• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT2| Lakers Fans Despise Freedom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fantomex

Snaps Gaf, have you guys been in the Dark Knight thread lately? Oh my goodness it's like one of them Trials of Life videos from the 90s. Reviews coming in, dudes turning on everyone. It's like someone merged the Politics/Religion/LebronvsKobe/BatmanvsSuperman/NintendoisDoomed all in one. The carnage, oh the carnage.

Snaps Gaf, have you guys been in the Dark Knight thread lately? Oh my goodness it's like one of them Trials of Life videos from the 90s. Reviews coming in, dudes turning on everyone. It's like someone merged the Politics/Religion/LebronvsKobe/BatmanvsSuperman/NintendoisDoomed all in one. The carnage, oh the carnage.

Isn't it getting pretty good reviews?

Omega

Banned
good.

does this fuck realize kobe is on the decline? the franchise is his once kobe retires in 2 or 3 years.

Maybe he means not being in the shadow of some of the greatest big men to ever play the game.

Or how no matter what he does, Laker fans will never put him above Kobe, West or Magic.

LuchaShaq

Banned
Bynum to the Cavs would be a pretty significant leap for them but you have to wonder what assets they'd be willing to give up and if they'd be at all inticing to Orlando. An unprotected 2013 1st + Zeller and some other teams late 1sts? Seems kind of weak.

If the Cavs traded their whole roster besides Irving for Bynum it's a great deal for them if he is signing an extension. Their #4 picks aren't even good anyways most likely

Brett Pollakoff: Lakers added Nash & Jamison, + will have plenty of practice time. What will Mike Brown's excuse for offensive futility be this year? 4 minutes ago
getting in the way by talking too much during a time out huddle. that's what.

charsace

That's definitely a better deal than initially floated. The only NBA forum I read is this one so I don't know all the contract #s. I do know HOU really likes Lamb and Jones. Parsons seems to me the guy who obviously moves, along with KMart of course.

That's a shit deal if Dwight doesn't sign an extension. Too much for one year of Howard and a possible Bropez future. And I hate the Rockettes.

I'm not sure if the Cavs wouldn't want to just keep Varejao under those circumstances and move Tristan + Zeller + Future 1st and call it a day. Maybe take on Davis.

Irving
Waiters
eh
Varejao
Bynum

Could be a solid foundation.

LuchaShaq

Banned
Hedo's expiring can actually get them something. Jrich and Qrich probably have to be added.

LAL - Howard, JRich, QRich
ORL - Varejao, Metta, Luke Walton, Glock, Zeller and a first
CLE - Bynum, Glen Davis and Duhon

If I was Orlando is rather have caps pace than that group of scrubs and 12 men.

Even the worst rox deal trumps that.

abuC

I'm not sure if the Cavs wouldn't want to just keep Varejao under those circumstances and move Tristan + Zeller + Future 1st and call it a day. Maybe take on Davis.

Irving
Waiters
eh
Varejao
Bynum

Could be a solid foundation.

They probably want to keep Thompson or Zeller, since they are on rookie deals. Why give up both your young players when you can give up a vet + just one of them.

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
It is, but Bat Gaf was expecting the greatest movie of all time. Not an average of 8/10

Batman Begins only has an 85%.

Whatever. I don't need to read any reviews for it. I already bought midnight tickets. I expect this is the case with most people in the thread, too.

They probably want to keep Thompson or Zeller, since they are on rookie deals. Why give up both your young players when you can give up a vet + just one of them.

Because this move puts them a lot closer to contending than relying on guys like TT and Zeller, and given the current climate the deal may not go through if they try to get cute.

The alternative is to become middling, get late 1sts and live off of a TT/Zeller frontcourt...its kind of a nobrainer to include TT and Zeller if it means you get Bynum.

The Lakers have a bunch of titles and if a center is great he wins a title in LA. Howard going to LA and not winning would destroy is legacy.

his legacy is already tainted. he's made of bitchassness that can't make up his mind. and if he doesn't come to the lakers, he'll forever be remembered as the chicken shit who didn't take on the challenge.

Fantomex

Batman Begins only has an 85%.

Whatever. I don't need to read any reviews for it. I already bought midnight tickets. I expect this is the case with most people in the thread, too.

Yeah got my tickets for Friday night, i go in there with optimism but never to have my mind blown, works wonders.

You don't sell your house and then go out and sign a 12 month lease where you end up paying out more than you were before. Basically, that would be what Houston would be doing if they took on Dwight without getting him to sign an extension. Without the guarantee of more than a year the only things I would give up if I were Morey are KMart, the Toronto first, and one of the decent players they have on a rookie deal.

LuchaShaq

Banned
his legacy is already tainted. he's made of bitchassness that can't make up his mind. and if he doesn't come to the lakers, he'll forever be remembered as the chicken shit who didn't take on the challenge.

This. Dwights Legacy is being fantastically gifted athletically but has no post moves almost a decade latter and if he played in the mid 90's would never have made an all NBA team most likely.

Makes sense. He's a minimum vet.

Oh, and hi guys.

JEFF!!!!

3007525f49e7a614ae1f1dafa73d.jpeg

Nelo Ice

Banned
Sam Amico ‏@SamAmicoFSO
Lakers don't mind taking back bad contract, but someone is gonna have to take one of theirs. Again, story soon on http://Foxsportsohio.com .

Sam Amico ‏@SamAmicoFSO
Andrew Bynum OK w/Cavs, & Lakers believe Dwight Howard eventually would be OK w/them. But lots of bad contracts have to be moved for deal.

Cmon Mitch!

squicken

So basically LA and ORL have the perfect trade set up. They both get rid of bad contracts and get the player they want, while some benevolent team comes along and gives away young players and draft picks and takes on a bunch of bad contracts?

Owzers

Cmon Mitch!

I look forward to tmw's tweets of

" Cavs/Lakers/Magic talks less substantial than earlier believed, deal not likely"

followed by Friday's

" Houston and Magic talking again, trying to make deal by themselves"

followed by Saturday's

" Houston now willing to be a third player in deal between Cavs/Magic"

Around and around we go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom