• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT2| Lakers Fans Despise Freedom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
People were gonna hate LA regardless, and drink our tears when LA was bounced from the playoffs. The Lakers are a successful Knicks.

They're the older brother who studied hard, became a doctor, married a victoria's secret model and won the lotto. While the Knicks are in their parents basement writing Sonic The Hedgehog fanfic and are going to school online to become a dental assistant.
Lakers are more like a smart kid born into an already affluent family. They make use of their situation. They work hard and reach higher heights.

Knicks are the dumbass useless brother who is kicked out of the house because of how badly he squandered his advantages/resources in life. Of course they still get pity checks in the mail from the parents, but then they blow it on shitty weed so what's the point.

That's absurd. The Heat collusion is way worse than swapping Bynum for Howard and Giving picks for Nash so he could stay close to his kids.

What the hell is worse about three free agents choosing to go play for the same team during free agency? Players trying to force their way to a new team while under contracts is alot more bitchmade.

linsivvi

I'll believe it only when the trade is announced. I don't believe Jason Richardson is a problem though, the Lakers could always just waive him.

What the hell is worse about three free agents choosing to go play for the same team during free agency? Players trying to force their way to a new team while under contracts is alot more bitchmade.

None of it is bitchmade. As this free agency period has shown us, most teams are run by idiots, so I don't blame the players for wanting to get the fuck away from the teams run by idiots to go to the teams run well. Sorry if I don't feel for Cleveland or Orlando for squandering their chance by being idiots.

Kevtones

Why are half of the threads in OT about feminism and white knighting?

There is a storm brewing...

I haven't even ventured into that indulg... travel thread...

If Zimmerman is acquitted, the Lakers get Dwight, and Mitt Romney is elected... we will probably get enough bannings to return to Golden-GAF.

Doomsayer

I haven't even ventured into that indulg... travel thread...

If Zimmerman is acquitted, the Lakers get Dwight, and Mitt Romney is elected... we will probably get enough bannings to return to Golden-GAF.

I can only hope.

It seems as if half of the threads created lately are blatant baiting threads.

I can't believe Gaby was perma'd. Utter idiocy.

Fuck you Steam sale. I finally caved and bought Skyrim.

Dwight's private indecision was super shitty, especially because of 24hour media. He's made lots of boneheaded plays and is trying to come off as a nice guy, while being a complete asshat.

With that said nothing will eclipse what LeBron openly did for 30 minutes on ESPN. Nothing.

Nelo Ice

Banned
If this is really going down. Saw it on CL though apparently it's from realgm.
QaKFk.jpg

Kurt Helin laying down some cold hard truths on Twitter right now.

Kurt Helin ‏@basketballtalk
Very different than him actually putting pen to paper RT @jacobsudek: @basketballtalk But Kurt, "There's a bank in every city." -Bynum

I love it. Again, 3-way deal talks preliminary, lots of Bynum concerns for one. RT @Troy_Lake: @Lakerholicz Haters will do what they do.

No, it doesn't. Bynum has to agree to extend, someone has to take J-Rich, etc. RT @Lakerholicz: @basketballtalk Gives them more leverage.

Lakers fans, realize that @JRudolphSports report doesn't bring deal any closer to reality. Lakers ready to move anyway, that's not holdup

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!

Dwight just wanted out..the Lakers weren't even on his radar... So yeah your statement makes little sense when applied to the lakers

Kevtones

I can only hope.

It seems as if half of the threads created lately are blatant baiting threads.

I can't believe Gaby was perma'd. Utter idiocy.

Fuck you Steam sale. I finally caved and bought Skyrim.

GAF passed its threshold. I'm sure there's a bunch of considerations but it's become less and less of a community. Feels like the d-list depot of esoteric gossip.

I like the mods though. Although I think they should randomly 'moderday' people as a competition before they move forward. Lots of bad tags lately.

Mxrz

So how does this make a deal any more likely when the Lakers were supposedly already certain they could convince Dwight to resign? I like the "Its the Magic being shady" stuff tho from Dwight's mouthpiece. Wonder if that was thought up by the image firm he hired a while back. Reads better than blackmailing at least.

Nelo Ice

Banned
Someone needs to lock the other thread.

I became confused as hell when I browsed through it.

Lol I didn't even realize I posted in the wrong thread.

Also cross posting from the other thread.

Rudolph was just on Yahoo Radio and he's basically said either Orlando is gonna accept the trade or they're going to act like they don't want to trade him. Cleveland and LA are ready to go. Basically said yeah Dwight hasn't handled everything perfectly but Orlando is making him look like a complete asshole. Also Dwight does not want to go to Houston even though he respects the organization but wants to win and LA has been in hot pursuit of Dwight the whole time.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Lol I didn't even realize I posted in the wrong thread.

Also cross posting from the other thread.

Rudolph was just on Yahoo Radio and he's basically said either Orlando is gonna accept the trade or they're going to act like they don't want to trade him. Cleveland and LA are ready to go. Basically said yeah Dwight hasn't handled everything perfectly but Orlando is making him look like a complete asshole. Also Dwight does not want to go to Houston even though he respects the organization but wants to win and LA has been in hot pursuit of Dwight the whole time.

You confused the crap out of me lol plus its 4 am here. so I thought it was me.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Yeah my bad I just saw an NBA thread and posted lol. Also doesn't help that the thread titles are nearly the same.

Yea it was the thread title, plus it was right at the top when I looked, but looking at the older thread it seems you didn't post first in it this morning. You were drawn into it by mistake as well.

Nelo Ice

Banned
Yea it was the thread title, plus it was right at the top when I looked, but looking at the older thread it seems you didn't post first in it this morning. You were drawn into it by mistake as well.

Lol yeah someone bumped it so of course it shot up to the top community and my subs. Now I've finally deleted it from my subs and hopefully it gets locked so more people don't accidentally bump it.

Dwight willing to come to LA and extend now? Finally got some sense knocked into his dumb ass.

Still, Orlando has to make a deal and who knows what the fuck they're thinking.

Dat less than 50% FG playing without Kobe & Pau.

Not a chance. And Kyrie will do well with him.

Dwight willing to come to LA and extend now? Finally got some sense knocked into his dumb ass.

Still, Orlando has to make a deal and who knows what the fuck they're thinking.

Not a chance. And Kyrie will do well with him.

I think they feel that its either let howard go, and keep some of the bad contracts, or trade howard now, and get rid of those bad contracts and gain some draft picks/varejao. They almost have no chance of getting anything better.

Bynum's percentages would probably go down a bit with an increased workload, as it does for everyone at the high end levels.

Lakers would lose his FT shooting in the 4th, though. That is an asset in close games. But the defense of D12 more than makes up for that, of course.

Cloudy

Banned
He's not the "man" in cleveland. Kyrie is the man. Bynum would be the "man" on the Bobcats of last year.

LMAO Bynum thinks he should be the man and he plays with Kobe and Pau. The hype has really gone to his head.

I think Kyrie is the better player but Bynum will come in there wanting 20+shots a night if he becomes a Cav

Bynum's percentages would probably go down a bit with an increased workload, as it does for everyone at the high end levels.

Lakers would lose his FT shooting in the 4th, though. That is an asset in close games. But the defense of D12 more than makes up for that, of course.

The Lakers are getting the whole package in Dwight. He will have to accept that role of not being the main go to man for offense and he has other people that can shoot now but of course he knows that since he is wanting to go to a contending team.

LMAO Bynum thinks he should be the man and he plays with Kobe and Pau. The hype has really gone to his head.

I think Kyrie is the better player but Bynum will come in there wanting 20+shots a night if he becomes a Cav

and considering the Cavs, he should get it (figuring in being fouled on some of those). It's just him and Kyrie on offense right now.

And Bynum should have been the #2 last year behind Kobe, which he was. Pau needs to transition to a #3 or I guess a #4 now with Nash.

Emwitus

and considering the Cavs, he should get it (figuring in being fouled on some of those). It's just him and Kyrie on offense right now.

And Bynum should have been the #2 last year behind Kobe, which he was. Pau needs to transition to a #3 or I guess a #4 now with Nash.

You mean in terms of being co-captain? Cause nash at 38 can't score at will anymore...especially going up against more athletic defenders. His a turnover machine now..............and dwight's offense sucks. We are once against stuck with soft pau.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom