• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT2| Lakers Fans Despise Freedom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pimpwerx

Stack ain't alone in his opinion. From what I heard on the radio this morning (either Colin or the local show) the Knicks didn't think his marketability would hold up over the contract, and they also didn't think he was much of a difference from Failton. I'm only repeating what I heard, but Stack's not exactly talking out of his ass. PEACE.

Kogepan

Stack ain't alone in his opinion. From what I heard on the radio this morning (either Colin or the local show) the Knicks didn't think his marketability would hold up over the contract, and they also didn't think he was much of a difference from Failton. I'm only repeating what I heard, but Stack's not exactly talking out of his ass. PEACE.

Knicks FO are a bunch of shit eating morons. What do they do other than kow tow to Carmelo/CAA/Worldwide wes?

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.

Who cares what the Knicks think? lol that's worse than even Stackhorses opinion on Lin at this point.

"Do you know what Asik means in Turkish"

Lol I just translated it.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
Someone must not know how the NBA works.

Errbody gets paid. All it takes is one GM that thinks he can fix you...

we just signed Kwame Brown...

Darko still has teams looking for him.

OJ isn't big as fuck but he'll have a few games where he scores in bunches and boom. That will be enough.

The thing is like you said "Kwame is big a fuck" and when that new CBA kicks in. Potential in veteran players (especially guards) are going to earn a lot less money on the market. This offseason is likely the last call on a lot of the normal NBA free agency spending practices.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I don't remember him being this good a ball handler or having a pull up shot. Must be all Roys fault.

Also calling Marquis Kemba-bad may be an insult to Kemba.

I hate Roy almost as much as I hate Larry Brown.

pilonv1

Here's why Barnes looks good, he talked to Logo

http://www.nba.com/2012/news/features/scott_howard_cooper/07/20/harrison-barnes/?ls=iref:nbahpt1

Barnes was direct.

"I walked up to him and said, 'When are you going to teach me some of your tricks, man?' "

West laughed. That led to a basketball conversation. And that led to West, the Hall of Famer, still searing with competitiveness at age 74, gladly agreeing.

The Logo is Barnes' unofficial tutor. So, yeah, it is a big deal.

"I've seen his highlights," Barnes said. "I've looked him up. He does a great job of when he comes off shots, he's always square. He's always able to get his shot off. He had a nice looking shot. That's something I'm going to try to take from him, his ability to get to the basket and his ability to square up and get by guys."

"I certainly don't want to make a big deal out of this," West said. "Our coaches are working with him. One of the things that I tried to talk to him about was efficiency of your footwork, particularly as an offensive player. I tried to talk to him about a straight line-driver instead of driving in circles, which makes degree of difficulty of shots much more difficult. And, more importantly, footwork. How to stop correctly. A lot of that is just simple things that I think he'll pick up very, very quickly.

"He approached me and I told him that I'd be more than happy to try to show him some of the things I felt were important," West said. "I talked about pivoting. About how the degree of difficulty in shots is what you don't want. You want to cut down on the degree of difficulty. He's got a 40-vertical jump. He just jumps over people. But that won't do it. I certainly don't want to over-emphasize my role in anything that he might want to do because he's just an exceptional talent, a player who's got an enormous future.

"If I can be of any help to him, then certainly I want to try. I've agreed to meet with him and go over some things, talk about simple little things," West said. "I told him I just don't want to be someone who's a pitch-back machine to him. I want him to learn to do things off the dribble, learn to create off the dribble with more efficient footwork, really. That's all it amounts to. It's just little simple things. Kids that are gifted, sometimes they can slip in those areas because they just get by on their physical ability. Oh my gosh, he's such a gifted kid. On top of it, he certainly wants to get better. That's my impression of him. I think you're going to see a player who gets better and better as his career goes on."

League on notice

LuchaShaq

Banned
eh. whatever.

That's a great fucking deal.

The sixers paid Kwame 6 mil over the same timespan....

Honestly think Hill is good and it was a complete joke that Brown played Murphy/McRob over him most of the year. Hell even people on here were flipping out the night he got minutes for the first time really.

Big men who are "failed" lottery picks are usually still good 3rd/4th big men just for natural ability even if their mental game/post game never really went anywhere.

Hell Kwame/Darko are two of the biggest busts ever but they are still better than scrubs like Ryan Hollins/Murphy/etc

Cipherr

Be4Rc.gif

LOL @ that GIF.

shira

That's a great fucking deal.

The sixers paid Kwame 6 mil over the same timespan....

Honestly think Hill is good and it was a complete joke that Brown played Murphy/McRob over him most of the year. Hell even people on here were flipping out the night he got minutes for the first time really.

Big men who are "failed" lottery picks are usually still good 3rd/4th big men just for natural ability even if their mental game/post game never really went anywhere.

Hell Kwame/Darko are two of the biggest busts ever but they are still better than scrubs like Ryan Hollins/Murphy/etc
Exception Raptors - Aruuuujo

My boys Crowder and James impressing me so far. I really hope they can contribute in some form. I also like how Jones is playing, but I prefer to see Roddy get his minutes if he can stay healthy.

JoeFu

Banned
My boys Crowder and James impressing me so far. I really hope they can contribute in some form. I also like how Jones is playing, but I prefer to see Roddy get his minutes if he can stay healthy.

Yeah was happy to see Crowder signed today. Not sure if James got a deal yet

The Lakers are quietly putting together a decent bench. Hill and Jamison are nice pickups, now we just need to get a decent backup for Kobe and we should be set. Wouldn't mind J-Rich if he has to come in the Dwight Howard trade(if it happens of course).

Darkman M

The Lakers are quietly putting together a decent bench. Hill and Jamison are nice pickups, now we just need to get a decent backup for Kobe and we should be set. Wouldn't mind J-Rich if he has to come in the Dwight Howard trade(if it happens of course).

J rich would be shipped out asap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom