• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT2| Lakers Fans Despise Freedom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emwitus

He said Lakers couldn't beat SAS cuz they blew us out twice.

My point is that SAS blew out OKC twice in a row, then won the 1st two in the playoffs (one a blowout) and OKC still rolled them.

Regular season doesn't mean as much as he thinks it means, is my point. If OKC could lose 4 in a row to Spurs before turning it around, why couldn't Lakers? I never feared SAS in the playoffs (go back through my posts if need be) cuz I thought in a playoff setting they were perfect for Lakers to beat. Thought the opposite of OKC; that they would roll Lakers.

I said we have match up nightmares with the spurs and they beat as terribly in the regular season. On our home floor and theirs. We can't guard 3 points shooters, can't guard penetrating pgs and can't force turnovers and therefore reduce ball movement. We ain't getting past the spurs as is.

yeah, but his point were OKC matches up better with SAS.. not that the regular season means everything..

going by this:

the games after everyone was proclaiming the lakers were a legit contender cause of their fluke win in san-antonio. IMO, regular seasons mean quiet a bit when a team beats you convincingly two straight times.

Spurs did that to OKC. Then added 2 more in the playoffs. And they still lost.

I'm trying to show him his claim is wrong. It shows the opposite, that it doesn't mean quite a bit.

I said we have match up nightmares with the spurs and they beat as terribly in the regular season. On our home floor and theirs. We can't guard 3 points shooters, can't guard penetrating pgs and can't force turnovers and therefore reduce ball movement. We ain't getting past the spurs as is.

Spurs did the same to OKC last year in the regular season too. Didn't matter.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Why are so many folks up anyways? You guys watching golf too?

Cause Lakers fans are 100% certain they have Howard, going by all their latest posts. * you dont count :p

Golf and girly anime... Konex you have become an old man with a fetish.

Emwitus

going by this:

Spurs did that to OKC. Then added 2 more in the playoffs. And they still lost.

I'm trying to show him his claim is wrong. It shows the opposite, that it doesn't mean quite a bit.

My claim is we match up horribly with the spurs and thats why we were beat horribly in the regular season.....and convincingly. Nothing in our final games made me think we could beat the spurs......Atleast against okc i saw some signs here and there that we could stop them defensively. I'm not trying to win any debate here just giving an opinion.

My claim is we match up horribly with the spurs and that why we were beat horribly in the regular season.....and convincingly. I'm not trying to win any debate here just giving an opinion.

Why did the Spurs beat OKC horribly in the regular season....and convincingly?

(also hilarious since Kobe didn't really play those games...the 2nd one he wasn't ready)

Emwitus

Why did the Spurs beat OKC horribly in the regular season....and convincingly?

(also hilarious since Kobe didn't really play those games...the 2nd one he wasn't ready)

No idea. Might have to look back at those games since i never watched them....all i know is they never beat them convincingly in either of the two playoff games they won.

No idea. Might have to look back at those games since i never watched them....all i know is they never beat them convincingly in either of the two playoff games they won.

Did you watch game 2? Was a 24 point lead in the 4th...

Either way, I've made my point. Your so called evidence means jack shit, as demonstrated by SAS doing the same shit to OKC as they did to the Lakers.

We'll just have to disagree on matching up but the regular season evidence has been refuted.

Anyway, I still say SAS will be worse next year and noticeably. I can see a 5th seed for them, honestly.

Emwitus

Did you watch game 2? Was a 24 point lead in the 4th...

Either way, I've made my point. Your so called evidence means jack shit, as demonstrated by SAS doing the same shit to OKC as they did to the Lakers.

We'll just have to disagree on matching up but the regular season evidence has been refuted.

Anyway, I still say SAS will be worse next year and noticeably. I can see a 5th seed for them, honestly.

Ok. Ya won lol. All in all. I think nash is still elite.....but the lakers need more pieces that complement his game. Maybe adjust the starting line up somehow and have either Metta or pau coming of the bench. I don't know......

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Ok. Ya won lol. All in all. I think nash is still elite.....but the lakers need more pieces that complement his game. Maybe adjust the starting line up somehow and have either Metta or pau coming of the bench. I don't know......

Metta off the bench would be good.. it really depends on D12 and what players get moved..

I think they should take Nash out earlier and bring him back in with Pau when Kobe goes out (and Drew).

I like the idea of a Nash-???-Ebanks (??)-Jamison-Pau lineup for non-Kobe unit. They obviously need another wing who can hit 3s. And Ebanks better be in the gym hoisting nothing but 3s.

That lineup won't be very good on D, but against other team's benched it won't have to be.

I woudn't bring MWP off the bench since he's a better shooter than Ebanks right now. Would really love Brandon Rush on this team...

Metta off the bench would be good.. it really depends on D12 and what players get moved..

If a SF 3 point shooter comes over, then yeah move MWP to the bench. But if not, they have to start him since he's better than Ebanks at the 3, who made a grand total of 0 last season.

Emwitus

True.. maybe mitch can waive his wand and Dwight brings along JJ. He is a decent 3 point shooter right? Heck, if orlando has any decent 3 point shooters under unwanted contracts throw them to LA.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
True.. maybe mitch can waive his wand and Dwight brings along JJ. He is a decent 3 point shooter right? Heck, if orlando has any decent 3 point shooters under unwanted contracts throw them to LA.

Turkey Glue... Euro LBJ!!!

doubt it since he's an expiring. Orlando holds on to him. And JRich can't play with Nash.

Lakers should try to get Casspi from Cleveland now that I think of it. If he can be even average, he could turn into a cash cow for the Lakers this season too. Plus he's a shooter, young, and athletic.

Emwitus

I think they should take Nash out earlier and bring him back in with Pau when Kobe goes out (and Drew).

I like the idea of a Nash-???-Ebanks (??)-Jamison-Pau lineup for non-Kobe unit. They obviously need another wing who can hit 3s. And Ebanks better be in the gym hoisting nothing but 3s.

I woudn't bring MWP off the bench since he's a better shooter than Ebanks right now. Would really love Brandon Rush on this team...

That might be a better scoring unit than our starting 5 lol. Neat. I've never seen rush's game tho.....How is he defensively?

And man, Are we going to get any dwight news anytime soon!! lol

That might be a better scoring unit than our starting 5 lol. Neat. I've never seen rush's game tho.....How is he defensively?

And man, Are we going to get any dwight news anytime soon!! lol

Rush is a big guard who slashes and shots 3s at a high percentage. Decent defender. Would be a huge pickup if Lakers could pull it off. Warriors probably match, unfortunately.

Probably not on Dwight. I'm not convinced he's coming, yet. Orlando waiting on Asik stuff IMO.

Mxrz

Since the Dwight / LA stuff hit tonight, I've browsed a couple of threads here and there, and I realized Chris Wallace is still has a lot to answer for.

Is it time for me to spaz yet? Has anything been confirmed? Also, I've been awake for like 40 hours. Don't ever have kids. They are evil little things sent to ruin your life.

diehard

Fleer
i love that the Lakers thinking they get Dwight will somehow make them better than the G-TIME Jazz.

It's G-TIME's time, face it Laker fans.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Ronnie Price is 29. LaMarcus is 27.

They are the oldest players on the team.

I'm gonna go drink.

Dwights mind is probably so blocked right now that all he sees at the end of the tunnel is a Lakers Uni, he has to want the deal to get done and probably isn't thinking about the Rockets.

Royce Young: Reports: Dwight Howard will re-sign with Lakers if traded to L.A.: http://cbsprt.co/MKccMq The first big step. Here's what has to happen next about 11 minutes ago
smith1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom