• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT2| Lakers Fans Despise Freedom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

squicken

ehh yall are ragging on Knicks fans here but every fanbase will have idiots like those

Agreed. We could search for Youtube and Facebook comments and find morons for every team and say "_____ culture". If you hate the Knicks then use your own words. Don't print screen and paste some 16 year old's rants from Twitter to paint whole fan bases in a bad light

Omega

Banned
LMAO Lin will be as hated as LeBron if he keeps playing well. These NY fans are so bitter lol

Not really. It's not even the same situation for many reasons. I'm not even going to get into that.

In the end, this will fall back on the Knicks FO. They could have matched. If he ended up not being worth it and they don't want to swallow that last year and pay more luxury tax then they can trade him. Plenty of teams makes moves for expiring contracts, I'm betting at least three teams would want that $15 million in cap space.

People suck, basically.

Like someone said, it's shocking that they would say such things with zero anonymity. I'd be ashamed if I caught myself thinking those things. About anyone.

hive mentality

when one person does it another does it and suddenly it's hipster to hate on the guy

*sigh ok so trying to be the voice of reason for your fandom gets you called retarded.... Ok ..... Might I ask what genius fandom are you a part of?
He doesn't have a team, he hates Carmelo and loves Tebow. And before he pops off, he never posted when the Nuggs were in the playoffs, and suddenly popped in the NFL thread when the Denver Tebows started winning.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
People suck, basically.

Like someone said, it's shocking that they would say such things with zero anonymity. I'd be ashamed if I caught myself thinking those things. About anyone.

Same here the stuff they said equates them to being filth.

With that said I think the knicks fans needs to calm down. Linsanity is over in NY. Blame Dolan and change your cable provider to somebody besides cablevision if your really mad.

Zeus Molecules

He doesn't have a team, he hates Carmelo and loves Tebow. And before he pops off, he never posted when the Nuggs were in the playoffs, and suddenly popped in the NFL thread when the Denver Tebows started winning.

Ahh ok good know. Since he has no skin in the game so his opinion is moot.

Thanks for explaining.

True but we rarely see the idiot Jazz, Bobcats, Kings, or small market fans.

I understand more fans = more idiots. That make sense, but at least the other idiots aren't so vocal.

fisher-bad-utah-fans1.jpg

CIMG1642_crop_650x440.jpg

benjipwns

Banned

Zeus Molecules

I just need Felton to come in shape. If he can be a stable enough PG to help the Knicks get a higher seed and an easier playoff road he will be OK in my book.

I don't want to talk about the playoffs until a few months in and a clearer picture of where Shump is on his recovery.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
I just need Felton to come in shape. If he can be a stable enough PG to help the Knicks get a higher seed and an easier playoff road he will be OK in my book.

I don't want to talk about the playoffs until a few months in and a clearer picture of where Shump is on his recovery.

Lol

Zeus Molecules

Lol sorry I wasn't clear I assume the Knicks are a playoff bound team even with a in shape Felton mostly cause they pulled it off last year with arguably less from the PG position for most the season.

what I should of said was I don't want to talk about the odds of their possible success in the playoffs until that criteria was met. Lol even at a low point like today I got to have some expectations for the Knicks as a Knicks fan.

masud

Banned
LMAO Lin will be as hated as LeBron if he keeps playing well. These NY fans are so bitter lol

Lol no. People hating on Lin for this are a very small minority of Knick fans. Most of us are pissed at management and some don't think Lin is good and don't give a shit.

over it. Lins got bad knees anyway LOL HOUSTON

I can't believe we didn't at least get draft picks for him.

Oh well.

Felton better get in shape. He's the biggest wild card right now, cause Kidd cashed in and I know he aint about that life. Team's pg play depends on Felt One. LEGGO

The dude even said he likes to come in overweight lol. And how is a worse PG gonna help you get a higher seed than the better one exactly?

h3ro

Knicks fans are generally retarded. They were happy when they mortgaged their entire team for amare/carmelo too.

So we're allowed to just make up things and pass them off as truths now? Please find these happy fan posts, please.

Most of us still make reference to how we are still following Gallo's career closely.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
So we're allowed to just make up things and pass them off as truths now? Please find these happy fan posts, please.

Most of us still make reference to how we are still following Gallo's career closely.

Most were very happy with Melo for Gallo as they should be.. The Stat for max was suspect..

They made decent moves but have made so many dumb moves like not getting a decent PG to get those weapons the ball..

h3ro

Most were very happy with Melo for Gallo as they should be.. The Stat for max was suspect..

They made decent moves but have made so many dumb moves like not getting a decent PG to get those weapons the ball..

Amare's contract was a Plan C desperation move after the summer of LeBron failed miserably. They felt the compulsion that they had to bring in somebody. Probably fear of the same ire they're feeling now for not matching.

As for Melo for Gallo straight up, even I would have been fine with that trade. It was the timing of the trade, that this front office felt the need to give up 3/5 of the starting line up when they were the only team Carmelo was going to go to.

At this point, what else do we have but to hope Felton stays in shape enough to play long minutes and not break down and Kidd doesn't receive too long of a suspension.

I really thought they'd match, honestly. Thought a combo of Lin/Felton at 1 with Kidd splitting time with JR at two would have been serviceable/semi-competitive.

Oh well. I'm over being frustrated with this team.

Amare's contract was a Plan C desperation move after the summer of LeBron failed miserably. They felt the compulsion that they had to bring in somebody. Probably fear of the same ire they're feeling now for not matching.

As for Melo for Gallo straight up, even I would have been fine with that trade. It was the timing of the trade, that this front office felt the need to give up 3/5 of the starting line up when they were the only team Carmelo was going to go to.

At this point, what else do we have but to hope Felton stays in shape enough to play long minutes and not break down and Kidd doesn't receive too long of a suspension.

I really thought they'd match, honestly. Thought a combo of Lin/Felton at 1 with Kidd splitting time with JR at two would have been serviceable/semi-competitive.

Oh well. I'm over being frustrated with this team.

Join the club loserbro.

LuchaShaq

Banned
Ahh ok good know. Since he has no skin in the game so his opinion is moot.

Thanks for explaining.

That's not really fair.

I don't have a team but I've had league pass for 4-5 years in a row and watch way too many games to the point that the gf goes ham on me. "Do you really need to have different games on your desktop/laptop/and the tv?" I only got interested in NBA as a kid because people called me shaq when I played pickup (mostly because I was big not because I was good) and then just followed him from team to team.

....my favorite NFL team is the Buffalo Bills because when I was real young I grew up near there going to 2-3 games a year...FUCK I should say the Toronto Bills shouldn't I?

You forget two big important things.

1. Due to not being able to insure his contract NOONE was going to pay Amare nearly as much as the knicks, they overpaid by 3+ mil a year....they'd still be in the luxury tax zone but hey it adds up.

2. When the melo trade went down people were still fucking idiots acting like billups was any good and that he was a major all star upgrade over Felton. Billups has always been over rated and he was dragged by melo to the Western Finals once when Chauncey played like shit and jacked up his typical asshole shots.

masud

Banned

We signed Stat before the decision, he was trying to recruit LeBron. Remember the whole 2 max player thing?

h3ro

You forget two big important things.

1. Due to not being able to insure his contract NOONE was going to pay Amare nearly as much as the knicks, they overpaid by 3+ mil a year....they'd still be in the luxury tax zone but hey it adds up.

2. When the melo trade went down people were still fucking idiots acting like billups was any good and that he was a major all star upgrade over Felton. Billups has always been over rated and he was dragged by melo to the Western Finals once when Chauncey played like shit and jacked up his typical asshole shots.
Regarding your first point, I didnt forget that as I noted it was an act of desperation. That encompasses all the dumbassery of the amount offered. Basically an offer he, in no way, could turn down.
I always though Billups was included as filler and as a shrewd inclusion by Nuggets brass as they smelled the knicks desperation and saw they could get rid of his contract.

LuchaShaq

Banned
Not to mention stopping one of the most dominant teams ever from a 4peat.

Anchored by Kobe's selfish basically throwing the series by jacking up way too many off balance long 2s? That series was much more about the wallaces and prince than Billups and his $tat$.

he put up 20.6/6.8/3.8 on an amazing 66.4% TS that year in the playoffs.

Yes ignore the actual games where he played like shit in 5 of the 7 Lakers games, and that he often made blowouts against Dallas/Hornets get closer with his insistence on jacking up random shots like he was jr. smith.

Not to mention he played shit D all playoffs even against already old as fuck Kidd/Fisher.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom