• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT2| Lakers Fans Despise Freedom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Andrew Bynum's agent, David Lee, was surprised to read a recent report indicating his interest in signing a new deal with the Cavaliers.
"When I read it online I was in Alaska with Andrew and his family," said Lee. "I was taken aback by the list considering there is nobody in anybody’s camp he could’ve been talking to. I have no idea where that came about."

The Cavaliers have been involved in multi-team Dwight Howard/Bynum trade talks involving the Lakers and Magic.

The Yahoo! report also included the Mavericks as a team Bynum would be interested in signing with.

Read more: http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/222495/Agent_Bynum_Doesnt_Have_Cavaliers_On_List#ixzz216LxrhVq

MULTIPLE SOURCES

linsivvi

WTF? TO/48? Who the hell use that stupid stats?

These are the top 10 TO/48 among eligible players last season:
Nash, Deron, Wall, Kyrie, Westbrook, Rondo, Andre Miller, Durant, Kaman, Rubio

Yep, it's a very telling stats and they are absolutely turnover machines.

My brain hurts reading that guy's posts.

Fun fact: Nash was #11 in Assist/TO ratio last season.

Lakers will be lucky to get past OKC. People forget that just a month ago, they were penciling OKC in as a dynasty, despite Dwight being on the move. They haven't grabbed anyone noteworth in FA, but they were head and shoulders above the rest of the west last season.

The problem for the Lakers is that OKC's strengths are LA's weaknesses, and it's not like OKC has a frontcourt that's gonna struggle against Dwight+Pau. Perk+Iblocka is a solid frontcourt, and they have the best backcourt in the league. Nash, Kobe and Metta can do nothing to stop Russ, Harden and Durant. And it's not like Dwight blocking the paint is something that's gonna scare them. They can kill you from the perimeter. PJ3 was also a nice addition to an already solid bench, and they should have Maynor back.

What's gonna happen when OKC gets Dwight in foul trouble quickly? There's no bench. Pau gonna make up the difference? Career role player Jamison? Dwight can go to BK or LA...it's not gonna make a difference. It's not like he's a big improvement over Bynum either. Miami and OKC will still be the teams to beat this season. Lakers should make the WCF though...unless they have chemistry issues. PEACE.

The Heat also have strengths that directly correlate with the Lakers' weaknesses. The Lakers are going to be a slow, plodding team and OKC and the Heat will run on them at every given chance. The Heat are loaded with three point shooters and perimeter players that can get at the basket at will.

Steve Nash has the 16th most turnovers(pure TOs that is) ever. He has lead the league twice in pure turnovers(both within the last five years)

My head hurts from all the spinning you clowns do...

The Heat also have strengths that directly correlate with the Lakers' weaknesses. The Lakers are going to be a slow, plodding team and OKC and the Heat will run on them at every given chance. The Heat are loaded with three point shooters and perimeter players that can get at the basket at will.

blasphemy

Jonm1010

Banned
Who needs to pass the ball when you got swag doe?

Davis is gonna be happy to see how Swag Rivers swags them back to the lottery.

I need to give it to rivers, he's embraced the role of being a distributor so far......I just don't see it working out any time soon. Watching his two summer league games he has a loooonnnnggg ways to go.

I think it's gonna be Vasquez starting with rivers getting back up minutes next season.

I need to give it to rivers, he's embraced the role of being a distributor so far......I just don't see it working out any time soon.

I think it's gonna be Vasquez starting with rivers getting back up minutes next season.

He got his ass kicked last game I saw (Dude were hitting him hard as shit) so hopefully he's finding out that his brand of throw yourself into dudes won't work for him. This is a learning situation, he's young enough that if he wants to he can learn from this and get better.

Or he can do it the Evan Turner way and pout when his coach realizes that the shit he got away in HS and college won't work anymore and sits his ass down.

Who knows.

linsivvi

Steve Nash has the 16th most turnovers(pure TOs that is) ever. He has lead the league twice in pure turnovers(both within the last five years)

John Stockton is #2
Jason Kidd is #3
Isiah Thomas is #5
Magic is #8

Fucking clown.

John Stockton is #2
Jason Kidd is #3
Isiah Thomas is #5
Magic is #8

Fucking clown.

WTF is this supposed to mean?

He's an all time great PG but TOs are TOs. You think MIA or OKC won't feast off this slow ass team with that shit or what? There's gotta be some reason you are blatantly ignoring that running off TOs is what the Top Two contenders get off on....

I need to give it to rivers, he's embraced the role of being a distributor so far......I just don't see it working out any time soon. Watching his two summer league games he has a loooonnnnggg ways to go.

I still don't understand why you traded Jack. Was it to convince Gordon that Rivers wasn't drafted to play the 2?

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes

Top 10 Turnovers (career)

Karl Malone
Moses Malon
John Stockton
Julius Erving
Jason Kidd
Artis Gilmore
Isiah Thomas
Hakeem Olajuwon
Patrick Ewing
Magic Johnson

The common thread? All of them are HoFers. Seven of them were voted 50 Best of All Time.

Kindly, shut the fuck up.

linsivvi

He's an all time great PG but TOs are TOs. You think MIA or OKC won't feast off this slow ass team with that shit or what? There's gotta be some reason you are blatantly ignoring that running off TOs is what the Top Two contenders get off on....

Will you switch on your brain for a second, assuming you have one?

PGs have the ball in their hand most of the time. Of course they will have more turnovers than most players. What you're arguing is playing against Nash, Deron and most top PGs ever will be an advantage for the Heat while playing against Derek Fisher, who is #2 in LOWEST TO/48 among eligible PGs last season would hurt the Heat.

Thread clown.

Top 10 Turnovers (career)

Karl Malone
Moses Malon
John Stockton
Julius Erving
Jason Kidd
Artis Gilmore
Isiah Thomas
Hakeem Olajuwon
Patrick Ewing
Magic Johnson

The common thread? All of them are HoFers. Seven of them were voted 50 Best of All Time.

Kindly, shut the fuck up.
L.M.A.O

Hey I get to post the same post twice

Nash's 3.7 TOs a game will be the end of LA but if they get Dwight he's too clumsy to take advantage of Joel Anthony and MIA interior pass defense.

Clown shoes.

Will you switch on your brain for a second, assuming you have one?

PGs have the ball in their hand most of the time. Of course they will have more turnovers than most players. What you're arguing is playing against Nash, Deron and most top PGs ever will be an advantage for the Heat while playing against Derek Fisher, who is #2 in LOWEST TO/48 last season would hurt the Heat.

Thread clown.

Fisher is a scrub who doesn't play.

Its funny how I can think sounder than your retard ass with my brain off....

The point is that it's not really a relevant stat. Not all TOs are the passer's fault.

Nash passing to Pau, Dwight, Kobe, etc probably means that he's not going to cough up the rock as much. And they can all finish.

Same with Dwight passing out--he can throw it multiple people who can shoot, drive, pass, and penetrate better than anyone on his squad now. Hacking Dwight to put Nash, Kobe and others in the penalty--because they will almost certainly draw fouls, is just dumb.

We've gone from "they might not gel" to "D12 would've been eaten in other eras" to "Nash is a turnover machine" to "Too old!".

We get it, you're shook. Just come out and say it. It's a better option than pretending otherwise with these lolarguments.

reilo

L.M.A.O

Hey I get to post the same post twice

You know where Steve Nash ranks in assists ALL-TIME?

Kindly, shut the fuck up. He's gonna be #2 before it's all said and done (behind Stockton). He'll pass Magic and Mark Jackson this year for #3 and Kidd next year for #2.

linsivvi

Let me say this again in case it's not clear enough.

TO/48, 2011-12 season:
Steve Nash: 5.6
Derek Fisher: 2.3

Fisher is a scrub who doesn't play.

Its funny how I can think sounder than your retard ass with my brain off....

Nash played 31.6 minutes last season, Fisher played 23.9 minutes.

Try again, retard.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
SpearsNBAYahoo
Celtics to acquire G Courtney Lee from Rockets in a sign and trade sending back F JaJuan Johnson, sources tell Y! Details being finalized.

Celtics got a better team than last year.

Fun fact: Nash was #11 in Assist/TO ratio last season.
Chris Kaman, NBA PG

edit: fuck, celts got Lee?

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
Let me say this again in case it's not clear enough.

TO/48, 2011-12 season:
Steve Nash: 5.6
Derek Fisher: 2.3

How about you show some usage rate? That's the true story. Obviously Nash held the ball more than Fish during his minutes. Nash's better comparison is probably someone like Rose who holds the ball constantly.

reilo

Steve Blake averages 2TO/36

Blake > Nash

Blake has a 17TOV% to Nash's 20%

Blake > Nash

linsivvi

How about you show me some usage rate? That's the true story. Obviously Nash held the ball more than Fish during his minutes. Nash's better comparison is probably someone like Rose who holds the ball constantly.

How about you follow the conversation before you jump in?

Nash was #1 in TO/48, Deron was #2. It's a meaningless stats everyone else but the shadowdork is saying. So what are you trying to argue here?

Jonm1010

Banned
I still don't understand why you traded Jack. Was it to convince Gordon that Rivers wasn't drafted to play the 2?
Cap relief I assume.

I'm hoping there is some logic to it, because even though he's kind of an asshole chucker at times, he could of been a decent mentor. And frankly I think we could of gotten better later on.

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
How about you follow the conversation before you jump in?

Nash was #1 in TO/48, Deron was #2. It's a meaningless stats everyone else but the shadowdork is saying. So what are you trying to argue here?

Arguing on your side...just want to see more evidence that would help your case...

reilo

Durant kind of is a turnover machine (the other guys mentioned aren't)

It's really only a worrisome stat if you turn it over when you aren't a primary ballhandler (which KD kind of isn't). The exception being big men, in my opinion.

linsivvi

Durant kind of is a turnover machine (the other guys mentioned aren't)

Yeah I guess I should've just listed PGs. It's like a who's who list of top PGs except CP3, which makes you appreciate his ballhandling skills even more.

Arguing on your side...just want to see more evidence that would help your case...

Well, I would say the traditional assist/TO ratio would be good enough, and in that case Rose is #16 among PGs (pretty good for a scoring PG).

Jonm1010

Banned
He got his ass kicked last game I saw (Dude were hitting him hard as shit) so hopefully he's finding out that his brand of throw yourself into dudes won't work for him. This is a learning situation, he's young enough that if he wants to he can learn from this and get better.

Or he can do it the Evan Turner way and pout when his coach realizes that the shit he got away in HS and college won't work anymore and sits his ass down.

Who knows.

I think the fact that rivers has known Monty for most of his life will help mitigate some of that.....at least I hope.

Still I'm not optimistic given he's never played the position ad spent his life trying to be Kobe Bryant even though he has none of the advantages that make Kobe Kobe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom