• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT2| Lakers Fans Despise Freedom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevtones

Guess I'm insane but Adam Morrison has looked nice in SL. He seems damn hungry to get back in the league and if the Clippers don't pick him up I'd be all about Portland
or Charlotte
signing him.

Thought TRob looked alright tonight. Good defense, nice boards. He'll find a niche I think.

Fantomex

You guys think IMAX will be worth it for Rises?

The only time I can remember in recent memory that I've been to IMAX was for Inception that was definitely fucking worth it but I'm not sure about this one...

It's a difference of $20 (going with gf). :-/

YES! It has a lot of IMAX shots that make it worth it.

Cloudy

Banned
Jeremy-Lin-card-594x628.jpg

LOL

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
I've never even seen anything in IMAX. I'll be taking in Dark Knight Rises in a regular ass movie theater and I'm alright with it.

I've never even seen anything in IMAX. I'll be taking in Dark Knight Rises in a regular ass movie theater and I'm alright with it.

treat yourself to an imax. its quite the experience.
the only downside is that its so fucking huge that you have to constantly move your eyes throughout the movie, which would be bothersome to some viewers, me included.

squicken

Silver later corrected himself, saying the patches would be 2.5 inches-by-2.5 inches. They would feature the names of companies -- think McDonald's, Coca-Cola, Kia, Apple -- and would put the NBA in lock step with international sports leagues whose player uniforms routinely are adorned with ads. WNBA teams already have sponsorship logos on their jerseys, but the NBA would be the first of the four major American pro sports leagues to take the plunge.

"My sense is that every team is in favor of doing this in some form," Silver said.

And every team in every sport will do it, too. Tru$t me.

The sponsorship patches would be placed on the left shoulder of the jersey, where the NBA logo currently is located. They would appear on retail jerseys, as well, Silver said -- a concept that could cause backlash among some fans who don't want corporate logos on the jerseys they buy in the sporting goods store or online. But Silver said league officials consulted with jersey manufacturer Adidas, and early indications are that sponsorship patches would not harm retail jersey sales.

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/blog/k...o-cash-in-with-sponsorship-patches-on-jerseys

giga

The agent for Orlando Magic center Dwight Howard refuted reports that his client has decided he will sign an extension with the Los Angeles Lakers if traded to them.

"Dwight's position has remained unchanged since the end of this past season," said Dan Fegan of LaGardere Unlimited. "He fully intends to explore free agency at the end of next season, regardless of what team trades for him, including Brooklyn."
I don't know why I'm posting dwight news.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Being a sex offender =! fun creative marketing

Not this fucking shit. I like ponies. So fucking what? Get off your god damn high horse.

Also I find it hilarious that the NBA is pretending like they are the first American sport to embrace advertising. That takes a lot of nerve.

pilonv1

The sponsorship patches would be placed on the left shoulder of the jersey, where the NBA logo currently is located. They would appear on retail jerseys, as well, Silver said -- a concept that could cause backlash among some fans who don't want corporate logos on the jerseys they buy in the sporting goods store or online. But Silver said league officials consulted with jersey manufacturer Adidas, and early indications are that sponsorship patches would not harm retail jersey sales.

Better hurry up and get my Klay jersey

Babalu.

Fuck that shit.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Putting the patches on the jerseys you buy is fucking terrible. Basically just telling people to go buy fakes instead of the real stuff.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
I don't know why I'm posting dwight news.

lol shocking and bs at that line about Brooklyn. That's where he wants to be and he will end up there... some how. The superstars always get to the team they want in the end.

Rockets stay away from him.

ASIK >>>> HOWARD

WHOOOOOO

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
Darko for the right price ain't a bad pick-up.

Yeah, he's not that good... but he serviceable to pick up minutes as a backup center.

All the rumors still to the Bulls?

Gigglepoo

In other news I miss our Pacers fans, I wish I could be educated about the value of Roy Hibbert's max contract

I, the guy who laughed when he made the All Star game, thinks he's being vastly overpaid. But a small martet team can't just let good talent walk away for nothing. If he performs, they can always trade him, right?

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
There is no such thing as untradable contract. Joe Johnson getting traded should have killed that notion completely, one that was already pretty much killed with the Gilbert - Rashard trade (hell Rashard got traded this offseason too).

Baby Milo

Furthermore, the Knicks calculated that Linsanity might not be worth as much as assumed. While the value of the Lin phenonemon has been much discussed, the Knicks saw it differently from most observers.

I always thought Lin's potential value was overhyped

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
...and why would that be karma exactly?

Lakers aren't doing anything shady to get Dwight. All their cards are on the table. Their efforts have been pretty transparent. They want Dwight, they are openly offering up Bynum. Bynum has said in the past that he doesn't mind being traded. That he'll ball wherever he ends up. Bynum would be getting max, playing with Kyrie... and being the first option. I'd say the Lakers are putting him in a nice situation.

I only say that it would be cosmic karma because your trading the number 2 center in the league who was healthy in a tough season and been a major part of your last few championships for the number 1 center who is coming off of back surgery.

Anyhow I'm not 100% sure but can dwight even be traded when it seems he won't be healthy enough to pass a physical. He tweeted a few days ago that he still couldn't run....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom