• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT2| Lakers Fans Despise Freedom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Ken Berger ‏@KBergCBS

Adam Silver says it's "likely" some sort of plan for jersey advertisements would be implemented next season.

Wow. Guess I don't really care but it does screw the aesthetics of the uniforms.

Awesome, hopefully Hasbro buys some ad space for the Magic because My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic and/or Magic the Gathering totally works. Get it done.

squicken

lol darkside

I'm not going to post too much from it but this is at the beginning of that Lin piece

"Anthony didn't join the Knicks in 2011 to be just a player. He came to build a basketball family. Despite his messy departure from Denver, he came to New York envisioning an opportunity to create a refuge from the backstabbing and intrigue that plagues many teams. Lin, though by all accounts a great teammate, was seen as a potential threat to what Anthony was creating."

lol darkside

I'm not going to post too much from it but this is at the beginning of that Lin piece

"Anthony didn't join the Knicks in 2011 to be just a player. He came to build a basketball family. Despite his messy departure from Denver, he came to New York envisioning an opportunity to create a refuge from the backstabbing and intrigue that plagues many teams. Lin, though by all accounts a great teammate, was seen as a potential threat to what Anthony was creating."

Lol wut

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
lol darkside

Makes sense. Best way to stop a backstabber is to backstab him first. Obviously.

squicken

"The "family" concept is about unity more than race, and there is no suggestion Anthony is racist in any way. It's said that the Knicks players, Anthony included, liked and accepted Lin. In fact, Anthony was among those who met with Lin shortly before the free agency period, as reported by Chris Broussard.

But it is an accepted plank of the "family" platform that it's an opportunity for young black men to shoulder responsibility and become the real decision-makers and power brokers in a multibillion-dollar business built on their backs. In a world where the big decisions have so often been the province of older white men, and where players have often felt exploited, the new model is thrilling and precious for those who get to experience it. "

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Most of them were from a while back with the exception of Lowry.

I'm just saying that most good players leave for Jersey...

Basically the writing was on the wall for Waiters.

wha?

Reke, Lowry, Blair are not from a while back..

Sheed just retired a couple of years ago..

Leaving for Jersey doesn't mean you weren't born in Philly..

Branduil

id6L0TkdL6duT.gif

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
It's not Philly.. it's Syracuse that is the problem...

Melo

Coleman

and....

and..

:(

SamuraiX-

You guys think IMAX will be worth it for Rises?

The only time I can remember in recent memory that I've been to IMAX was for Inception that was definitely fucking worth it but I'm not sure about this one...

It's a difference of $20 (going with gf). :-/

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
lol darkside

LMAO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom