• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT2| Lakers Fans Despise Freedom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
can we use the data gif more please?
I can't, that was the only 2 times he laughed in Star Trek.
and about face...
Please find where I said he was the second coming. Please, I beg of thee. Even the night the Heat obliterated him I said he has a alot of promise at PG but he has to progress.

I also said letting him go from the tax perspective makes sense, but not alot of it since there were ways to get out of the tax.

But that's ok. Finger me as the guy speaking from the other side of my mouth and not half the trolls in NBA-GAF.

As OT's Jimmer Fredette I can take the punishment. This is the price you pay for repping Honor. Loyalty. Respect.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
The whole situation IS funny. Look, I wanted Lin to stay and I'm not happy he's gone, but this backlash is nuts. Watching alot of the Asian community flip out over Lin leaving and listing the wrong reasons why is hilarious. He's a decent PG with upside, not Chris Paul here.

No shit, I just find NY media disgusting and always have. What does this tard get out of making fun of Lin? He should be looking at the organization he covers/writes about, but I'm sure he doesn't want to get in trouble with them so it's blast Lin time and try to make NY look like the good guys here.

If NY had matched he would be splooging right now and talking up Linsanity crap again.

There was literally no basketball downside to bringing back Lin at that money. I don't think he's any good, but it's pretty impossible to get good supporting players from free agency when a team is a tax team so possibly decent supporting players on large-market, capped-out teams should automatically be kept.

LuchaShaq

Banned
Hopefully the Knicks learn some zone and Shump will be back eventually. Kidd isn't a slouch defensively either and James white did show he can defend as well. I don't expect them to be great defensively but they should be good at defense.

Kidd has been awful defensively for 3+ years don't be ridiculous.

No shit, I just find NY media disgusting and always have. What does this tard get out of making fun of Lin? He should be looking at the organization he covers/writes about, but I'm sure he doesn't want to get in trouble with them so it's blast Lin time and try to make NY look like the good guys here.

If NY had matched he would be splooging right now and talking up Linsanity crap again.

He's acting really unprofessional.

Fox318

I can't, that was the only 2 times he laughed in Star Trek.

Please find where I said he was the second coming. Please, I beg of thee. Even the night the Heat obliterated him I said he has a alot of promise at PG but he has to progress.

I also said letting him go from the tax perspective makes sense, but not alot of it since there were ways to get out of the tax.

But that's ok. Finger me as the guy speaking from the other side of my mouth and not half the trolls in NBA-GAF.

SZnUI.gif

Nobody ever uses this.

I may watch some TNG now. That will cheer me up.

squicken

All I'm saying is, he isn't the new kid in town anymore.

Teams are gonna be prepping for him, big time.

What the Heat did to him was straight nasty.

MIA making him look bad doesn't mean he's been "figured out". That was the best defensive team in the league gearing up to stop him. He's not a super star talent and I don't know who has been passing him off as one

Actually Isola has been very consistent since Day 1 on Lin. And damn, you're getting worked up on nothing, Jesus. Calm down, did you get this aggravated when Hakeem was working with LeBron/Bosh/Amare/Chandler/the hot dog guy on their post games?
Nobody ever uses this.

I may watch some TNG now. That will cheer me up.
Damn I love that gif. That's what the Asian community in Texas is doing!

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
if you have Melo and Stat on the floor at the same time it is impossible to be good on D

The Knicks have already spoken about Chandler/Camby playing the 4 and 5 together for defense and I'm hoping Flight can come in and defend 3's When Melo get lazy.

Chandler
Camby
Flight
Kidd (Shump later)
Felton

Should suffice against most teams even if it's for a few minutes to try to pad a lead.

pilonv1

There was literally no basketball downside to bringing back Lin at that money. I don't think he's any good, but it's pretty impossible to get good supporting players from free agency when a team is a tax team so possibly decent supporting players on large-market, capped-out teams should automatically be kept.

They could have used the stretch provision in the new CBA to make his 2014 salary less problematic if they got desperate. Really short sighted move.

For the record, NY made Linsanity, not the other way around.

The whole reason that the Linsanity story got so huge was because of a few things:

1) NY media and their overwhelming desire to make mountains outta molehills.

2) Knicks were struggling and D'Antoni gave him a shot.

3) Knicks started winning games, in fact 8 straight! (we had a lot to due with putting him over too)

4) NY media making it into a national story.

And then...reality set in to the tune of the Hornets...

He was a new player that not a lot of teams had tape on, so he took the league by storm in those 8 games. Remember what happened when the Nets played the Knicks the second time after Linsanity started? Deron torched him for 48 points. Remember what happened when Miami played him, in Miami? They shut him down and he recorded his highest TO totals and only scored 8 points. The NY media was the #1 reason this story went global, imo. Don't be surprised when Lin comes back down to Earth this year. Teams have tape on him now and he isn't sneaking up on anyone

WTF is this?

Did the NY press go out there and play the games for him or something? Why the fuck do you think they won 8 straight, with him leading scoring those nights? Lin only snuck up on teams for a few nights, after that you heard teams saying they were gonna key in on him.

Deron dropping 40 is supposed to happen and the Heat are an elite defensive team who said they were gonna shut him down.

The one thing that White had been good at in the D-League is D, so you may be right on that. Of course he's going to need to stop chirping, he's one of those dudes who believes he's never committed a foul in his life.

thekad

Banned
The Mavericks figured Lin out the game before Miami, trapping him on the pick and roll. Now that we're stuck with him for two years, hopefully he can learn to beat that.

Depending on James White sounds like a good idea.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Actually Isola has been very consistent since Day 1 on Lin. And damn, you're getting worked up on nothing, Jesus. Calm down, did you get this aggravated when Hakeem was working with LeBron/Bosh/Amare/Chandler/the hot dog guy on their post games?

I'm getting worked up for stating my opinion cause I think he's being a dbag? And yea don't even mention any of those players next to Dream, esp a pg Lin. It was a dumb joke that bombed.

hell even a Knick fan just tweeted to him

"Kefa ‏@gkef616

@FisolaNYDN Hey Frank, remember when you actually said something smart and insightful? Neither do I."

He just comes across as so pathetic that even some NY fans are blasting him...

"Who guards Jeremy Lin when the Knicks plays the Rockets? I'm betting J.R. Smith signs up for that job. "

"The Boss ‏@aNYthing24

@FisolaNYDN How much is MSG paying you to be their mouthpiece?

Zeus Molecules

The one thing that White had been good at in the D-League is D, so you may be right on that. Of course he's going to need to stop chirping, he's one of those dudes who believes he's never committed a foul in his life.

Like I posted earlier Sheridan gave him #5 On his summer league ranking. It means nothing in the grand scheme of things but it is some hope in these dark times.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
The Knicks have already spoken about Chandler/Camby playing the 4 and 5 together for defense and I'm hoping Flight can come in and defend 3's When Melo get lazy.

Chandler
Camby
Flight
Kidd (Shump later)
Felton

Should suffice against most teams even if it's for a few minutes to try to pad a lead.

Kidd at the two? Wtf?

Fox318

NtQST.png

The Mavericks figured Lin out the game before Miami, trapping him on the pick and roll. Now that we're stuck with him for two years, hopefully he can learn to beat that.

Depending on James White sounds like a good idea.

The Mavs and Heat games are basically the two sides of Lin. Both teams tried their best to shut down Lin and only the Heat succeeded.

WTF is this?

Did the NY press go out there and play the games for him or something? Why the fuck do you think they won 8 straight, with him leading scoring those nights? Lin only snuck up on teams for a few nights, after that you heard teams saying they were gonna key in on him.

Deron dropping 40 is supposed to happen and the Heat are an elite defensive team who said they were gonna shut him down.

Get back in the corner, fly boy.

The NY media made it into a bigger story than it would have been if he was playing in Houston or Golden State (his first stops). Not fucking way that shit would have gotten that big in a smaller market.

The main reason it got all the buzz and spotlight it did was because it was happening in the largest media market in the nation and he was running off 8 games in a row while Melo was on the mend. The narrative couldn't have been more perfect either: Harvard player cut from 2 NBA teams gets a chance and explodes to help a struggling Knicks team.

He was propelled into the spotlight to a large degree because he played for the NEW YORK Knicks.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Get back in the corner, fly boy.

The NY media made it into a bigger story than it would have been if he was playing in Houston or Golden State (his first stops). Not fucking way that shit would have gotten that big in a smaller market.

The main reason it got all the buzz and spotlight it did was because it was happening in the largest media market in the nation and he was running off 8 games in a row while Melo was on the mend. The narrative couldn't have been more perfect either: Harvard player cut from 2 NBA teams gets a chance and explodes to help a struggling Knicks team.

He was propelled into the spotlight to a large degree because he played for the NEW YORK Knicks.

And because he was Asian.. Not a bad thing it's a great but if it was an unknown black kid it would have made sports stories but not like that... Even on the Knicks..

Zeus Molecules

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
I think it was about money for Lin. This was his best chance at a big deal and he took it. He didn't graduate from Harvard by being dumb lol

I'd say the Knicks were right too. The folks killing them now would be the first ones crushing them if they'd signed him and he didn't live up to the money. As long as they do well next year and crush the Rockets, their fans will get over it

Exactly

This was way too risky for the Knicks..

Lin was a desperate little bastard to get out IMO, he probably would have cracked under the pressure over here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom