• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT2| Lakers Fans Despise Freedom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
hes back to HOU and a bunch of racist created a shit storm.

Including Pimpwerx

image.jpg

abuC

Because this move puts them a lot closer to contending than relying on guys like TT and Zeller, and given the current climate the deal may not go through if they try to get cute.

The alternative is to become middling, get late 1sts and live off of a TT/Zeller frontcourt...its kind of a nobrainer to include TT and Zeller if it means you get Bynum.

Obviously getting Bynum is huge, but if they can get him without having to give up BOTH of their young frontcourt players it makes sense to do that instead. I'd rather have a young player on a rookie deal than a hustle big like Varejao who is about to turn 30 and isn't exactly an iron man in durability.

Nelo Ice

Banned
I look forward to tmw's tweets of

" Cavs/Lakers/Magic talks less substantial than earlier believed, deal not likely"

followed by Friday's

" Houston and Magic talking again, trying to make deal by themselves"

followed by Saturday's

" Houston now willing to be a third player in deal between Cavs/Magic"

Around and around we go.

Yeah we won't have anything concrete unless it's actually official. Though I do wonder why everything is being leaked left and right since when we're involved it's usually pretty silent on leaks lol.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
The Trail Blazers have matched Minnesota's RFA offer for F Nicolas Batum.

Lin tried to rejoin the Knicks during the playoffs, but wasn't able to play. He declared himself "85 percent" healthy before Game 5 of the Knicks-Heat series but did not suit up. According to a team source, that caused friction in the locker room.

"Other guys were hurt, playing at less than 85 percent, so some of them didn't like that," said the source.

Lin addressed the injury and the surrounding circumstances with Sports Illustrated.

"Every single vet on our team that has been in the league longer than five years pulled me aside and told me that I shouldn't play," Lin said. "And I had arguments with them about why I should."

Sports Illustrated also reports that Lin clarified his "85 percent" comment. According to the magazine, Lin claims that he was 15 percent from the "absolute minimum threshold to play."

"People think it was easy for me to sit there and watch us lose, like I had nothing to do with the season," Lin said. "I was dying to play. I didn't miss a game due to injury in seven years until this past season, and people are acting like I wouldn't want to play in the playoffs? Of the NBA? In my first season?"

I knew something was fishy about that 85% story. Fuck the media

KingJ2002

So basically LA and ORL have the perfect trade set up. They both get rid of bad contracts and get the player they want, while some benevolent team comes along and gives away young players and draft picks and takes on a bunch of bad contracts?

Lakers end the trade nightmare with dwight
Magic get to re-build
Cleveland / Houston takes a headcase willing to re-up in either city and

veteran's... they're getting veteran's for their young teams.... not bad contracts

lol

Colangelo says he's basically done for the summer. I guess Philly wanted too much for Igoudala and he figures he can still move Calderon for something meaningful during the season.

Lowry/Calderon
DeRozan/Ross
Fields
Bargnani/Ed Davis
Valanciunas/ Amir Johnson

Meh. Valanciunas better be god tier.

reilo

Oh wow. How do you feel about it? Despite the contract, I feel Minny has reasons to be disappointed.

It ties up their cap for the next 3-4 years. The rookies better be as good as they think they can be.

Also:

Olshey says Batum called him without Minnesota/agent knowledge to tell him he didn't say those things & that he was told to say those things

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
Oh wow. How do you feel about it? Despite the contract, I feel Minny has reasons to be disappointed.

Not really. Blazers were always going to match and the Wolves already signed Roy and Shved, traded for Budinger, and still have cap space try and get Courtney Lee.

The roster is already upgraded.

Man raps need to change their image. New jerseys/court logo, completely blow it up all over again (get rid of bargs and calderon...my god learn how to rebuild...), move virtually everyone but Val for picks.

What they are doing right now is just horrible GM'ing.

Gabyskra

Banned
It ties up their cap for the next 3-4 years. The rookies better be as good as they think they can be.

Sure, but Batum is still very dealable.

And AFAIK, they just have two big contracts, they still have Roy to pay for the next couple years, but after that he's off the books and they have lots of space + talented rooks (I like Claver).

LuchaShaq

Banned
Obviously getting Bynum is huge, but if they can get him without having to give up BOTH of their young frontcourt players it makes sense to do that instead. I'd rather have a young player on a rookie deal than a hustle big like Varejao who is about to turn 30 and isn't exactly an iron man in durability.

Zeller/Thompson career ceilings are likely have decent 3rd or 4th big man. Trading two guys who will get massively overpaid after their rookie deals are up for the second best center in the league would be a steal even if they throw in waiters who will be a rich man's flip murray at best.

reilo

Sure, but Batum is still very dealable.

And AFAIK, they just have two big contracts, they still have Roy to pay for the next couple years, but after that he's off the books and they have lots of space + talented rooks (I like Claver).

Roy's contract doesn't count against the cap since he was amnestied.

Gabyskra

Banned
Not really. Blazers were always going to match and the Wolves already signed Roy and Shved, traded for Budinger, and still have cap space try and get Courtney Lee.

The roster is already upgraded.

Sure, tell yourself Courtney Lee or Budinger are the same level.

You'll be very disappointed by Shved.

Dion Waiters is shooting 30 percent from the floor entering Thursday’s summer league game against the Timberwolves and has struggled at times defensively.
“The biggest thing with him is conditioning,” Scott said. “Once he gets in shape, all the other stuff will start to come.”

Scott believes Waiters needs to drop about 10 pounds as well as work on his defensive technique.

“He’s so used to zone [defense] the last couple of seasons that he stands around a lot on the defensive end,” Scott said. “We have to get him out of that. He has a ways to go in that

So reach for a backup 2 guard that only knows how to play zone defense who needs to drop weight before having even stepped on an NBA court.

Awesome. Cavs better hope they get Bynum.

linsivvi

Wow are the Lakers honestly trying to move Bynum for Dwight AND move one of their own bad contracts?

Mitch is too much.

It's not like they have a choice, the Lakers are over the cap.

The Lakers don't mind taking on a bad contract like Jason Richardson's, but for the salary to match, someone will need to take back a shitty but shorter contract like MWP's.

LuchaShaq

Banned
So reach for a backup 2 guard that only knows how to play zone defense who needs to drop weight before having even stepped on an NBA court.

Awesome. Cavs better hope they get Bynum.

Cavs are going to waste the next 5+ years of Irving with these awful tristan/Dion/Zeller picks (unless they get Bynum). Will any of the three ever start on a playoff team?

Hilarious to see the same organization get a lucky #1 twice and then fuck it up with basically every move afterwards.

squicken

Check out his recent tweets: https://twitter.com/FisolaNYDN/
jesus what is wrong with this guy? He's either obsessed or getting paid by Dolan

The timing is strange. Let's suppose everything he says is true. Where were all these tidbits while Lin was still in town? Why now does he share them? His pretext is to refute the SI piece. But he doesn't need a pretext to report on players in a Knicks uniform as a beat writer. So why wait until Lin is in another uniform?

Omega

Banned
Man raps need to change their image. New jerseys/court logo, completely blow it up all over again (get rid of bargs and calderon...my god learn how to rebuild...), move virtually everyone but Val for picks.

What they are doing right now is just horrible GM'ing.

They need to bring back the OG Raptor jerseys back when they had Damon Stoudamire.

Zeller/Thompson career ceilings are likely have decent 3rd or 4th big man. Trading two guys who will get massively overpaid after their rookie deals are up for the second best center in the league would be a steal even if they throw in waiters who will be a rich man's flip murray at best.

Yeah, Bynum's not better than KG or Chandler and Bogut when healthy is better as well.

Gabyskra

Banned
Because expectations are so high for a guy on a cheap deal who will be the 4th guard.

Cheap deal? He has the same contract as Felton. He makes three times more money than Evan Fournier and does not have the same upside. He'll go as far as Rubio takes him. His game screams of NBA influence, but he'll be a liability on defense, and he does not have the body for his game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom