• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT2| Lakers Fans Despise Freedom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
This Lin business in unbelievable to me. I can name 20 PGs I'd take over him. Freaking rockets let 2 better PGs go so they could overpay him. I don't get it lol
Lowry = first round draft pick
Dragic = wanted player option

Both these impact the rebuilding plan.

squicken

I think it was both to be honest.

Morey is talking up his skills and growth potential, but I don't see it. I guess as long as he's okay it will help them sell jerseys. People forgot that Shane Battier of all people had a shoe deal b/c of Yao

Waitaminute...

after ALL OF GAF virtually said Lin was a scrub on the Knicks and overrated (LOL KNICKS), now that Lin is gone suddenly he's an All-Star PG and the Knicks fucked it up (LOL KNICKS)?

http://i1071.photobucket.com/albums/u515/zaskarclf/DataLaughing_gif.gif[/IG]

Oh NBA-GAF, never change.

NEVER

EVER

[B]EVAR[/B]

CHANGE[/QUOTE]

Maybe I missed it but no one has said he's an all-star PG. I'm not sure I've seen a Rockets fan who think it's a fair valued deal. The reason people are laughing at the Knicks is it seems to make no sense from a on-court or cap/tax management perspective. You let an asset go for nothing

giga

Felton at $10 mil for 3 yrs is better than Nash at $27 mil at their ages
UKCc+

Fuck it.

Felton/Smith/Anthony/Stoudemire/Chandler with Kidd/White/Novak/Thomas/Camby in the second unit, and Shumpert coming back. If that's my team, then that's who I ride with.

Knicks are winning the Eastern Conference this year. They'll do it with defense, naturally.
1SDY

That's what I want to hear, my man. Just gotta ride it out.
Maybe I missed it but no one has said he's an all-star PG. I'm not sure I've seen a Rockets fan who think it's a fair valued deal. The reason people are laughing at the Knicks is it seems to make no sense from a on-court or cap/tax management perspective. You let an asset go for nothing
If Felton wasn't around, they sign Lin. For some reason, they like Felton. And yeah, it does make some sense from a tax management perspective. Not alot, but some.

d[-_-]b

Banned
Fuck it.

Felton/Smith/Anthony/Stoudemire/Chandler with Kidd/White/Novak/Thomas/Camby in the second unit, and Shumpert coming back. If that's my team, then that's who I ride with.

Knicks are winning the Atlantic Division this year. They'll do it with defense, naturally.
I'd agree there, won't spew unrealistic things yet, offseason was meh...

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou

Also Lin is an all star point guard. He could play miss the entire first half of the season with a foot injury and would still make it.

That Dwight pic makes me sick to my stomach.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.

LOL Konex I was joking about naming 20... sorry about that. I don't think much of Lin, well I haven't really since we cut him. I'm curious to see if he's legit for a whole season.

I still don't agree with you at all with Nash/Felton, but everyone already went over that and slammed you so I won't say anymore hah

BobLoblaw

Banned
The size of his U.S. Market means almost nothing compared to what he's going to get from Asia. As for being on a team that can only dream of the playoffs, well that's not exactly a huge downgrade from the 1 playoff win in a decade Knicks.
Playoffs is playoffs mang. He's not seeing any for a good while. But you are right on the Asian market thing. Still, would you rather be a superstar in Houston or New York?

Smokey

This is a frequently seen inaccurate statement. Lowry netted a guaranteed lottery pick. If Morey could have bought one of those for $25m he would have. Lowry is/was part of Howard pursuit.

He tried to sign Dragic. Didn't just let him go. Question now is did he overpay Lin for business reasons or b/c he was desperate for a PG.

Don't try and counter argue with logic

okay im over the lin thing. no use feeling sad about this shit any longer. heres hoping for a better season this year

My starting PG... FML
NSFW

lmfao

Waitaminute...

after ALL OF GAF virtually said Lin was a scrub on the Knicks and overrated (LOL KNICKS), now that Lin is gone suddenly he's an All-Star PG and the Knicks fucked it up (LOL KNICKS)?

DataLaughing_gif.gif

Oh NBA-GAF, never change.

NEVER

EVER

EVAR

CHANGE

knicks if you do, knicks if you dont™

thekad

Banned

Deron
CP3
Parker
Westbrook
Rondo
Rose
Jack
Teague
Dragic
Nash
Jennings
Wall
Tyreke Evans
Lawson
Conley
Darren Collision
Lowry
Felton
Brandon Knight

Kemba Walker
Holiday
Augustin

Andre Miller
Nelson
George Hill
Mo Williams

Is that 20? I would rather have any of those guys over Lin. They have done it for more than 25 games

dear god :lol

JoeFu

Banned
This offseason has been crazy so far. Hope the season will be as fun to watch.

I hope Lin does well in Houston. Can't hate on the guy.

Playoffs is playoffs mang. He's not seeing any for a good while. But you are right on the Asian market thing. Still, would you rather be a superstar in Houston or New York?

I know what I would rather have, but I don't think it'll be too bad for him especially if they can pull of the Dwight trade. At least he'll get good minutes in Houston since he won't have to play with Kidd and Felton.

Phoenix's Rage

Neo Member

Deron
CP3
Parker
Westbrook
Rondo
Rose
Jack
Teague
Dragic
Nash
Jennings
Wall
Tyreke Evans
Lawson
Conley
Darren Collision
Lowry
Felton
Brandon Knight
Kenna Walker
Holiday
Augustin
Andre Miller
Nelson
George Hill
Mo Williams

Is that 20? I would rather have any of those guys over Lin. They have done it for more than 25 games

...And Kyrie Irving only played 11 games in college. It's about the eye test as well. Lin is clearly better than Felton/Kemba/Hill/etc. You also imply that a Kemba/Hill/Augstin/etc. have put up comparable numbers in more games, which is blatantly false.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
This offseason has been crazy so far.

no shit

the Wizards brought out Steve Buckhantz today to call a tape delay feed of the Wizards summer league game off the NBA TV feed.

that shit was so weird.

cacophony

someone who met Parsons

Parsons: Are ya'll excited about Jeremy Lin being a Rocket?
Me: Yeah, we just heard about it when we got off the flight.
Parsons: Now I get to hang out with more Asian chicks

lol

I hope the boos are lusty at the Garden when Lin comes to play.
I hope Kurt Thomas, Camby, Chandler and friends blow him up when he comes in the paint.
This is a shit sandwich, but not irredeemable - if we double down on the defense thing we started last year, if we get back to the old Knicks identity of legit defensive play, we will survive. We will thrive, even.

Kevtones

Nolan Smith is lucid and has been diagnosed a concussion. Glad to hear he's okay and he's looked really nice so far in the SL.

Meyers Leonard got abused down low but some of that's on Babbitt. Leonard kept helping because Babbitt was so shitty. Still on board with him.

Lillard played well and im still wild about his ability to change pace/speed.

Will Barton looked great tonight. His shot is rough but he once again showed his versatility doing a little of everything. Love his vocal style.

I hope Kurt Thomas, Camby, Chandler and friends blow him up when he comes in the paint.
This is a shit sandwich, but not irredeemable - if we double down on the defense thing we started last year, if we get back to the old Knicks identity of legit defensive play, we will survive. We will thrive, even.

lol... for real?

Recon

Banned

Wait, it is Lin's fault he got paid and the LOLKnicks did not match? Oh lord...

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air

I say it's 50/50 the fans will be booing the Knicks when Lin returns... To many players expressed their real opinions on Lins contract not to get some heat for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom