• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT2| Lakers Fans Despise Freedom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

giga

Except Mr-Felton-Has-A-Better-Contract-Than-Nash. But then he's not exactly a Laker fan.

Well...maybe Knick fans are right.

This is how he looked like last month....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bmAg3v-Thx0
My god.

QH7l+

h3ro

We signed Stat before the decision, he was trying to recruit LeBron. Remember the whole 2 max player thing?
I remember thinking of the signing that we weren't getting good signs from Lebron's crew. but yes, my mistake, stat signed prior to the decision.

masud

Banned
1. Due to not being able to insure his contract NOONE was going to pay Amare nearly as much as the knicks, they overpaid by 3+ mil a year....they'd still be in the luxury tax zone but hey it adds up.

You don't know that. Stat signed with us pretty quickly (he was 2nd after Johnson to sign) He didn't field offers from anyone else, he met with the Knicks first then signed a contract. You don't think the Nets wouldn't have overpayed Stat instead of having the worst season ever?

Anchored by Kobe's selfish basically throwing the series by jacking up way too many off balance long 2s? That series was much more about the wallaces and prince than Billups and his $tat$. LOL

Yes ignore the actual games where he played like shit in 5 of the 7 Lakers games, and that he often made blowouts against Dallas/Hornets get closer with his insistence on jacking up random shots like he was jr. smith.
Not to mention he played shit D all playoffs even against already old as fuck Kidd/Fisher.

When did he "play like shit"?
http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/b/billuch01/gamelog/2004/

Its okay to not like the guy, but don't go making shit up. This is like the whole LBJ empty stats thing.

Fat and professional athlete do not belong in the same sentence. Felton needs to get in the gym and put some serious work in if he wants to be known as a pro athlete again.

And F yeah at my Cats being 3-0 in the SL. It's lame that MKG is going through full practices but is still being held out of the games though. I want to see him play again dammit!

squicken

Felton is going to draw the ire of the fans. His own fault for being fat, but he's the one who fans seem to be zeroing in on to abuse for Dolan's mistakes

thekad

Banned
Everyone thought that the Bulls were shedding salary to make room for Asik. Really, as Bulls fans suspected, they were just being cheap :lol

Flash

lol Asik was about to get wayyy overpaid and they aren't going to be contending next year with Rose out so...whatever. Bulls need to just tank the season and come back next year with Rose.

lol Asik was about to get wayyy overpaid and they aren't going to be contending next year with Rose out so...whatever. Bulls need to just tank the season and come back next year with Rose.

They probably would have finished second in the East and are still a playoff lock if Deng, Gibson, and Noah play most of the games.

Besides, next year's draft sucks.

Cloudy

Banned
Lol no. People hating on Lin for this are a very small minority of Knick fans. Most of us are pissed at management and some don't think Lin is good and don't give a shit.

People tend to hate on overhyped players. I think this will be Tebow-like at least

I just got around to reading that Grantland article on Lin. It's straight ether.

On whether Kidd and Felton are better:

Grantland said:
Last year, there were 259 NBA players who used more than 300 possessions. Of those players, Jason Kidd ranked 242nd in points per possession. That was four spots higher than his new teammate Raymond Felton. Lin ranked 192nd.

On Lin's turnovers:

Jeremy Lin had a well-publicized turnover problem last season that became a talking point for every talking head who wanted to point out something bad about a player who had saved a dismal season, ignited interest in the NBA among millions of people worldwide, and dropped 38 against Kobe Bryant in the Garden. It's true — of those same 259 players who used over 300 possessions, Lin ranked 252nd with a 21.4 turnover percentage. Raymond Felton ranked 244th at 19.6 percent. Jason Kidd? 257th at 24.2 percent. Guess who was 256th? Rajon Rondo. 258th? Steve Nash.

At a certain point, you get the feeling Kang's not happy with the Knick roster:

Did the Knicks win with Jeremy Lin as their point guard? Have the people of Portland ever encountered a person they hated more than Raymond Felton? Is Jason Kidd old and terrible? Between Lin, Felton, and Kidd, whom do you trust to adjust to playing with Carmelo Anthony and Amar'e Stoudemire, a.k.a. FLAT (Fucked-up Leg And Talented), for a full season? What, exactly, am I missing here?

Also, outside of his immediate family, friends, and maybe a few crazed UNC alums, nobody has ever paid for a ticket to watch Raymond Felton play basketball.

To be totally fair, he's a bit off - Raymond Felton probably doesn't even crack the top 10 of Blazers they hated most in the last decade. Ruben Patterson and Darius Miles make him look like a great catch.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
wow impressive. darkside must be proud.

That picture was after the Magic traded for him. He definitely lost a ton of weight, I was actually excited to see what he could do while in better shape.

Of course he was fucking awful last season. Hoping for better things from him this season since he played better without Dwight and well he's going to be playing 30+ minutes a night.

So you finally agree. You finally understand that a lot of guys in next year's draft can't play bball?

Next year's draft is supposed to be the worst since 2000, the year Kenyon Martin went #1 and was the only decent player. If the Raps miss the playoffs any time in the next 5 years and have to give the Rockets that pick for Lowry, I hope it's this one.

squicken

Everyone thought that the Bulls were shedding salary to make room for Asik. Really, as Bulls fans suspected, they were just being cheap :lol

The Rockets haven't even signed him have they? They still need to waive a couple guys and let them clear waivers before signing him, right? Then the 3 day clock starts unless the Bulls renounce.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
I've seen people say it's supposed to be a worse draft overall than 06, the Bargnani year. That draft is still way better than the 2000 one, so overall somewhere in between I guess.

We don't know what the final draft could be... It could get better or worse

Flash

I've seen people say it's supposed to be a worse draft overall than 06, the Bargnani year. That draft is still way better than the 2000 one, so overall somewhere in between I guess.

besides a very few all-star caliber players, it seems that the last few drafts have been filled with busts and medicore role players. Thought the 1 year college rule was suppose to help this...loll

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
The dude even said he likes to come in overweight lol. And how is a worse PG gonna help you get a higher seed than the better one exactly?

Because the Knicks didn't have any PG at all playing for most the season. Lin came in halfway through the season. Before him was no one really and after him was a barely functioning Baron Davis.

Once they get rid of their second best player, they'll have the cap flexibility to be ignored by free agents while being a significantly worse team.

Their best option is a trade. I don't know what they'd get in return, but Deng and the pick the Bobcats owe them should net them a pretty good player in return. If you combine that with a top 10 pick in the 2013 draft (if they tank) I think they could put out a better team, even without Deng.

So you finally agree. You finally understand that a lot of guys in next year's draft can't play bball?

I disagree with those saying next year's draft is weak. It looks weak at center outside of the top 10 and at the point guard position, but it's strong at the power forward and especially the shooting guard position. In my opinion the shooting guard class is the best it's been in several years. If the Bulls tank they should be able to get a good one.

Speaking of Garbagenani, do you still want BC fired?

I'm actually on the fence about him. He makes good moves and bad, but always drafts well and usually wins trades. At the end of the day he hasn't put together a good team in his time here, but I feel like he's finally on the right track trying to build a team that can defend and rebound instead of some dumb swishy Euroball Suns wannabe.

Unless he meshes insanely well with Valanciunas Bargs needs to go though. He's their only real scoring threat so they can't move him right away, but he's the wrong type of guy to try and build around for so many reasons.

We don't know what the final draft could be... It could get better or worse

True enough, Ilook at all the guys who held out of last year's draft and whose stock dropped, it's always impossible to tell what things will look like a year in advance. But dor the purposes of an "is this a good year to tank?" conversation, the answer is probably not.

Brinbe

Speaking of Garbagenani, do you still want BC fired?
Let's see, besides that one good year in 06 (when the Atlantic was truly shit) this is what he's accomplished

2011-12 Toronto 23 43 .348
2010-11 Toronto 22 60 .268
2009-10 Toronto 40 42 .488
2008-09 Toronto 33 49 .402
2007-08 Toronto 41 41 .500

Absolutely stellar.

And as of right now, this roster's looking good for 35-40 wins at best. So that'll be six years of utter mediocrity? Fuck yes, BC should be fired. But since we'll improve by a bit, he'll probably get extended once again. And much like Jose and Bargs, he's here forever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom