is literally the worse time the Knicks could of said a giant FU to the fans.

The joke though is on everyone involved both organizations are incompetent and the Nyets have their mistakes under longer contracts.

charsace

Because stats aside, he made Knick basketball fun to watch. That 10-15 game stretch he played was the only good moment since we made it to the Finals in 99.

People can point out how he's overrated, he's turnover prone, or any other flaw. He also is a shit ton more productive than Wife Beater/Failton, maybe if we got Kidd 5 years ago it would be a different story.

I'm not quitting on the Knicks, I'm just giving the perspective of a lot of Knick fans.

The run he had in like his first 5 starts was historic. And Dolan is most likely not going to sign him because he feels slighted.

I love the train of thought that the Rockets needed Lin to tell them that the Knicks were likely to match the offer, as if they couldn't figure that out on their own. :lol
Lin's agent is the one that asked the Rockets to up the offer. This was revealed a while ago. Its the reason why Dolan is so mad.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Apparently Nolan Smith just got hit in the head and got knocked out.

Jason Quick said:
Smith got fouled, took a few steps then collapsed like a boxer who was knocked out. He is still down on the court.

Damn, please be OK Nolan.

Omega

Banned

I couldn't be a Net fan even if I wanted too. After that laughable Fantastic Four poster, I'd rather suffer as a Knick fan.

If I jumped ship, it would be to the Bobcats. MKGod gonna be best player in the league in a few years.

I couldn't be a Net fan even if I wanted too. After that laughable Fantastic Four poster, I'd rather suffer as a Knick fan.

If I jumped ship, it would be to the Bobcats. MKGod gonna be best player in the league in a few years.

Yeah, but if you're ever going to bail on a team the only decent time to do it is when another team comes to your city. Otherwise you just look like a bandwagon fan.

Omega

Banned
Yeah, but if you're ever going to bail on a team the only decent time to do it is when another team comes to your city. Otherwise you just look like a bandwagon fan.

I know.

But it's the Bobcats, I don't think anyone would care if someone jumped ship to that team.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Apparently Nolan Smith just got hit in the head and got knocked out.

Damn, please be OK Nolan.

Nooooooo. I really want Nolan to get his shot this year. Easily one of our most likeable players and a genuine guy.

I wonder if Shav is going to stick with the Wiz.

Brinbe

lol @ all those teams buying into Waiters based on hype and no workouts... this is just baring out what everyone else was thinking.

LOL @ ex Knicks fans rocking Brooklyn Nets T-shirts/jerseys. It's like y'all forgetting what franchise y'all trying to switch over to. The Nets at their highest point when they were winning with Kidd and going to the finals still couldn't get people in The Tri-State area to care one bit. A whole fucking state couldn't give two fucks about them and now they're moving to a NYC borough and y'all expect to things miraculous change over night? A fresh coat of a paint isn't going to cover the shit stain that is The Nets organization. Anyone who's rocking a Brooklyn Nets shirt who isn't from Brooklyn is a straight up clown.

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
lol @ all those teams buying into Waiters based on hype and no workouts... this is just baring out what everyone else was thinking.

I don't think not working out is as much of a red flag as not starting in college is. Or going to Syracuse.

I love the train of thought that the Rockets needed Lin to tell them that the Knicks were likely to match most offers, as if they couldn't figure that out on their own. :lol

The Knicks told you, me, everyone on the planet they were going to match. I don't get what the fast one was here.

You wanna talk about fast ones, how about the Knicks front office running and hiding when Houston had to deliver the offer sheet so they could try to squeeze out an extra day to make The Rockets wait?

Or how about the fact that the Knicks could have just avoided this whole dumb situation by making him a solid offer in the first place, instead of sending him out to fish for offers from other teams? And then chasing after Steve Nash and Jason Kidd while he was doing so, and having the Felton trade lined up the minute that offer sheet was signed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom