• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT2| Lakers Fans Despise Freedom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hollinger said:
The tax on Lin's deal might be much easier to handle if they weren't also paying a combined $7.2 million in guaranteed money to Camby, Kidd and Felton that season, even though the first two will be in their 40s and the third might be 300 pounds by then.
Hollinger is free balling.

cacophony

iMwgDXADHwS4c.jpg

ilXsD3SmmXJYj.gif

Delusional Knick fans lol

edit:

DuranSports said:
DH was wearing a Dodgers and when he got to car one of his handlers saw fans were taking pics and snatched hat off DH head

Fuck you Dwight, you got a warmer welcome than CP got at Dodgers Stadium and he plays here. Stop being just a visitor you jerk.

Kevtones

Rewatching the game.

Leonard looks unfocused. Give him Ritalin and he becomes the White Superman. He got out of position on defense and that's all anticipation.

Barton's shot is dictated by his nerves right now. He's going to be great if he can hone it. I really like his step.

Lillard is the real deal. He's a better passer than most score firsts and he already has the right confidence. Good pick.

masud

Banned
Uh, correct me if I'm wrong but that money he generates (via jersey, merch sales) is considered BRI and the league splits that shit between the PA and the owners.

The Knicks don't get all that money. Even the overseas negotiations fall under that umbrella, don't they?

You talking bout overseas endorsements? The Knicks get all of that.

RBH

Last year, there were 259 NBA players who used more than 300 possessions. Of those players, Jason Kidd ranked 242nd in points per possession. That was four spots higher than his new teammate Raymond Felton. Lin ranked 192nd.

Jeremy Lin had a well-publicized turnover problem last season that became a talking point for every talking head who wanted to point out something bad about a player who had saved a dismal season, ignited interest in the NBA among millions of people worldwide, and dropped 38 against Kobe Bryant in the Garden. It's true — of those same 259 players who used over 300 possessions, Lin ranked 252nd with a 21.4 turnover percentage. Raymond Felton ranked 244th at 19.6 percent. Jason Kidd? 257th at 24.2 percent. Guess who was 256th? Rajon Rondo. 258th? Steve Nash.

Maybe it's time to stop worrying about turnover numbers and examine whether or not those turnovers came within an aggressive system that created a lot of open shots, and, more important, generated wins for the team.

Did the Knicks win with Jeremy Lin as their point guard? Have the people of Portland ever encountered a person they hated more than Raymond Felton? Is Jason Kidd old and terrible? Between Lin, Felton, and Kidd, whom do you trust to adjust to playing with Carmelo Anthony and Amar'e Stoudemire, a.k.a. FLAT (Fucked-up Leg And Talented), for a full season? What, exactly, am I missing here?
http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id...g-new-york-knicks-james-dolan-blundered-again

Omega

Banned
why? stupidity isnt exclusive to one group of fans

remember the racism when lin first came to ny?

youd think theyd curb the shit when their name and faces are there but, nope!

I'm not sure about other fanbases, but New Yorkers are just assholes in general.

I think it was Full Metal Jacket who brought it up earlier, we even boo A-Rod, a future Hall of Famer. We're just so quick to turn on players. Two months ago these same people were dickriding Lin hard, now all of a sudden he's some unloyal chink who needs to die.

It's just disgusting.

Laker fans are bad as well. To my knowledge we've never sent anyone death threats, but other than them I can't think of any other fanbase that is just beyond embarrassing.

Kevtones

Oh, I understand. I'd be pissed too. Good thing Nolan is alright because he played well today.

I'm more concerned for Nolan than upset at Royce. I just saw a bunch of stuff and posted all defensive. My bad, really.

Nolan's a good dude. Really good. He's been a different player this summer and deserves fewer injuries (he left after a great half on Sunday with an ankle sprain).

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
gross facebook comments... just pathetic

squicken

The only people defending the Knicks are NY writers. As keeps getting pointed out, even if Lin is as awful as his biggest critics hope he is, all it costs the Knicks is cash. There's no lost opportunities at other players. Such a total fuck up. And Woodson looks stupid for popping off on the billion dollar thing.

As far as Howard, people in HOU seem to think that the Lakers would have to involve HOU to get that done. Simmons ran down a few of the proposals and couldn't come up with one that would be something HOU would agree to. FA market is more or less dry so it could be awhile as they all wait each other out

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
I'm not sure about other fanbases, but New Yorkers are just assholes in general.

I think it was Full Metal Jacket who brought it up earlier, we even boo A-Rod, a future Hall of Famer. We're just so quick to turn on players. Two months ago these same people were dickriding Lin hard, now all of a sudden he's some unloyal chink who needs to die.

It's just disgusting.

Laker fans are bad as well. To my knowledge we've never sent anyone death threats, but other than them I can't think of any other fanbase that is just beyond embarrassing.

Every fanbase has assholes attached. NY tends to have more fans overall due to population so you have an overall larger population of assholes.

This horrible behavior goes right along with how Cleveland overreacted as well, plus MSG has done everything they could these last few days to pass the blame onto someone else besides the Knicks FO and Dolan (even Melo got caught in the muck)

It's just disgusting.

i can see that. majority of us new yorkers tend to expect the world in every performance. i think a lot of em look forward to someones downfall than their actual success. were just ready to use any excuse to be assholes :(

i guess since theres so many of us, the assholes tend to be larger in number like zeus mentioned. ive also met plenty of super dedicated and non dipshit fans, such as my older brother who got me into sports in the first place.

etiolate

Banned
The best thing about the Knick fan hate is that a good portion of them are likely Yankee fans.

You know that team that uses big money to gobble up talent that other teams gave a chance and raised up.

Kevtones

if you are using a few summer league games to determine if somebody was a good pick.. ugh

He hasn't been terribly focused on passing but he had some top flight PnRs and an incredible feed to Barton tonight. He's got that speed-lead on his passes that makes me think he'll make highlights. His big flaw now is mid-range.

The Knicks were still deliberating their decision in recent days, and there was no better sign of that fact than one of the team-to-team discussions they engaged in over the weekend. New York, according to sources, was considering matching the offer for Lin while also finding a handshake agreement with another team that they could, if they so desired, trade him before the February trade deadline as part of a contingency plan. In those discussions, the Knicks -- whose acquisition of Raymond Felton was the most obvious sign that Lin was on his way out -- had targeted specific point guards with whom they could swap Lin as a way to maintain depth at the position behind Felton and the recently-signed Jason Kidd.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/20...-rockets-daryl-morey/index.html#ixzz20xGV0vVO

LOL

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
Knicks fans are generally retarded. They were happy when they mortgaged their entire team for amare/carmelo too.

*sigh ok so trying to be the voice of reason for your fandom gets you called retarded.... Ok ..... Might I ask what genius fandom are you a part of?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom