• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT2| Lakers Fans Despise Freedom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SUPREME1

Banned
Ken Berger ‏@KBergCBS

Adam Silver says it's "likely" some sort of plan for jersey advertisements would be implemented next season.

Wow. Guess I don't really care but it does screw the aesthetics of the uniforms.

Nets selling their jerseys like jigga did his soul.

Ken Berger ‏@KBergCBS

Adam Silver says it's "likely" some sort of plan for jersey advertisements would be implemented next season.

Wow. Guess I don't really care but it does screw the aesthetics of the uniforms.

I don't mind it in futbol, but it's horrible the way the wnba has implemented it.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Ken Berger ‏@KBergCBS

Ticket prices still go up.

The Celtics will always scare me and at this point they are just annoying and I just want them to go away

In other news I miss our Pacers fans, I wish I could be educated about the value of Roy Hibbert's max contract

Beware. Celtics have a healthy wilcox,avery. Added jason terry and lee.

squicken

Ken Berger ‏@KBergCBS

Stern says new CBA means teams will be judged by "M" word -- "management, not market and not money."

not enough lols exist

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
I guess I am from a different mold that's okay with jersey sponsors. I grew up watching football and Formula 1, which are plastered with it. It didn't degrade the game or take away from the purity of it all.

And each and every one of those leagues is tenfold healthier than the NBA could imagine being. Increased revenue/sponsorship (if it makes all teams profitable) would help close the parity gap -- even for a little bit.

Ken Berger ‏@KBergCBS

Stern says new CBA means teams will be judged by "M" word -- "management, not market and not money."

not enough lols exist

Jeremy Lin saga kind of proves his point. But that still might be the exception.

pilonv1

I guess I am from a different mold that's okay with jersey sponsors. I grew up watching football and Formula 1, which are plastered with it. It didn't degrade the game or take away from the purity of it all.

And each and every one of those leagues is tenfold healthier than the NBA could imagine being. Increased revenue/sponsorship (if it makes all teams profitable) would help close the parity gap -- even for a little bit.

I'm from that background too, and in some sports it's shocking and the amount of jersey churn is disgusting. I don't mind this as long as the 2x2 patches are the only advertising.

A 2x2 patch is nothing, most of them will probably be Nike/Adidas/etc so it shouldn't be too bad.

squicken

They're both equally irrelevant, I think.

Yes, I did see the MLS attendance figures thread. No, I still don't care. Call me when teams make more money than AAA baseball.

I'll care when they can get some world class talent to play here. Not past their prime guys but legit stars. Speaking of soccer

Ken Berger ‏@KBergCBS

Flopping and away-from-the-ball fouls were discussed and referred to the competition committee for more discussion at the September meeting.

Jeremy Lin saga kind of proves his point. But that still might be the exception.

Oddly, I have no feeling either way.

Parity-wise, the most successful teams can still charge more since they'll be on TV more often.

reilo

I'm from that background too, and in some sports it's shocking and the amount of jersey churn is disgusting.

A 2x2 patch is nothing, most of them will probably be Nike/Adidas/etc so it shouldn't be too bad.

formula-1-cars.jpg

How many sponsors can you count? I see five.

Oddly, I have no feeling either way.

Parity-wise, the most successful teams can still charge more since they'll be on TV more often.

Yep! But the difference now between large market and small market is staggering. The former can spend out of the ass and still be profitable. If we get to a point where it's about HOW MUCH a team is profitable versus IF they are profitable, it would be better for the league overall and improve the product.

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
I'm from that background too, and in some sports it's shocking and the amount of jersey churn is disgusting. I don't mind this as long as the 2x2 patches are the only advertising.

I think it will depend on the market. I can totally see a like Best Buy patch (if they still exist) on the Wolves' jerseys in a year.

pilonv1

http://www.carversation.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/formula-1-cars.jpg[/MG]

How many sponsors can you count? I see five.[/QUOTE]

Six, Bridgestone, Fiat, Vodafone, Marlboro, Shell, AMD.

[quote="Rodeo Clown, post: 40054286"]I think it will depend on the market. I can totally see a like Best Buy patch (if they still exist) on the Wolves' jerseys in a year.[/QUOTE]

I hope Larry Ellison buys an Orcale logo on the Warriors.

As long as I can buy my jersey with no ads I will be fine.

reilo

Speaking of Formula 1... lets put that league in perspective:

Formula One can be seen live or tape delayed in almost every country and territory around the world and attracts one of the largest global television audiences. The 2008 season attracted a global audience of 600 million people per race.[107] It is a massive television event; the cumulative television audience was calculated to be 54 billion for the 2001 season, broadcast to two hundred countries.[108]

Christ.

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
Not Target?

Well, probably. But they just renewed their deal for Target Center, and they have Target Field, which has a Target Plaza around the stadium. It's kind of gross.

So if you ever watch a Twins game, you are bombarded with Target, as Target Center and the plaza are both highly visible whenever they go to a camera that's not center field.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom