• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT2| Lakers Fans Despise Freedom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

pilonv1

Legion Sports ‏@MySportsLegion

Trade Alert: Timberwolves have agreed to send shooting guard Wayne Ellington to the Grizzlies for forward Dante Cunningham.

Poor Rodeo

and konex didn't even have Steph Curry in his list

lol... for real?

Yeah, for real.
The Knicks played better defense this year. The DPOY was also a Knick last year. We aren't some defensive dynamo or anything, but it clearly wasn't the same defense from the last 5 years. If the defense can improve from last season, the team will survive - and possibly do even better.

Nothing unreasonable about that at all.

@Recon, the boos would have nothing to do with whose fault it is, and everything to do with Lin being an opposing player on an opposing team. A fanbase that could boo Jordan, that regained the ability to boo rival stars (instead of cheering them on like we did in the dark 2005 - 2009 times) can and likely will boo Lin.

And I hope we do.

RBH

I hope the boos are lusty at the Garden when Lin comes to play.
I hope Kurt Thomas, Camby, Chandler and friends blow him up when he comes in the paint.
This is a shit sandwich, but not irredeemable - if we double down on the defense thing we started last year, if we get back to the old Knicks identity of legit defensive play, we will survive. We will thrive, even.
iJJZH7quDP9S4.jpg

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
I hope Kurt Thomas, Camby, Chandler and friends blow him up when he comes in the paint.
This is a shit sandwich, but not irredeemable - if we double down on the defense thing we started last year, if we get back to the old Knicks identity of legit defensive play, we will survive. We will thrive, even.

Don't Knicks fans cheer for every superstar that plays there? Maybe they can get Lin back3 years from now.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.

tell us how you really feel.

SamuraiX-

Me too...if only because I need all the good eastern conference teams I can get.

Can't be making playoffs and shit with Kwame Brown....just can't do it.

This year, we tank in hell.

Collins bringing Philly the Twin Towers Part 2. Hawes gives you offense but plays no defense, Kwame plays defense but gives you no offense. They compliment each other perfectly!

What in the loving fuck is that shirt.

Don't Knicks fans cheer for every superstar that plays there? Maybe they can get Lin back3 years from now.

Nah, not since 2010. Once LBJ and co did 2010 free agency, that went away. The Knicks have their own "stars" to cheer again. It's all hate in the Garden if you aren't playing for the Knicks...the fans even boo their own guys.

LuchaShaq

Banned

You only have two good defensive players on your entire roster and one just tore his ACL.

Not happening.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
Felton/JR/Melo/Amare/Chandler looks like one of the worst defensive teams in the league. And they lost Jeffries.

Not at all Felton can defend and most of the Knicks depth is made up of defensive players plus the Head coach is a defensive coach as well. It's the offense That's the question.

Fox318

Everybody is turning on lin.

Hot damn.

This wasn't about basketball or money.

This was ego.

At least I didn't buy a lin shirt.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Ken Berger said:
For those who think you know this stuff better than me, the Rockets do have to pay Jeremy Lin $14.9M in '14-'15. This is a fact.
Holy shit.

Cloudy

Banned
Everybody is turning on lin.

Hot damn.

This wasn't about basketball or money.

This was ego.

At least I didn't buy a lin shirt.

I think it was about money for Lin. This was his best chance at a big deal and he took it. He didn't graduate from Harvard by being dumb lol

I'd say the Knicks were right too. The folks killing them now would be the first ones crushing them if they'd signed him and he didn't live up to the money. As long as they do well next year and crush the Rockets, their fans will get over it

squicken

If you really want some trashing on a clown franchise:

Zachary Levine ‏@zacharylevine

No joke. Today may be the best day of the Astros' season. They co-own the network that will air Rockets games. #linsanity

For the record, NY made Linsanity, not the other way around.

The whole reason that the Linsanity story got so huge was because of a few things:

1) NY media and their overwhelming desire to make mountains outta molehills.

2) Knicks were struggling and D'Antoni gave him a shot.

3) Knicks started winning games, in fact 8 straight! (we had a lot to due with putting him over too)

4) NY media making it into a national story.

And then...reality set in to the tune of the Hornets...

He was a new player that not a lot of teams had tape on, so he took the league by storm in those 8 games. Remember what happened when the Nets played the Knicks the second time after Linsanity started? Deron torched him for 48 points. Remember what happened when Miami played him, in Miami? They shut him down and he recorded his highest TO totals and only scored 8 points. The NY media was the #1 reason this story went global, imo. Don't be surprised when Lin comes back down to Earth this year. Teams have tape on him now and he isn't sneaking up on anyone

Fox318

I think it wad about money for Lin. This was his best chance at a big deal and he took it. He didn't graduate from Harvard by being dumb lol

For Lin yes but what about the Knicks?

Sorry for ranting a little fellas, I feel like I'll be on repeat mode for a bit with how I feel.

Maybe Dolan can invest in his web infrastructure. My download speed sucks.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
If you really want some trashing on a clown franchise:

Zachary Levine ‏@zacharylevine

No joke. Today may be the best day of the Astros' season. They co-own the network that will air Rockets games. #linsanity

:(

shira

someone who met Parsons

Parsons: Are ya'll excited about Jeremy Lin being a Rocket?
Me: Yeah, we just heard about it when we got off the flight.
Parsons: Now I get to hang out with more Asian chicks

lol
Did that girl write a new song? #houlovesjeli

Matrix

Frank Isola is a dbag, typical ny reporter. Please tell me you're laughing at him and not actually thinking he's funny :|

jesus he won't stop trolling Lin now, dude is seriously butt hurt big time.

thekad

Banned
Not at all Felton can defend and most of the Knicks depth is made up of defensive players plus the Head coach is a defensive coach as well. It's the offense That's the question.

A point guard isn't going to anchor your defense.

Camby and Kurt Thomas will be out half the year.

JR/Melo/Amare = terrible

Chandler can't overcome all their defensive shortcomings.

For the record, NY made Linsanity, not the other way around.

The whole reason that the Linsanity story got so huge was because of a few things:

1) NY media and their overwhelming desire to make mountains outta molehills.

2) Knicks were struggling and D'Antoni gave him a shot.

3) Knicks started winning games, in fact 8 straight! (we had a lot to due with putting him over too)

4) NY media making it into a national story.

And then...reality set in to the tune of the Hornets...

He was a new player that not a lot of teams had tape on, so he took the league by storm in those 8 games. Remember what happened when the Nets played the Knicks the second time after Linsanity started? Deron torched him for 48 points. Remember what happened when Miami played him, in Miami? They shut him down and he recorded his highest TO totals and only scored 8 points. The NY media was the #1 reason this story went global, imo. Don't be surprised when Lin comes back down to Earth this year. Teams have tape on him now and he isn't sneaking up on anyone

As true as that may be, the kid clearly has great skill and physical tools. He will still be good. Not just anyone can run that kind of streak off.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!

Camby is made of chalk and Kurt Thomas played with Jesus.. be careful what you wish for when all 3 of them are super injury prone...

Frank Isola is a dbag, typical ny reporter. Please tell me you're laughing at him and not actually thinking he's funny :|
The whole situation IS funny. Look, I wanted Lin to stay and I'm not happy he's gone, but this backlash is nuts. Watching alot of the Asian community flip out over Lin leaving and listing the wrong reasons why is hilarious. He's a decent PG with upside, not Chris Paul here.

The most intelligent comment you can say about the whole saga is this:
Vic Bronson:
Signing Lin for that kind of money is a gamble. I can't say whether the move was right or wrong but time will tell.

As true as that may be, the kid clearly has great skill and physical tools. He will still be good. Not just anyone can run that kind of streak off.

All I'm saying is, he isn't the new kid in town anymore.

Teams are gonna be prepping for him, big time.

What the Heat did to him was straight nasty.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
A point guard isn't going to anchor your defense.

Camby and Kurt Thomas will be out half the year.

JR/Melo/Amare = terrible

Chandler can't overcome all their defensive shortcomings.

Hopefully the Knicks learn some zone and Shump will be back eventually. Kidd isn't a slouch defensively either and James white did show he can defend as well. I don't expect them to be great defensively but they should be good at defense.

Blackace

The whole situation IS funny. Look, I wanted Lin to stay and I'm not happy he's gone, but this backlash is nuts. Watching alot of the Asian community flip out over Lin leaving and listing the wrong reasons why is hilarious. He's a decent PG with upside, not Chris Paul here.

and about face...

Blackace

Hopefully the Knicks learn some zone and Shump will be back eventually. Kidd isn't a slouch defensively either and James white did show he can defend as well. I don't expect them to be great defensively but they should be a good at defense.

if you have Melo and Stat on the floor at the same time it is impossible to be good on D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom