• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT2| Lakers Fans Despise Freedom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SUPREME1

Banned
Not yet.

There's no trade parameters yet. CLE wants Bynum to agree to an extension before it will discuss parameters. The Lakers want the parameters in place before letting CLE talk to Bynum. And Orlando doesn't know what it wants

Doesn't say that

Lakers want parameters in place, so Cleveland can talk to Bynum. If Cleveland can convince him to sign an extension, it'll be a matter of signing off. Obviously if Bynum doesn't agree to extend, Cleveland is out.

Orlando is just lost as always. No wonder Shaq walked.

Nelo Ice

Banned
What's the proposed 3-way trade scenario? I'm confused as to what the Magic get out of this.

The Cavaliers would land Lakers center Andrew Bynum for a package of draft picks and veteran power forward Anderson Varejao, according to one league source. The Lakers would receive Howard for Bynum. Orlando would get Varejao and draft picks. The source said this was merely the framework of a deal being discussed.
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/8...rs-trade-partner-potential-dwight-howard-deal

And based on what's been reported all day, Cavs and Lakers are ready to go but Orlando has no clue what they want.

etiolate

Banned
I don't see why Orlando doesn't go the Houston route. A bunch of young talent on rookie contracts or scraps from either Cleveland or LA. How is that even a debate?

squicken

Doesn't say that

Lakers want parameters in place, so Cleveland can talk to Bynum. If Cleveland can convince him to sign an extension, it'll be a matter of signing off. Obviously if Bynum doesn't agree to extend, Cleveland is out.

Orlando is just lost as always. No wonder Shaq walked.

The wording is confusing

"Los Angeles wants the structure of a three-team deal agreed in principle before letting Cleveland take that next step to communicate with Bynum and his representatives – and that won’t happen until Orlando makes a decision that it wants to also lock-in the framework of a trade, sources told Y!

So far, Orlando has shown a level of indecisiveness in the talks, sources involved in the negotiations said. "

It doesn't sound like there's a deal to sign off on since Orlando won't commit to anything, but CLE still wants to talk to Bynum. But my initial post was incorrect as to CLE's demands

Nelo Ice

Banned
Varejao for Howard? The Magic GM must be a fool. He should have taken Maxpez or the Rocket draft picks.

Rockets insider said Morey submitted an offer and they have like 3 options including D12 going to Houston. But yeah Hennigan can't decide what direction he wants to take the franchise or he wants to keep D12 and hope he resigns :lol.

I think they know what they DO. NOT. WANT.
Yeah that framework makes zero sense for Orlando. Apparently Hennigan is still flip flopping between going full on rebuild, keeping D12, or getting Bynum. I'm not sure what he's thinking since I doubt the offers are going to get any better now that it's been reported that Dwight will resign with LA. So I guess he's gonna take Houston's deal, our deal or Houston or Cleveland take Bynum and Orlando gets the leftovers, or D12 stays put.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
They don't have coach or anything.. what a mess.

On a better note... Ross is going to ball in the NBA

squicken

Rockets insider said Morey submitted an offer and they have like 3 options including D12 going to Houston. But yeah Hennigan can't decide what direction he wants to take the franchise or he wants to keep D12 and hope he resigns :lol.

Yeah that framework makes zero sense for Orlando. Apparently Hennigan is still flip flopping between going full on rebuild, keeping D12, or getting Bynum. I'm not sure what he's thinking since I doubt the offers are going to get any better with now it's been reported that Dwight will resign with LA.

Well he's the pretty girl at the dance. He doesn't have to go and ask for partners. He can wait until he likes what he's hearing. Maybe it's homerism, but I think he wants the Rockets and the players/picks/cap space they can offer. Just waiting for Wizard to up his offer

Blackace

Well he's the pretty girl at the dance. He doesn't have to go and ask for partners. He can wait until he likes what he's hearing. Maybe it's homerism, but I think he wants the Rockets and the players/picks/cap space they can offer. Just waiting for Wizard to up his offer

actually the longer he waits the less leverage he has..

Nelo Ice

Banned

But why would Morey up his offer if it's been reported Dwight wants LA? Frankly he could just wait and hope we drop out then just lowball the hell out of Hennigan since there would be no other suitors left.

pilonv1

What draft picks can they get? Lakers firsts are gone for a while and the Cavs just have a bunch of lottery protected picks from Miami and one from Sacremento.

squicken

actually the longer he waits the less leverage he has..

Well for now there's no time pressure. If he's still doing this in September then he has a problem

@nelo Is it possible he waits for Brooklyn? Radio said the Humphries deal was a perfect match for a Dwight trade

The details of Morey's offer weren't disclosed were they? Maybe he lowballed Hennigan and Hennigan is using LA to get The Wiz to up his offer.

If The Rockets deal was to Hennigan's satisfaction Dwight would be gone already. I have a feeling something else is dictating Hennigan's decision.

Which is exactly the problem. I don't think Morey is willing to give up the farm anymore after looking at the rookies potential and seeing the next best offer is Varejao, Zeller or Thompson, and a picks that start no higher than fourteen. I'd rather we do nothing. Fuck bending over backwards for Hennigan to take back bad contracts and give him the rookies for what might only end up being a rental. Id do Martin, Lamb, Morris and Patterson plus Tor and Dal picks and well take back Duhon and JRich. Sounds better than the CLE deal.

What draft picks can they get? Lakers firsts are gone for a while and the Cavs just have a bunch of lottery protected picks from Miami and one from Sacremento.

They get Anderson Varejao and the ability to make the Lakers a super team, what more would the magic want?

Well for now there's no time pressure. If he's still doing this in September then he has a problem

@nelo Is it possible he waits for Brooklyn? Radio said the Humphries deal was a perfect match for a Dwight trade

Orlando would look like fools holding out to January. With how things are now, Dwight needs to be gone before training camp. Not only would Nets deal be less sweet than their original, you'd string along the fanbase and it's be a media circus even worse than the first.

Blackace

I think it is a problem... if you are bringing young players you need to get them into practice and SL and you need to hire a coach that will groom them. He hasn't done anything.. he is hanging onto D12 because he really doesn't know what to do..

Nelo Ice

Banned

From Mason and Ireland interview with Rudolph.
Transcript from LG.
http://forums.lakersground.net/viewtopic.php?p=4610365#4610365

Q: Let's just say that the Magic agree with your thinking.. that the Lakers will always be there and they can go to them whenever they want. If the Lakers extend Bynum which I'm being told is likely, they don't want him to be disgruntled so they'll offer him an extension (whether he takes it is another story) but let's say that the Lakers do what the Nets did with Brook Lopez. Then that ties up a Dwight trade until January 15th.

A: If that happens he's going to go to Brooklyn. If he finds his way back to Orlando, and he doesn't get to LA and you're trading him at the deadline, you're trading him to Brooklyn. The Magic's ineptitude will be clear for everyone to see because they'll be accepting a deal that would have been less than what the Lakers are offering. It makes absolutely no sense but I don't think it gets that far. I think now with everything that's come out, with my reports that have been followed up by some of the great reporters out there in LA ...everyone knows this is about the Magic and no one else. You're either going to do the deal or you're not going to do the deal. But it's showtime and you guys gotta let us know what you're going to do. If you're going to trade him, trade him. But if you're not, stop telling people that you are. Stop taking calls because you're wasting everyone's time and people will have to move on.

I've listened to most of the interviews Rudolph has done today and he's reiterated that this is all on Orlando. They really don't know what they want.

edit:And this also needs to be mentioned lol.

Q: The question I can't answer and I want to know if you can ....is What do the Magic want? What are they waiting for in this deal? Do you know?

A: Well, they're faking moves like wrestling right now. This is pure WWE and from my standpoint it's been a big bluff on their side. I mean, they've turned down several deals that represent the same thing and when you keep turning down variations of the same exact deal... (Ireland cuts him off again)

Jarrod Rudolph is only good for finding what whatever the hell is going on in Dwight's mind that day; he has no team sources. Dwight to Brooklyn was a done deal according to him.

Oh and lulz

Larry Ridley ‏@mrlarryridley
Spoke w/ source close to Dwight, told he feels like #Magic didn't keep promises but likes Rob Hennigan who is trying to convince him to stay

charsace

T-minus 5 minutes until Charace comes in with Jarred Bayless 30pts in SL BS.

Lillard has looked legit. Has a nice job, can get to the rim and has his passing seems legit... he assist totals look like garbage.. but I blame Babbitt for not being able to hit wide-open 3's.

side note.. why is Elliot playing in the SL? Is he still injured?

I'm a little late, but here I am. Lillard is an undersized shooting guard. Can't wait to see how mad people will be when he isn't getting LMA the ball. Lillard plays like he's still going up against mid-major teams. He doesn't know how to control the offensive flow of his team.

Ross looks good, but I want to see him put the ball on the floor more and get to the basket. He'll be nothing more than a solid roleplayer if he doesn't develop his ball skills.

Jarrod Rudolph is only good for finding what whatever the hell is going on in Dwight's mind that day; he has no team sources. Dwight to Brooklyn was a done deal according to him.

Oh and lulz

lamb.jpg

someone needs to shop Dwight and Henny into this

squicken

I think it is a problem... if you are bringing young players you need to get them into practice and SL and you need to hire a coach that will groom them. He hasn't done anything.. he is hanging onto D12 because he really doesn't know what to do..

Oh definitely on the no coach thing. He seems really indecisive with all this. Maybe potential coaches want the Dwight thing resolved before they take over. If Henny's still trying to get Dwight to stay, that dictates what type of system is brought in.

Which is exactly the problem. I don't think Morey is willing to give up the farm anymore after looking at the rookies potential and seeing the next best offer is Varejao, Zeller or Thompson, and a picks that start no higher than fourteen. I'd rather we do nothing. Fuck bending over backwards for Hennigan to take back bad contracts and give him the rookies for what might only end up being a rental. Id do Martin, Lamb, Morris and Patterson plus Tor and Dal picks and well take back Duhon and JRich. Sounds better than the CLE deal.

Yeah Morey is always about "value". He wants space to make another big move next year, even if he lands Dwight. Les was talking today about Lin raising the visibility and at least making FAs aware that they exist

On Tuesday, the Knicks announced that they would not match the Rockets’ offer to Lin, sending him back to Houston. And after a week of summer league, Alexander still wants that blockbuster deal, but no longer considers it as crucial to the team’s long-term outlook.

“I thought it was more important two months ago than today,” Alexander said of the pursuit of a trade for a franchise star. “After you watch Jeremy Lamb play, and you watch Terrence Jones play and (Donatas) Motiejunas play and Royce White play, and (Chandler) Parsons is really good, we add Jeremy Lin and it (the major trade) is important, but it’s not as ultra-important as I thought it was."

Rejoice Rocket fans, we're not gonna be bullied into an Orl deal much less one for Bynum.

Who on earth wants to sign a extension in Cleveland that isn't in their first few years? Only people I can see signing extension in Cleveland are rookies who aren't sure about their future.

Blackace

Who on earth wants to sign a extension in Cleveland that isn't in their first few years? Only people I can see signing extension in Cleveland are rookies who aren't sure about their future.

Cle is made fairly well...They blew it with their 4th pick in my opinion but if they added AB they would look really good..

goddammymanEyenga.

You still suck but holy shit you ended that dude

Bynum and Kyrie are BFFs and I think went to the same school.

also Bynum is a strange fellow.

SamuraiX-

Robinson looking like Drew Gordon out there. #WeGotTRobbed

lmfao

My Twitter feed makes it sound like he actually looked like an NBA player this game. Guess not?

Also, fantastic pickup for the Celts in Courtney Lee and giving up essentially nothing. I would say they've done as good of a job as any in replacing Ray-Ray.

Aingedawizard

SUPREME1

Banned

Bynum is about his money. As long as he's getting true max, he don't give a shit where he plays. Being the first option on offense is also something he's wanted. Playing with Kyrie Irving is just icing on that selfish cake.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
you all know cosmic karma (aka basketball reasons) would be Bynum stays healthy during his career in Cleveland and the Lakers would sign Dwight who after this recent back surgery would be injury prone....

SamuraiX-

Meanwhile, WaitEERRRRRSSS continuing to get outplayed out of the Cavs Summer League starting lineup by Garrett MOTHERFUCKING Temple.

Hasn't even entered the game yet and it's almost halftime. lol

Smokey

Rejoice Rocket fans, we're not gonna be bullied into an Orl deal much less one for Bynum.

yeah i would just chill out and role with asik at the C. we'll miss playoffs and hopefully be in top 8 of the lottery but the young dudes should offer some entertainment

even if it's bobcats level of entertainment ill take that..means high pick!

Blackace

you all know cosmic karma (aka basketball reasons) would be Bynum stays healthy during his career in Cleveland and the Lakers would sign Dwight who after this recent back surgery would be injury prone....

Basketball Karma would be a return of the Kobe/Shaq/Mailman/GP season

squicken

Ken Berger ‏@KBergCBS

Adam Silver says it's "likely" some sort of plan for jersey advertisements would be implemented next season.

Wow. Guess I don't really care but it does screw the aesthetics of the uniforms.

Kevtones

I'm a little late, but here I am. Lillard is an undersized shooting guard. Can't wait to see how mad people will be when he isn't getting LMA the ball. Lillard plays like he's still going up against mid-major teams. He doesn't know how to control the offensive flow of his team.

Ross looks good, but I want to see him put the ball on the floor more and get to the basket. He'll be nothing more than a solid roleplayer if he doesn't develop his ball skills.

31 and 7 tonight despite his teammates shooting 14% from outside.

SUPREME1

Banned

...and why would that be karma exactly?

Lakers aren't doing anything shady to get Dwight. All their cards are on the table. Their efforts have been pretty transparent. They want Dwight, they are openly offering up Bynum. Bynum has said in the past that he doesn't mind being traded. That he'll ball wherever he ends up. Bynum would be getting max, playing with Kyrie... and being the first option. I'd say the Lakers are putting him in a nice situation.

pilonv1

Ken Berger ‏@KBergCBS

The current idea, which Silver said needs more discussion, is to have a 2-by-2 advertisement patch on the shoulder of jerseys.

1m Ken Berger Ken Berger ‏@KBergCBS

Adam Silver says it's "likely" some sort of plan for jersey advertisements would be implemented next season.

cO4Lf.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom