• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT2| Lakers Fans Despise Freedom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
And our PG's like to eat donuts, drive while drunk and look like rodents.

i6CGxGeGRIRBg.gif

Cloudy

Banned
This Lin business in unbelievable to me. I can name 20 PGs I'd take over him. Freaking rockets let 2 better PGs go so they could overpay him. I don't get it lol

giga

Well he's definitely right that Lin's not better than Lowry. I haven't watched Dragic since he went up against the Lakers in the playoffs--but he looked real good there.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Still can't understand how your ok with losing but your right jokes on me.

Sometimes you have to lose and rebuild to get back on top. I'm not okay with losing, but the Rockets were going no where with the team they had, couldn't land a star( still cant it seems) and kept aging. Haven't made the playoffs since Yao got hurt and always draft like 14th.

It was rebuilding time.

Cloudy

Banned
I can't believe all of these people saying Falton will be better than lin.

Howd he do in portland?

Felton will do great playing with Melo and Amare. There's a reason he was a lottery pick and Lin was in the D-League. I'm gonna have to see more than 25 games before I proclaim Lin better

squicken

Lin clearly wanted out. He could have structured the deal differently with Houston. He could've went to the Knicks front office and tried to work something out. Knicks are taking too much shit for this when the kid wanted out:

Both parties are to blame here. I think Knicks are like 75% to blame, Lin 25%.

Couldn't the Knicks have offered him more money? I thought you could sign your own RFAs to 5 year deals?

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
This Lin business in unbelievable to me. I can name 20 PGs I'd take over him. Freaking rockets let 2 better PGs go so they could overpay him. I don't get it lol

Didn't you say you wished the Lakers had signed Felton instead of Nash or some shit the other day.

oh and name 20 pg's... just for fun.

Cloudy

Banned
Rockets / Knicks are not going to win championships at least their fans will have fun watching Linsanity.

Linsanity happened for a lot of reasons. Lin can play, NY had shooters around him and they played a bunch of bad EC teams during that stretch.

I just hope the kid doesn't completely go in the tank and become some kind of punchline

LOL angry Knick fans are awesome, esp new ones.

"Frank Isola ‏@FisolaNYDN

The Rockets cut Jeremy Lin in December because he wasn't better than Kyle Lowry & Goran Dragic. Seven months later, he still ain't better "

So angryyyyyy grrrrrrr

Damn, I'm hoping Lin flourishes in Houston, just to shove it in this idiot's face.

charsace

Felton will do great playing with Melo and Amare. There's a reason he was a lottery pick and Lin was in the D-League. I'm gonna have to see more than 25 games before I proclaim Lin better

Faton will look like George Foreman by December. He was a starter on Portland team that were hoping he would do good things like he did for the Knicks. All they got was an overweight team killer

Fuck it.

Felton/Smith/Anthony/Stoudemire/Chandler with Kidd/White/Novak/Thomas/Camby in the second unit, and Shumpert coming back. If that's my team, then that's who I ride with.

Knicks are winning the Eastern Conference this year. They'll do it with defense, naturally.

squicken

Freaking rockets let 2 better PGs go so they could overpay him. I don't get it lol

This is a frequently seen inaccurate statement. Lowry netted a guaranteed lottery pick. If Morey could have bought one of those for $25m he would have. Lowry is/was part of Howard pursuit.

He tried to sign Dragic. Didn't just let him go. Question now is did he overpay Lin for business reasons or b/c he was desperate for a PG.

Matrix

Damn, I'm hoping Lin flourishes in Houston, just to shove it in this idiot's face.

Guy should be shitting on Dolan not Lin. Sorry just don't see what this kid did wrong and he's getting blasted for it. NY sports writers are just pathetic.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Faton will look like George Foreman by December. He was a starter on Portland team that were hoping he would do good things like he did for the Knicks. All they got was an overweight team killer

Foreman Grill Foreman, right?

BobLoblaw

Banned
That's actually kinda true. Lin wanted to stay in NY. I'm sure of it. I mean, you go from Houston to NY, not the other way around. I think his agent pushed him to sign the second offer sheet because of all the talk saying that the Knicks would match any offer.

Of course, I think Dolan took it personal that there was a tentative 5,5,9 million deal in place and then Lin went back to Houston again and they came back with something even better. It's was a shrewd business move, but now Lin's gonna be stuck in a much smaller market on a team that can only dream about the playoffs. Scoring 25 a night on a losing team in a smaller market doesn't sound too good imo.

Fox318

Fuck it.

Felton/Smith/Anthony/Stoudemire/Chandler with Kidd/White/Novak/Thomas/Camby in the second unit, and Shumpert coming back. If that's my team, then that's who I ride with.

Knicks are winning the Eastern Conference this year. They'll do it with defense, naturally.
We shouldn't have to settle for cupcake.

Waitaminute...

after ALL OF GAF virtually said Lin was a scrub on the Knicks and overrated (LOL KNICKS), now that Lin is gone suddenly he's an All-Star PG and the Knicks fucked it up (LOL KNICKS)?

DataLaughing_gif.gif

Oh NBA-GAF, never change.

NEVER

EVER

EVAR

CHANGE

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
As opposed to filing the roster with fatties and untradeable contracts?

They all come off in 2015, in fact if you payed attention this FA a whole bunch of teams gave out questionable contracts that the Knicks could trade their players for if they decide to not wait.
Ok

I don't usually say this, but damn the SALT!!!

I was provoked but yeah I admit that comment could raise your blood pressure.

Matrix

This is a frequently seen inaccurate statement. Lowry netted a guaranteed lottery pick. If Morey could have bought one of those for $25m he would have. Lowry is/was part of Howard pursuit.

He tried to sign Dragic. Didn't just let him go. Question now is did he overpay Lin for business reasons or b/c he was desperate for a PG.

I think it was both to be honest.

That's actually kinda true. Lin wanted to stay in NY. I'm sure of it. I mean, you go from Houston to NY, not the other way around. I think his agent pushed him to sign the second offer sheet because of all the talk saying that the Knicks would match any offer.

Of course, I think Dolan took it personal that there was a tentative 5,5,9 million deal in place and then Lin went back to Houston again and they came back with something even better. It's was a shrewd business move, but now Lin's gonna be stuck in a much smaller market on a team that can only dream about the playoffs. Scoring 25 a night on a losing team in a smaller market doesn't sound too good imo.

The size of his U.S. Market means almost nothing compared to what he's going to get from Asia. As for being on a team that can only dream of the playoffs, well that's not exactly a huge downgrade from the 1 playoff win in a decade Knicks.

SamuraiX-

Fuck it.

*fistbump*

Props for hanging in there. I'll be rooting for the Knicks this season. Good luck to you guys. :)

giga

Fuck it.

We winning it all my man.

thekad

Banned
The Knicks are capped out and bad.

The Rockets are firmly tanking for a top 5 pick or a top 5 player.

I'd rather be the Rockets.

Flash

sounds damn good to me. Sign the best contract available that guarantees the most money. If Linsanity lives on, awesome he'll still get jersey sales and endorsements (albeit not as good as in NYC), but if he falls off then at least he's still getting paid.

Not only that, but him disappearing in Houston is WAY better than him disappearing in NYC. NY fans and media are savages.

Matrix

bunchofnonsese.jpg

No one said any of what you just posted, the Knicks did fuck up though. Everyone and their mother thought they would match. Frankman you going blind?

Who's saying he's an all-star?

Cloudy

Banned
Didn't you say you wished the Lakers had signed Felton instead of Nash or some shit the other day.

oh and name 20 pg's... just for fun.

Felton at $10 mil for 3 yrs is better than Nash at $27 mil at their ages

Deron
CP3
Parker
Westbrook
Rondo
Rose
Jack
Teague
Dragic
Nash
Jennings
Wall
Tyreke Evans
Lawson
Conley
Darren Collision
Lowry
Felton
Brandon Knight
Kemba Walker
Holiday
Augustin
Andre Miller
Nelson
George Hill
Mo Williams

Is that 20? I would rather have any of those guys over Lin. They have done it for more than 25 games

*fistbump*

Props for hanging in there. I'll be rooting for the Knicks this season. Good luck to you guys. :)

Me too...if only because I need all the good eastern conference teams I can get.

Can't be making playoffs and shit with Kwame Brown....just can't do it.

This year, we tank in hell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom