• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT2| Lakers Fans Despise Freedom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doomsayer

If that trade happens, then LOL at people who said GMs were mad about superteams forming. That lockout was all about a cash grab. No one cares about competitive balance. It's never really existed in the NBA anyway.

I don't mind Dwight going to LA or BK. Anyone that grabs him is gonna have to compromise their bench, meaning they compromise their chances on the season. PEACE.

This post started off great, then proceeded to crash and burn.

Almost Pimp, almost.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
I was talking about teams in general haha. This ain't nothing new to the lakers.

I have no problem with teams like the Heat making their squad.. I do have a problem with fairly obvious the backdoor dealing that happened with the Heat

I was just going to post this. It's just another rumor in a long line of absurd bs rumors that have been going for what seems like a decade.

And I could care less if "Rudolph" says that. Dwight has mental issues and can change his mind 5 mins from now. His ego and small brain have gotten even worse.

God damn I wish this would just end already so we all can move on. Last December if you told me Dwight was headed to LA I would have said, "Figures" and been a little upset about it now I just don't give a shit. I'll help him pack.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
I refuse to believe that the Magic can't get something better out of a trade with the Rockets.

Seems like Les finally doesn't want to destroy his team to get Howard (esp with no idea if he will stay), at least according to his latest interview. Magic must be asking for too much.

Colonel Nasty, it really is f-ing absurd at this point.

Nelo Ice

Banned
Eric Pincus
I know @JRudolphSports personally and I know he's a solid guy w/ a close connection to Dwight Howard so while it's always difficult to make a deal, according to Jarrod, Howard is ready to commit long-term to the Lakers. I wrote some time ago LA was worried about his back but they've since done their due diligence & are confident in it. That's why we next ran my LAL/HOU/ORL article & the LAL/CLE/ORL article from @AlexKennedyNBA. Curious where we go from here and if doors can be walked through.

BELIEVE!

Eric Pincus ‏@EricPincus
And yes - Andrew now gains the leverage - and making any 2 or 3-team deal is .......... difficult

Eric Pincus ‏@EricPincus
And if that's what he's saying now, then there's a real chance for it - and then it could become who wants to bid the most for Bynum

Eric Pincus ‏@EricPincus
If Dwight says Lakers and Lakers only - that was the only way I saw him coming to LA

Dammit I hope Dwight doesn't go to the Lakers. My team's PF will almost assuredly flee there if this is the case

edit: hey my avatar's back, whoopee

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
also the 3rd team is suppose to be the Cavs who want AB so he can elbow LBJ in the lung

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
it wouldn't be a bad idea to move a few of the PFs who won't see PT to get AB..

Well I'd do that, but I can't see that happening. Three way trades always end up being such a cluster fuck.

If someone takes Kmart, then I'll take AB.

it wouldn't be a bad idea to move a few of the PFs who won't see PT to get AB..

Summer league has changed my mind on the forward army. Donuts or TJones can play center with the second unit. Royce White clearly isn't a power forward with the way he plays. No one else matters. Marcus Morris seems like the only odd man out.

Edit: the only way we do the Bynum move is if we give up Martin, the Tor pick, and ONE young forward (no Lamb). It's at least on par with what CLE is offering.

Omega

Banned
If this trade happens, all that bad blood LeBron created with the Decision will be completely gone.

He will be the one man everyone looks at to prevent this Laker team from winning another ring.

If this trade happens, all that bad blood LeBron created with the Decision will be completely gone.

He will be the one man everyone looks at to prevent this Laker team from winning another ring.

That's absurd. The Heat collusion is way worse than swapping Bynum for Howard and Giving picks for Nash so he could stay close to his kids.

squicken

Cavs involvement would mean Henny is dumber than Chris Wallace. There's no scenario where they are in good shape after the trade

SamuraiX-

Lamb has looked great but I have this weird feeling he'll bomb in the regular season.

I doubt he'll make it look as easy as he's done in SL, but he's too skilled to not be effective when the real season kicks off.

And ya'll should just drop it and go to bed now.

Let me just remind you that you're expecting the Cleveland Cavaliers to magically drop the hardass, douchebag shtick for this trade to go through and that just ain't happening.

To lighten the mood

scaled.php

Larry Coon posted this to twitter, supposedly The Wiz playing ping pong.

Omega

Banned
That's absurd. The Heat collusion is way worse than swapping Bynum for Howard and Giving picks for Nash so he could stay close to his kids.

You're right.

Only difference is it's the Lakers. They're like the Yankees of basketball, half the world hates them, the other half loves them.

No one wants to see these teams win.

Matrix

Lamb has looked great but I have this weird feeling he'll bomb in the regular season.

I don't at all. You don't bomb with shot like he has, he's a natural scorer. Now his D on the other hand.

Pimpwerx

Collusion is the wrong word. Players deciding where they want to play together isn't collusion. Pat Riley just made them an offer they can't refuse. Everyone except Joel Anthony took contracts below market value...even Miller. If it's collusion, it's our entire roster that colluded. PEACE.

You're right.

Only difference is it's the Lakers. They're like the Yankees of basketball, half the world hates them, the other half loves them.

No one wants to see these teams win.

People were gonna hate LA regardless, and drink our tears when LA was bounced from the playoffs. The Lakers are a successful Knicks.

They're the older brother who studied hard, became a doctor, married a victoria's secret model and won the lotto. While the Knicks are in their parents basement writing Sonic The Hedgehog fanfic and are going to school online to become a dental assistant.

Omega

Banned
People were gonna hate LA regardless, and drink our tears when LA was bounced from the playoffs. The Lakers are a successful Knicks.

They're the older brother who studied hard, became a doctor, married a victoria's secret model and won the lotto. While the Knicks are in their parents basement writing Sonic The Hedgehog fanfic and are going to school online to become a dental assistant.

:(

you could have used a different team.

squicken

Sorry bro but the Lakers were born on third base and the fans think they hit a triple

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom