• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT2| Lakers Fans Despise Freedom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
So that Rockets insider from yesterday believes Dwight is heading to LA and like Murphy has been saying on radio this morning, it's all on Orlando if/when they move him.

Fucking Nelo, you had me about to LeBron sideline dance last night with that Dwight hype on steam last night.

How is it not a good question? 4 or 5 of that lineup is old slow and well past their prime. The fifth just came off back surgery. But don't let me stop the parade....

Easy, because most of the games were competitive. LA had 4th quarter leads and lost them.
Being old matters less in the playoffs, slow is also somewhat negated.

And I've said if his back is fine, we should do it--all sources are saying that they've done their due diligence, so it's all clear.

Putting Nash and Howard on a team is already ridiculous, then you add Pau and Kobe, it gets kinda absurd. Who do you double-team?
Not really a good question because it's a more natural fit than putting two wings together when one is clearly better than the other.

But this hasn't happened yet, so you can save your forthcoming salt until later.

Since when did it become cool to say Dwight isn't a great player?

Since they'd no longer be favorites if the trade went down.

Without injuries, that Laker team would be pretty heavy favorites. Nash is arguably the best offensive player in the NBA and Dwight is the best defender and rebounded and finisher and arguably the best low-post scorer in the NBA and then there's Kobe and Pau. OKC and SAS could still beat them though if they catch fire because the perimeter defense should be pretty bad and be covered up and thus ignored by the fact that Dwight will turn them into top 3 defensively in the regular season.

I don't think he gets traded to LA though. At least not in this scenario.

Dwight is better than everyone on your team not named LeBron. But true, I suppose Riley would retire Nash's jersey before Dwight.

He's better at being an offensively challenged and undersized center who skates by with a combination of extreme athleticism and playing a historically weak position in the league. Congrats?? Or???

Without injuries, that Laker team would be pretty heavy favorites. Nash is arguably the best offensive player in the NBA and Dwight is the best defender and rebounded and finisher and arguably the best low-post scorer in the NBA and then there's Kobe and Pau. OKC and SAS could still beat them though if they catch fire because the perimeter defense should be pretty bad and be covered up and thus ignored by the fact that Dwight will turn them into top 3 defensively in the regular season.

My hope is that we can pick some cheap speed on the wing, 1 guy getting easy Nash buckets would be fine. 1 slasher, 1 shooter.

But this is premature, we'll see. If we get him, ok; if not, ok.

LMAO.

He's better at being an offensively challenged and undersized center who skates by with a combination of extreme athleticism and playing a historically weak position in the league. Congrats?? Or???

You're too cute.

Who exactly on The Heat could even dream of slowing Dwight? His advantages would be magnified. Plus clogging the lane and protecting the rim would diminish Wade and Bron's biggest advantage. Forcing those guys to shoot Js again would be the death of Miami.

You realize that even by skating by he still plays at an MVP and DPOTY level every year right?

giga

He just dropped the Why Not?

is he a gaffer?

taVlC.png

SUPREME1

Banned

One of the most productive and dominant forces in the league is merely skating by y'all.

Yeah, Nash has only led many of the greatest offenses in NBA history and got his last two terrible Suns team to 11th overall in offense. Dwight is the highest volume postup scorer in the NBA IIRC and is kind of impossible to block as well and pretty efficient in the post and Dirk and LMA are more mid or high post players (though Dwight does turn it over too much)

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
I can't believe this shit I'm reading about Dwight in here. So fucking ridiculous. Like it boggles my mind how anybody who actually watches Dwight play can be saying that kind of stuff.

He has a bigger impact but I surely wouldn't want him anywhere on my team. Dude feasts on this weak ass league but he's still mediocre as fuck on offense.

Even if what you said is true....

the position is still weak...will remain weak for a while...and Thus he will always have that advantage...

meaning...he will always be pretty dominant.

I also find it pretty funny that a guy who's best center is Joel Anthony wouldn't want Dwight.

You know you don't always have to disagree with people, right?

iamshadowdork already on damage control i see.
Damage control? Im saying right now that if Dwight goes to LA they will still lose to OKC in 5 or 6. This is just like you all overrating the greatest team in NBA history™ when I told yall OKC was gonna get in that ass. But like I said plan your parade by all means bruh bruh
You realize that even by skating by he still plays at an MVP and DPOTY level every year right?

Like he should.

You're too cute.

Who exactly on The Heat could even dream of slowing Dwight? His advantages would be magnified. Plus clogging the lane and protecting the rim would diminish Wade and Bron's biggest advantage. Forcing those guys to shoot Js again would be the death of Miami.

Um dwight? If he doesn't have a few easy moves to make I love our chances. And Lebron averaged like 40 in a series against one of the top teams in the league anchored by Dwight and still beasts against Dwight teams to this day. Again Im not scared one bit....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom