• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT2| Lakers Fans Despise Freedom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mxrz

Doesn't sound like Ron wants Dwight. Wonder how the other Lakers feel?

If Dwight's impressed by some Dodger fans cheering at him after all the ass kissing we've done, screw 'em.

squicken

I know it's just summer league but I really like Jones/Donuts/Lamb. Have to give to get but I could also live with a tanking team that finally had 12 guys who gave a fuck

Nelo Ice

Banned
This is getting stupid now. I feel like Magic is trying to make other teams to "outbid" each other. Problem is, Magic is in a bigger bind than the others, so there's no way he's going to win big.

Yeah I'm sure now that the Magic are the ones leaking details left and right in a futile attempt to get someone to up their bids.

Brinbe

Damn, nice off the ball work by Ross.

And T-Rob is clearly having trouble finishing against length. Jimmer hasn't been much better.

Yeah I'm sure now that the Magic are the ones leaking details left and right in a futile attempt to get someone to up their bids.

God forbid a GM doesn't rush but instead tries to get the absolute best offer he can when he's going to lose a Top 2 player in the NBA.

Nelo Ice

Banned
God forbid a GM doesn't rush but instead tries to get the absolute best offer he can when he's going to lose a Top 2 player in the NBA.

I understand why he's lagging but from all accounts it's clearly not working. He's losing leverage just letting it sit there when other teams want to move on with their offseason. Hell Mitch could back out and he'd be left with whatever Morey wants to give him and it may not be the best deal he can get.

edit:Only thing I can think of right now holding up everything besides Magic not wanting to deal is waiting on Asik situation to be resolved.

Tom Penny

I don't see how Orl turns down Varejao and picks. A top 5 center to build around and picks puts them in perennial playoff contention in like a year.

I understand why he's lagging but from all accounts it's clearly not working. He's losing leverage just letting it sit there when other teams want to move on with their offseason. Hell Mitch could back out and he'd be left with whatever Morey wants to give him and it may not be the best deal he can get.

edit:Only thing I can think of right now holding up everything besides Magic not wanting to deal is waiting on Asik situation to be resolved.

Bitch please, you keep spinning this crap as if the Lakers have some amazing deal that might be off the table soon; hint, they don't. This is the same crap people tried to pull on Ujiri for dragging out the Melo saga.

Mxrz

I wish people would stop expecting the Magic to take back their crap just so they can have Dwight.

It would be really nice if Hennigan would go hire a coach at some point, too.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Who do you guys think will breakout out of the guys drafted outside of the lotto?

Doron Lamb will be a steal in this draft.. and I think Evan Fournier will have a great career..

Tony Wroten will adjust and become a good 6th man like player

charsace

Doron Lamb will be a steal in this draft.. and I think Evan Fournier will have a great career..

Tony Wroten will adjust and become a good 6th man like player

I agree with all these. I think Fournier should have went lotto and I think Wroten can be a starting pg.

Gabyskra

Banned
Lawrd, Evan Fournier might have played a grand total of ten televised games only in France, and now we have experts here. What can a dunk on Faried do for you?

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
And you base that on his shitty performance in the summer league, or something else?

shitty performance? He didn't light the world on fire.. but at 6'7" he is seeing time at PG didn't take ANY bad shots.. needs to stop traveling but all in all has been ok..

Also want to say Zeller has shocked the hell out of me..

Kevtones

Not surprised a Zeller - guy looked 'ready' in a lt of ways.

Barton is going to be around awhile. His two flaws are shooting and his weight - both very fixable.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
I really don't want the Rockets to get rid of their rookies and I don't care if its just summer league. These kids are impressive.

Gabyskra

Banned
shitty performance? He didn't light the world on fire.. but at 6'7" he is seeing time at PG didn't take ANY bad shots.. needs to stop traveling but all in all has been ok..

He's not taking bad shots but he's shooting under 40% and he's not doing anything else. He even had 7 fouls against the Knicks.

He'll be good, I have no doubt about that, but his SL is so underwhelming, it's sickening.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom