• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT2| Lakers Fans Despise Freedom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Awesome

Banned
People joke on them but the Knicks would be the only team in the league to match up with the Lakers if they get Howard, Heat would have their hands full.

Dwight is a poor man's David Robinson but he is the best Center in the league which isn't saying much because the center position has become a joke in today's league
Also he's gonna have to deal with MIKE FUCKING BROWN

who gives a shit...

I guess Kobe and Wade suck too because the SG position is ass too?

That is not a legit critique of Dwight.

it's basically saying "Stay Free Dwight, you were born too late loser". If anything being the only remaining center would make having him a great thing...like seriously wtf is wrong with some of you?

KingGondo

Banned
I'm hoping the trade goes through. After the Thunders disappearing act I have no faith in them being able to beat the Heat. Lakers/Heat would be absolutely fantastic from a storyline perspective and probably goes 7.

I'm sleeping on the Spurs but can they do it again?

Heat beat pretty much anyone else in either conference, Nets/OKC/Spurs included.
You're acting like the OKC/Miami series was a blowout.

The games were close even with OKC's supporting cast playing terribly and Miami's playing out of its mind.

The games were close even with OKC's supporting cast playing terribly and Miami's playing out of its mind.

Even in defeat you still cling to this weak shit? You were posting this type shit after every loss. You don't lose in 5 by luck...

Edit:

Moris I still want to hear about how the 16 worst turnover(er?) in the league is gonna take you clowns to the promised land...

FUCK OUT OF HERE. 10 wasn't even his best season and Bosh has had 5 season better than what was his best season

You're basing that on PPG? lulz.

Bosh has had two season shooting above .500 in his nine years, none of which in Miami.

Pau has had 1 season below .500 in his 11 years.

Bosh is not, nor was he ever as good a player as Prime Pau.

Something I didn't even think about with the matchups is that Dwight might not even be closing games. In close games, would the Lakers really leave Dwight out there? Cheese or not, Hack-A-Dwight is gonna be an issue. PEACE.

Works real well when Dwights second option is Hedo or Shard. Wouldn't be smart to intentionally put your team in the penalty when you're up against as many offensive options as the Lakers have.

who gives a shit...

I guess Kobe and Wade suck too because the SG position is ass too?

That is not a legit critique of Dwight.

it's basically saying "Stay Free Dwight, you were born too late loser". If anything being the only remaining center would make having him a great thing...like seriously wtf is wrong with some of you?
That's what I was trying to get at. A certain poster ahem was saying that he is trash or some other nonsense and I was just trying to point out that he's better than Haslem, Joel, and Pitthug combined.

Pimpwerx

Sorry, Gondo. The same rule applies to your squad. There's no moral victory in getting stomped in 5. PEACE.

KingGondo

Banned
Even in defeat you still cling to this weak shit? You were posting this type shit after every loss. You don't lose in 5 by luck...
I know better than to argue with you.

I'll wait for someone reasonable to come along.

Pimpwerx said:
Sorry, Gondo. The same rule applies to your squad. There's no moral victory in getting stomped in 5. PEACE.
Hmm... I guess you're reasonable... compared to Shadowdork.

You never saw me arguing that OKC "stomped" Dallas or the Lakers just because the series were over in 4 and 5, respectively. I'm capable of more nuanced analysis than that.

Anyone who watched both series knew that the teams were fairly evenly matched, with it coming down to which team got the best performance out of their role players or made plays down the stretch.

The bottom line is that 4 out of the 5 games were close, with Miami winning 3 of those 4 because of stuff like Harden missing a point-blank layup, Durant not getting a call at the end of game 2, and guys like Battier and Norris Cole becoming Jesus Shuttlesworth times 2.

Believe me, I'm not arguing for moral victory--that's how playoff series are decided. But those who are arguing that OKC was "blown out" in the series (and that they wouldn't stand a chance in a rematch) are ignoring context and what actually happened in each game, and just looking at the 4-1 series rally.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
People joke on them but the Knicks would be the only team in the league to match up with the Lakers if they get Howard, Heat would have their hands full.

Knicks can't even match up wh the worst team of all time

You're basing that on PPG? lulz.

Bosh has had two season shooting above .500 in his nine years, none of which in Miami.

Pau has had 1 season below .500 in his 11 years.

Bosh is not, nor was he ever as good a player as Prime Pau.

Yea because .49 is so much worse? Keep choking dat chicken clown shoes.

Pau <<<<<<<Bosh

only your delusional ass would say otherwise

They were close but it's hard to give OKC much of a shot when you have to just rely on them having more experience and simply shooting higher percentages. They looked like they just couldn't solve the Heats small unit and I don't have faith in Brooks to magically be able to deal with that, especially with the addition of Ray.

Pimpwerx

Honestly, the only reason small ball works for us is because of Bron. Without him being able to guard PFs, and occasionally centers, we wouldn't be able to run with 2 wings next to the Big3. However, because of it, we can create matchup problems for every team. PEACE.

701.png

Yea because .49 is so much worse? Keep choking dat chicken clown shoes.

Pau <<<<<<<Bosh

only your delusional ass would say otherwise
No, I think only a moron would say Bosh is better than Pau ever was.

Let's take a look

Bosh: 45.9, 47.1, 50.5, 49.6, 48.7, 51.8, 49.6, 48.7
Pau: 51.8, 51, 48.2, 51.4, 50.3, 53.8, 53.4, 56.7, 53.6, 52.9, 50.1

If Bosh was as good or better than Pau, bron would have two rings right now.

Pimpwerx

Let's take a look

Pau: 51.8, 51, 48.2, 51.4, 50.3, 53.8, 53.4, 50.1, 58.9, 56.7, 53.6, 52.9, 50.1

Bosh and Wade did fine in the 2011 Finals. It was Bron and the bench that didn't show up. PEACE.

Let's take a look

Pau: 51.8, 51, 48.2, 51.4, 50.3, 53.8, 53.4, 50.1, 58.9, 56.7, 53.6, 52.9, 50.1

So now FG percentage is the end all-be-all or????

Just quit dude...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom