• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT2| Lakers Fans Despise Freedom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
and considering the Cavs, he should get it (figuring in being fouled on some of those). It's just him and Kyrie on offense right now.

And Bynum should have been the #2 last year behind Kobe, which he was. Pau needs to transition to a #3 or I guess a #4 now with Nash.

Of course. He can also grab the rebounds from Dion Waiters/gee/thompsons misses and put them back in. With him and thompson down low, thats rebound galore

You mean in terms of being co-captain? Cause nash at 38 can't score at will anymore...and dwight's offense sucks. We are once against stuck with soft pau.

Nash won't score as much, but the ball will be in his hands more than Pau (in a meaningful way).

That's how i rank options. How much the ball is in their hands.

Dwight may end up being mostly a finisher, so it's possible he ends up being the 4th option behind Pau in that sense, though he will be scoring a lot more.

Until last season, Kobe and Pau touched the ball the most. Last year I'd say Bynum did the 2nd most.

Emwitus

Nash won't score as much, but the ball will be in his hands more than Pau (in a meaningful way).

That's how i rank options. How much the ball is in their hands.

Dwight may end up being mostly a finisher, so it's possible he ends up being the 4th option behind Pau in that sense, though he will be scoring a lot more.

Until last season, Kobe and Pau touched the ball the most. Last year I'd say Bynum did the 2nd most.

Honestly, i'd rather have nash and pau have more touches than kobe but we both know that ain't happening. But i see what you mean by touches. Nash got harrased last year by quick decent defenders.....I don't how much help he'll be when we eventually face OKC/spurs.

Cloudy

Banned
and considering the Cavs, he should get it (figuring in being fouled on some of those). It's just him and Kyrie on offense right now.

And Bynum should have been the #2 last year behind Kobe, which he was. Pau needs to transition to a #3 or I guess a #4 now with Nash.

IMO taking the ball out of Kyrie's hands to force-feed Bynum is BAD offense. His post-game isn't fluid at all and his court-awareness is terrible so the offense just bogs down.

On the Lakers, featuring Bynum was even worse cos we had no shooters (even if Bynum ever passed out of the post lol). So when the defense collapsed, it was a bad shot by him or a FG% buster for Kobe. Phil Jackson realized this so he never let Bynum get ahead of Pau in the pecking order. Then again, he has a clue about offense unlike the current coach.

Nash understands offense and regardless of whether Bynum is traded, Pau will be the #2 option on this team as he should be.

Lkr

You mean in terms of being co-captain? Cause nash at 38 can't score at will anymore...especially going up against more athletic defenders. His a turnover machine now..............and dwight's offense sucks. We are once against stuck with soft pau.
Drunk post?

Emwitus

Drunk post?

I can't wait till mid season when we all wake up and realize how awful the nash signing was after we suffer losses against spurs/okc. We needed to get younger. Dwight trade is okay tho.

EDIT: people also forget Nash has always played with a good number of team mates that were good at moving without the ball and never needed a huge percentage of there shots coming of post ups. His assists are going to be way lower than last year.

Cloudy

Banned
I can't wait till mid season when we all wake up and realize how awful the nash signing was after we suffer losses against spurs/okc. We needed to get younger. Dwight trade is okay tho.

I kind of agree. I don't see why we couldn't go after a guy like Lowry. Nash is an upgrade but youth and athleticism on the perimeter is what we really need. And it hasn't been addressed AT ALL...

I kind of agree. I don't see why we couldn't go after a guy like Lowry. Nash is an upgrade but youth and athleticism on the perimeter is what we really need. And it hasn't been addressed AT ALL...

You guys need to win while Kobe is still in pieces. Soon he may turn into the next injured version of T mac. WIN NOW.

Honestly, i'd rather have nash and pau have more touches than kobe but we both know that ain't happening. But i see what you mean by touches. Nash got harrased last year by quick decent defenders.....I don't how much help he'll be when we eventually face OKC/spurs.

Kobe should have less touches than last year, but more touches than Pau, that's for sure (hard to compare with nash who should be distributing).

Nash harassed by who? What quick defenders?

Lakers with Howard and Nash beat OKC/SAS. Their only challenge is Miami and unfortunately for Miami, their weakness is size and PG play.

IMO taking the ball out of Kyrie's hands to force-feed Bynum is BAD offense. His post-game isn't fluid at all and his court-awareness is terrible so the offense just bogs down.

On the Lakers, featuring Bynum was even worse cos we had no shooters. So when the defense collapsed, it was a bad shot by him or a FG% buster for Kobe. Phil Jackson realized this so he never let Bynum get ahead of Pau in the pecking order. Then again, he has a clue about offense unlike the current coach.

Nash has a clue about offense and regardless of whether Bynum is traded, Pau will be the #2 option on this team as he should be.

He's not going to take shots away from Kyrie. Someone has to shoot and do stuff besides Kryie. He's not capable of the Lebron/Kobe on a bad team offense, man. They will both get theirs.

Phil never put Bynum ahead of Pau because Pau was the better player. But he's aged and slowed down since then. Hell, in the playoffs Bynum WAS the more focused played in Phil's last year. The transition was already being made.

lol are you high?

We didn't need to get younger, we needed to get better. Age is irrelevant.

FFS, Dallas won with an old ass team. Boston is old. Miami is pretty old, too. Spurs as well.

Nash was an elite PG on offense last year. We just went from Fisher (garbage) to Sessions (average) to Nash (elite). The jump in offense will be noticeable.

They already played the worst PG defense in the league, so Nash has no effect there.

Cloudy

Banned
You guys need to win while Kobe is still in pieces. Soon he may turn into the next injured version of T mac. WIN NOW.

Kobe is the least of my worries with this team. Nash will decrease his workload on offense but I don't really want to see Kobe chasing PGs anymore...

No. He sucked. Going after dragic/lowry via sign and trade would have been a more sound decision. Like i said, will see when the season starts. y'all can quote me on that.

What were we going to trade for Dragic/Lowry. Lowry got a lottery pick if you weren't aware.

And Nash is way better than either. You and Cloudy are weird as fuck.

Fantomex

Howard to the Lakers? Meanwhile the sports ticker at Wayne Manor...

plv6q.jpg

i will not stand for this injustice waged against nori

SAS maybe but not OKC. Not without adding an athletic PG or SF who can score a bit

Lakers nearly won games 2 and 4 (and should have). Nash flips those 2 games easily. You realize this, right? Nash and Dwight make it no contest. You don't think Nash and dwight change losing to a game winning 3 by Durant to a win?

Emwitus

My argument isn't that nash is not elite. Only that his style of play isn't really compatible with the make up of our team. Notice that nash, with good reason, has played with few if any versatile post-up centers/players. We have Pau/Bynum(fornow)/Kobe/Metta...all of whom start and play in the post quite a bit. Out of those only kobe can move decently off the ball. I don't know about metta. It might work, yes, but it's not as clear cut as people are making it out to be. I still don't see us beating the spurs.....maybe okc.

Add all this to the fact that he plays virtually no defense and has been turning the ball over quite a bit the last season.......yeah.

Cloudy

Banned
And Nash is way better than either.

Nash is not "way better" than either guy. Lowry was better last year till he got ill and Dragic is probably a better all-around player at this stage as well.

All I know is, we faced all 3 guys last year and those 2 hurt us more than Nash

Cloudy

Banned
Lakers nearly won games 2 and 4 (and should have). Nash flips those 2 games easily. You realize this, right? Nash and Dwight make it no contest. You don't think Nash and dwight change losing to a game winning 3 by Durant to a win?

Easily, huh? I hope I'm wrong but I think you are overstating Nash's impact. Also, I have no comment on Dwight. I am sick of that guy and he's not a Laker yet lol

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Nash is not "way better" than either guy. Lowry was better last year till he got ill and Dragic is probably a better all-around player at this stage as well.

you need help...

Nash shot 53% from the field avg over 10 ast and almost 13 ppg

Lowry shot almost 41% from the field almost 7 ast and 14 ppg

yeah..Nash almost did it in one less min per game..

Dwight's private indecision was super shitty, especially because of 24hour media. He's made lots of boneheaded plays and is trying to come off as a nice guy, while being a complete asshat.

With that said nothing will eclipse what LeBron openly did for 30 minutes on ESPN. Nothing.
What exactly did he do for 30 minutes? The decision was like 29 minutes of bad tv and like 1 min of "taking my talents to southbeach". The show itself was hardly the monster you make it out to be. And LBJ played his contract out. I don't see how trying to force your way to another team is better. At all.

Dwight just wanted out..the Lakers weren't even on his radar... So yeah your statement makes little sense when applied to the lakers

What does the Lakers have to do with anything? If he "just wanted out" he could have played another year or not opt-in. You gone act like he hasn't been trying to force his way to BK this whole time??

Blackace

Did you see how spurs demolished us last season?? Like completely picked us apart. The only reason we won one game against them is Metta went into cheat mode and every one was hitting 3s. Spurs scare me alot more than okc.

You are scared of an late in his career (but still solid) TD after getting D12?

that's a great way to judge it. Who scored more on Fisher?

http://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/201204070PHO.html
http://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/201202190PHO.html
http://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/201202170LAL.html

Only 44 combined assists in barely 95 minutes of game time. Nothing to even think about.

Lowry and Dragic had 49% and 52% efg% compared to Nash's 58%. And that 90% FT rate too...

Easily, huh? I hope I'm wrong but I think you are overstating Nash's impact. Also, I have no comment on Dwight. I am sick of that guy and he's not a Laker yet lol

So Nash over Ramon doesn't switch games won by a game winning shot? So Ramon is as good as Nash is what you're saying.

Blackace

What does the Lakers have to do with anything? If he "just wanted out" he could have played another year or not opt-in. You gone act like he hasn't been trying to force his way to BK this whole time??

I really don't know what you are trying say? dude was trying to force his way and failed.. so he is a bitch for that but that is the leverage he has..

Cloudy

Banned
you need help...

Nash shot 53% from the field avg over 10 ast and almost 13 ppg

Lowry shot almost 41% from the field almost 7 ast and 14 ppg

yeah..Nash almost did it in one less min per game..

I'm not big on fg% at all. I watch the games and Lowry was in the MVP race for the first month of the season and he'd have been an allstar if he didn't get ill. He impacts the game on BOTH ends and that's why he's better IMO

Blackace

You see the issue we had with the spurs wasn't TD, it was everyone else.

you have a PG now that makes TP work on D.. takes the ball of Kobe's gunning hands... and D12 to shore up the middle on D when Nash gets his ankles broke..

Did you see how spurs demolished us last season?? Like completely picked us apart. The only reason we won one game against them is Metta went into cheat mode and every one was hitting 3s. Spurs scare me alot more than okc.

The Spurs had killed OKC for like 5 of 6 games before game 3 rolled around. How did that turn out?

Regular season doesn't mean that much. I still think Lakers would have beaten Spurs in the WCF, they just couldn't beat OKC last year for the life of em.

I'm amazed at how often people continue to overrate regular season results even though the playoffs show that you can't rely on it like that.

Spurs might not have HCA next season. Calling it now.

Blackace

I'm not big on fg% at all. I watch the games and Lowry was in the MVP race for the first month of the season and he'd have been an allstar if he didn't get ill. He impacts the game on BOTH ends and that's why he's better IMO

You are Kobe fan so that makes sense..

But 53% for a PG is nuts.. neither get to the line that often so that means Lowry is taking worse shots there is no other to look at it..

Cloudy

Banned
you have a PG now that makes TP work on D.. takes the ball of Kobe's gunning hands... and D12 to shore up the middle on D when Nash gets his ankles broke..

I'd feel better about Nash with Howard but you guys are acting like this is a done deal lol

Emwitus

The Spurs had killed OKC for like 5 of 6 games before game 3 rolled around. How did that turn out?

Regular season doesn't mean that much. I still think Lakers would have beaten Spurs in the WCF, they just couldn't beat OKC last year for the life of em.

I'm amazed at how often people continue to overrate regular season results even though the playoffs show that you can't rely on it like that.

Spurs might not have HCA next season. Calling it now.

Match ups. We suck compared to okc. Like you watched those games, didn't you? The games after everyone was proclaiming the lakers were a legit contender cause of their fluke win in san-antonio. IMO, regular seasons mean quiet a bit when a team beats you convincingly two straight times.

Blackace

Match ups. We suck compared to okc. Like did you did watch those games didn't you? The games after everyone was proclaiming the lakers were a legit contender after their fluke win in san-antonio. IMO, regular seasons mean quiet a bit when a team beats you convincingly two straight times.

but the match ups are really different now if D12 comes and with Nash..

Emwitus

but the match ups are really different now if D12 comes and with Nash..

I guess so. But remember spurs play alot of small ball. Size doesn't matter if we are forced to react to that.....(mike brown lol). And like i was saying, unless we add good shooters that can move without the ball to our bench I don't see how much of an impact nash will have. Will have to wait and see tho.

Match ups. We suck compared to okc. Like did you did watch those games didn't you? The games after everyone was proclaiming the lakers were a legit contender after their fluke win in san-antonio. IMO, regular seasons mean quiet a bit when a team beats you convincingly two straight times.

Everyone said this about OKC until OKC rolled them 4 straight.

Matchups matter which is why Lakers couldn't beat OKC in the playoffs. Last year it was a terrible match up for them. San Antonio I think was a great matchup for 'em. I said it all last year we would beat SAS in the playoffs but lose to OKC. I'm not changing that now.

Fuck, SAS beat OKC twice in a row convincingly in the playoffs. And they still got rolled after.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/201202040SAS.html
http://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/201203160OKC.html

Also blew em out in the regular season twice. After OKC blew them out the 1st meeting. Sound familiar?

What is your excuse for OKC rolling 4 straight after losing 4 in a row with 3 in blowout fashion?

Blackace

Matchups matter which is why Lakers couldn't beat OKC in the playoffs. Last year it was a terrible match up for them. San Antonio I think was a great matchup for 'em. I said it all last year we would beat SAS in the playoffs but lose to OKC. I'm not changing that now.

Fuck, SAS beat OKC twice in a row convincingly in the playoffs. And they still got rolled after.

Also blew em out in the regular season twice. After OKC blew them out the 1st meeting. Sound familiar?

What is your excuse for OKC rolling 4 straight after losing 4 in a row in blowout fashion?

I don't really see what OKC winning has to do with the Lakers being able to beat the Spurs..

Emwitus

What is your excuse for OKC rolling 4 straight after losing 4 in a row in blowout fashion?

Okay, i don't think they beat okc convincingly in the playoffs. The first game they were up in the fourth quarter and manu went crazy. Second they almost blew them out and okc came back and almost won the game when Manu/parker went crazy again.

Again, OKC are matched up better with the spurs than us. They play small ball perfectly and have decent athleticism to reduce ball movement..........

I don't really see what OKC winning has to do with the Lakers being able to beat the Spurs..

He said Lakers couldn't beat SAS cuz they blew us out twice.

My point is that SAS blew out OKC twice in a row, then won the 1st two in the playoffs (one a blowout) and OKC still rolled them.

Regular season doesn't mean as much as he thinks it means, is my point. If OKC could lose 4 in a row to Spurs before turning it around, why couldn't Lakers? I never feared SAS in the playoffs (go back through my posts if need be) cuz I thought in a playoff setting they were perfect for Lakers to beat. Thought the opposite of OKC; that they would roll Lakers.

Okay, i don't think they bit okc convincingly in the playoffs. The first game they were up in the fourth quarter and manu went crazy. Second they almost blew them out and okc came back and almost won the game when Manu/parker went crazy again.

Again, OKC are matched up better with the spurs than us.

I edited it to be 3 blowouts. Yeah, OKC choked game 1 hard. And got rolled in game 2.

How can you say they match up better? I don't agree at all. Your evidence is the regular season, but OKC had the EXACT SAME situation. Blew them out 1st, got rolled twice. Then OKC lost 2 more times in the playoffs with one laugher of a 1st half. Lakers would have beaten SAS imo.

Blackace

He said Lakers couldn't beat SAS cuz they blew us out twice.

My point is that SAS blew out OKC twice in a row, then won the 1st two in the playoffs (one a blowout) and OKC still rolled them.

Regular season doesn't mean as much as he thinks it means, is my point. If OKC could lose 4 in a row to Spurs before turning it around, why couldn't Lakers? I never feared SAS in the playoffs (go back through my posts if need be) cuz I thought in a playoff setting they were perfect for Lakers to beat. Thought the opposite of OKC; that they would roll Lakers.

yeah, but his point were OKC matches up better with SAS.. not that the regular season means everything..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom