• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT2| Lakers Fans Despise Freedom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because we play good D on entry passes. Dwight ain't catching to many gimmes against us and lol at him trying to make a move. And who the fuck would guard Bosh for that matter?

Bron will feast with Mettas stiff ass on him. Nash doesn't exactly fill it up these days either and with his recent trend of turnovers I don't really see him as much of a threat alone.

This is all irrelevant though because this lakers team doesn't make it past OKC...

Guard Bosh? Haha, like he's a hard cover. He's a faster Pau at this point, a Pau v Bosh is basically a wash.

He can get by Metta sure, thats why you give Bron space so he shoots or gamble and have Dwight play behind him, Orlando never had a defender half as good as Metta guard Bron as a first line of defense.

Nash gets 14 and 10 regularly and had .8 more TOs compared to his career average...such a TO machine. He averages half a TO more than Bron did last year.

You're fucking clown shoes man.

So much truth..

still doesn't change the fact that we're in era where Dwight is the best center in the league so this era talk is all meaningless.

I'm still laughing who think that Dwight and Nash wouldn't have made a difference in that OKC-LAL series. Oh well I guess it doesn't matter as we'll see either way next year though it's not certain Dwight will go to LA.

That doesn't make him great, that make him the golden turd.

HAHAHA a dude averaging 21-15 for a season is golden turd lol.

That doesn't make him great, that make him the golden turd.

Then i guess LeBron isn't that good either.

Since all he has is a size, speed and athletic advantage and that Pippen would shit in his Wheaties back in the day.

Who cares if Hakeem and Prime Shaq would destroy Dwight. NEWSFLASH : Not many dudes stopped them back then too....unless I guess they suck too because they never played Bill Russell or Wilt....who also sucked because they never posted up Jesus and God.

Regardless of his skills, the fact remains Dwight is the best center in the game RIGHT NOW and because if that having him means you have a massive advantage over the competition.

I'm not even saying the Lakers would be the favorites (Nash will still get sodomized by YNB...just like Fisher and Sessions) but to write Dwight off because centers if the past were better is some dumbass hipster shit.

The talk of Dwight as a Laker not making a difference against OKC and Miami is actually kinda making me want to see it happen. While what pimp and lark are saying about the NBA being perimeter dominated is true, I think Nash/Pau/Dwight playing together could alter that truth a bit.

Since all he has is a size, speed and athletic advantage and that Pippen would shit in his Wheaties back in the day.

Who cares if Hakeem and Prime Shaq would destroy Dwight. NEWSFLASH : Not many dudes stopped them back then too....unless I guess they suck too because they never played Bill Russell or Wilt....who also sucked because they never posted up Jesus and God.

Regardless of his skills, the fact remains Dwight is the best center in the game RIGHT NOW and because if that having him means you have a massive advantage over the competition.

I'm not even saying the Lakers would be the favorites (Nash will still get sodomized by YNB...just like Fisher and Sessions) but to write Dwight off because centers if the past were better is some dumbass hipster shit.

Mitch is gonna get Jesus for future picks and Steve Blake.

Guard Bosh? Haha, like he's a hard cover. He's a faster Pau at this point, a Pau v Bosh is basically a wash.

He can get by Metta sure, thats why you give Bron space so he shoots or gamble and have Dwight play behind him, Orlando never had a defender half as good as Metta guard Bron as a first line of defense.

Nash gets 14 and 10 regularly and had .8 more TOs compared to his career average...such a TO machine. He averages half a TO more than Bron did last year.

WTF is this shit? Bosh dropped 40/18 on the best Dwight Magic team ever. He's better than Pau has ever been. Fuck out of here.

Nash has led turnovers in the league twice also had the league high 5.6 turnovers last year with Kobe not far behind. MIA and OKC would FEAST on that shit.

I rather be "clown shoes" than be a delusional fuck like you all LMAO.

The whole era arguement thing makes sense for comparing Dwight to other C's in NBA history, but using it to try and take away from how impactful he is today is just stupid.

And yes he is top 2 in the league.

All Lebron is, is one of the most skilled players in league history with an athletic advantage over at least 98% of players. Even Pippen bowed down. ("He played the game, he actually knows" )

What was your point again?

charsace

All Lebron is, is one of the most skilled players in league history with an athletic advantage over at least 98% of players. Even Pippen bowed down. ("He played the game, he actually knows" )

Lebron is far from being one of the most skilled players ever. He is most likely the best pure athlete the league has seen and has some guard skills. But if he's one of the most skilled players ever what dos that make Kobe, Nash, Paul, Deron, Carmelo and a whole bunch of other guys?

Alex Kennedy: Dwight Howard will sign a long-term deal with the Lakers if dealt to Los Angeles, source confirms. My man @Jarrod Rudolph reported it first. about 7 minutes ago
what's the fucking hold up.

Tommy Dee: The latest I have on the Howard talks is that Orlando hasn't spoken to howard and will do so before making any deal. about 23 minutes ago
oh right.
so basically, hennigan will try an 11th hour conversation with dwight to stay, and if not, trade is done in principal?

Pimpwerx

Our closing lineup will be Wade/Ray/Shane/Bron/Bosh

You think Bosh is an easy cover? He's not an easy cover at PF, and he's even tougher at C. He'll drift out to the arc and Dwight will have no choice but to follow, because that closing lineup is full of shooters. Hell...Wade might be the worst shooter in that lineup. :lol: Just think about that.

Dwight will be dragged out of the paint. Metta will have to guard Bron, because Pau couldn't dream of doing it in a million years. Pau will then be forced to guard Shane, which he couldn't do even half as good as Durant or Ibaka did. Nash probably hides on Ray, since he can't stay in front of Wade. Kobe and Wade wage the battle of the repaired knees. Someone's getting an open look somewhere, and we'll have shooters at every position

On the other end, Ray will have to hide on Nash...that's not exactly a good thing. I'm assuming Spo does the obvious thing and traps Nash to get the ball out of his hands quickly to marginalize that matchup. Kobe and Wade wade the battle of the repaired knees. Metta...lol. Shane probably catches a few World Peace elbows after face-guarding him. Bron probably front Pau and forces him out to the high-post, where it's jump city, jumpshot city bitch. Bosh will have to avoid fouling Dwight, but should be able to mitigate this with his performance on the other end.

Don't get me wrong, Lakers are better for sure. WCF good with Dwight. However, they have more matchup issues than us. We handled the frontcourt of Bynum+Pau just fine. Nash is the bigger difference maker IMO. PEACE.

Lebron is far from being one of the most skilled players ever. He is most likely the best pure athlete the league has seen and has some guard skills. But if he's one of the most skilled players ever what dos that make Kobe, Nash, Paul, Deron, Carmelo and a whole bunch of other guys?

None of them are as skilled as he is on both sides of the ball. I mean what does that make them?

WTF is this shit? Bosh dropped 40/18 on the best Dwight Magic team ever. He's better than Pau has ever been. Fuck out of here.

Nash has led turnovers in the league twice also had the league high 5.6 turnovers last year with Kobe not far behind. MIA and OKC would FEAST on that shit.

Bosh was never better and will never be better than 09-10 Gasol.

You're going by per48 minutes hahah, James has 4.5 and Wade has 3.8. Making Nash and Kobe have a total of <2 more TO per 48 minutes.

Fucking clown shoes.

cmon bruh, if prime wade and bosh were what they used to be they'd have two rings in a row right now.

I don't like the Pau/Bosh matchup at all. That puts him in PNR defensive situations which he's awful at and he's not good at contesting perimeter shooters at all.

There's no doubt in my mind that the Heat would have to play small. They'd like to force Dwight to guard one of LBJ/Bosh to take him away from the basket and live with Bosh defending Dwight straight up in the post and hope that Pau turns into a ghost against LBJ defensively. 50/50 on whether that works.

If the Heat stay big with Anthony/Bosh PF/C they are going to get destroyed because it's too simple for the Lakers bigs to own on the boards and inside without a stretch 4 to take Howard away from the rim.

Edit:
pimp said:
Don't get me wrong, Lakers are better for sure. WCF good with Dwight. However, they have more matchup issues than us. We handled the frontcourt of Bynum+Pau just fine. Nash is the bigger difference maker IMO. PEACE

Scrub Fish at point with a Bynum/Pau frontcourt was always awful and never worked even with Phil Jax coaching the triangle. It's a whole different ball game with Nash/Pau/Dwight. Dwight actually passes out of doubles and makes his moves significantly quicker than Bynum, is much better at drawing fouls and his first step off the post is going to cause stronger doubles than anything Bynum is capable of.

Nash has to create every shot for his team while he's in the game. It kind of matters more than the Suns were awesome offensively when he's playing despite a terrible supporting cast.

I'm not going down this rabbit hole with you...

Dwight's advantage is pretty big and is why he is highly sought after and would be valuable to any team. Using the whole "bu-but there are no other centers or Hakeem would destroy him" excuse is meaningless because the fact remains that there is no other center worth a damn in the league and by having Dwight on your team you have an advantage every damn night...which is pretty huge.

Just like LeBron always have an advantage...so does Dwight.

it's not that hard to grasp.

Pimpwerx

Scrub Fish at point with a Bynum/Pau frontcourt was always awful and never worked even with Phil Jax coaching the triangle. It's a whole different ball game with Nash/Pau/Dwight. Dwight actually passes out of doubles and makes his moves significantly quicker than Bynum, is much better at drawing fouls and his first step off the post is going to cause stronger doubles than anything Bynum is capable of.

Something I didn't even think about with the matchups is that Dwight might not even be closing games. In close games, would the Lakers really leave Dwight out there? Cheese or not, Hack-A-Dwight is gonna be an issue. PEACE.

Go watch old films of Bill Russel, and the centers he played against, and tell me how "skilled" they were compared to later generations of players. Maybe he would have been as dominant now as was then with modern advancements in fitness and nutrition, or maybe he would have been Gerald Wallaxe. Same thing with Dwight. Maybe if he came up in the 80s and early 90s playing against better comp like Ewing, Robinson, Hakeem, ect... Would have pushed him to be that much better and be every bit as great as those guys. Ultimately we have no idea which is why it's dumb to compare players of different eras like that in these hypothetical one on one scenarios.

Bosh was never better and will never be better than 09-10 Gasol.

You're going by per48 minutes hahah, James has 4.5 and Wade has 3.8. Making Nash and Kobe have a total of <2 more TO per 48 minutes.

Fucking clown shoes.
FUCK OUT OF HERE. 10 wasn't even his best season and Bosh has had 5 season better than what was his best season. But But Clown shoes.

Delusional ass Laker Clowns.
cmon bruh, if prime wade and bosh were what they used to be they'd have two rings in a row right now.

I don't like the Pau/Bosh matchup at all. That puts him in PNR defensive situations which he's awful at and he's not good at contesting perimeter shooters at all.

There's no doubt in my mind that the Heat would have to play small. They'd like to force Dwight to guard one of LBJ/Bosh to take him away from the basket and live with Bosh defending Dwight straight up in the post and hope that Pau turns into a ghost against LBJ defensively. 50/50 on whether that works.

If the Heat stay big with Anthony/Bosh PF/C they are going to get destroyed because it's too simple for the Lakers bigs to own on the boards and inside without a stretch 4 to take Howard away from the rim.
Small ball has always been the Heats best attack.
Nash has to create every shot for his team while he's in the game. It kind of matters more than the Suns were awesome offensively when he's playing despite a terrible supporting cast.
dat spin

Dwight is a poor man's David Robinson but he is the best Center in the league which isn't saying much because the center position has become a joke in today's league
Also he's gonna have to deal with MIKE FUCKING BROWN

I'm hoping the trade goes through. After the Thunders disappearing act I have no faith in them being able to beat the Heat. Lakers/Heat would be absolutely fantastic from a storyline perspective and probably goes 7.

I'm sleeping on the Spurs but can they do it again?

Heat beat pretty much anyone else in either conference, Nets/OKC/Spurs included.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom