• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT2| Lakers Fans Despise Freedom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
That was almost as dumb as saying Bosh and LMA were better than Malone and Barkley.

Almost.

Bosh and LMA are better at getting to the rim than the mailman... Dying over here

pilonv1

People forget that defense in the early 90s was like today defense on LeBron levels of HGH.

So when you ask "who would guard Westbrook", remember that these guys would probably not be scoring they way they do now.

It's a stupid argument.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Bosh and LMA are better at getting to the rim than the mailman... Dying over here

Here's a gem from the chat:

[18:20] Pimpwerx: there's no forward in the past that had bosh's skillset

Also, Stockton wasn't a good defender and Wade is almost as good defensively as Pippen.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
People forget that defense in the early 90s was like today defense on LeBron levels of HGH.

So when you ask "who would guard Westbrook", remember that these guys would probably not be scoring they way they do now.

It's a stupid argument.

I sometimes miss the good old days of hand checking.

Blackace

It's a stupid argument.

And players stepped up and wanted to take the best players.. GP wanted MJ.. Pippen wanted GP nobody hid

Blackace

Here's a gem from the chat:

Also, Stockton wasn't a good defender and Wade is almost as good defensively as Pippen.

Wade was scared to mark Westbrook...

Bosh is aiight and everything but really?

How am I trolling? Nothing I'm saying is ridiculous enough to even be considered trolling. You're looking at Kobe now and doing the comparisons rather than his utmost prime, and the nostalgia is propping up the past.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
I don't even understand why everybody is trying to compare this team to the Dream Team. This team isn't even as good as the team in 08 (due to injuries and old guys being old basically).

Blackace

How am I trolling? Nothing I'm saying is ridiculous enough to even be considered trolling. You're looking at Kobe now and doing the comparisons rather than his utmost prime, and the nostalgia is propping up the past.

No we really aren't...

Emwitus

It's not close and Pippen was better

ibgT0AfdMLG7fb.gif

Matrix

I'd love to see guys like Westbrook, Wade or LeBron try and get into the paint of some old Pistons or Knicks teams. Would get brutalised.

haha only Lebron would come out alive.

Wade lol wheelchair bound the rest of his life. I can see Oakley or Mason just destroying him.

Blackace

I don't even understand why everybody is trying to compare this team to the Dream Team. This team isn't even as good as the team in 08 (due to injuries and old guys being old basically).

The team in 96 IMO is super underrated.. I also like 94

thekad

Banned

2008... Remember when people still thought Kobe was the best player in the league?

:lol

Matrix

I've been saying that! Shaq and Olajuwon? Pippen and GP? hnng

I remember being depressed as a kid when Olajuwon couldn't play on the 92 team. The dumb 12 year old version of me had no clue he wasn't a US citizen yet.

Blackace

I've been saying that! Shaq and Olajuwon? Pippen and GP? hnng

With prime Grant?

Dream Team II styled too hard in Fiba so they disbanded them... But Shaq, ZO and Kemp...

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Kevin Love vs Malone

taking candy from a baby? or worse?

The old guys never seen a power-forward that could make a three before.

We could turn this into an Eminem parody song before the hour is over.

92' roster with ages. This is a rough, quick ranking of the roster based on their age and their stats in the Olympics.

1. MJ - 29
2. Barkley -29
3. Pippen - 26
4. Malone - 29
5. Admiral - 27
6. Stockton - 30
7. Ewing - 30
8. Drexler - 30
9. Mullin - 29
10. Magic - 32
11. Bird - 35
12. Laettner - 22

Now tell me how PRIME Kobe wouldn't be, at minimum, #3 on that team? Probably 2. I took the time to compile the list and find the ages (was on some ancient angelfire website) so I want a legit reply, not Heavy is a troll lolol stuff.

thekad

Banned
In 1992, Clyde Drexler lead his team to the NBA Finals while averaging 25PTS/7REB/7AST. Grandpa Kobe couldn't even get out of the second round with Pau and Bynum.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
KD would get beat down but I think he would stay tough. Just my opinion.

I can really see Charles Oakley or Rodman hitting KD with a backbreaker like Jax - just leaving him sprawled out and broken at halfcourt next to the aftermath of the Deron Williams/John Stockton matchup.

Blackace

92' roster with ages. This is a rough, quick ranking of the roster based on their age and their stats in the Olympics.

1. MJ - 29
2. Barkley -29
3. Pippen - 26
4. Malone - 29
5. Admiral - 27
6. Stockton - 30
7. Ewing - 30
8. Drexler - 30
9. Mullin - 29
10. Magic - 32
11. Bird - 35
12. Laettner - 22

Now tell me how Kobe wouldn't be, at minimum, #3 on that team? Probably 2. I took the time to compile the list and find the ages (was on some ancient angelfire website) so I want a legit reply, not Heavy is a troll lolol stuff.
I see 6 players in the prime at that time better than Kobe in his prime...

MJ Bark Pippen Malone DRo Stock.. Also I think Drexler was better at getting to the cup, but that might be a wash.. So basically he would be the 6th or 7th best player on that team! But on the good side he could get drinks with Mullin!

pilonv1

Age isn't comparable either. These guys were coming into the league at 22-23 after 3-4 years of college. Guys at 29-30 now have an extra 4 years of NBA wear on them. Laettner was 22 and hadn't played an NBA game. Durant is 23 and has played 420+ if you take regular+playoff games.

It's not comparable and I wish the media would leave it alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom