• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT2| Lakers Fans Despise Freedom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
RT @rembert: Kobe took Brandy to the prom when Anthony Davis was 3.

These players play pickup all summer long.

Well, unless they're eddy curry. but otherwise, they do.

Might as well do it in the olympics.

Damn, terrible to hear that about Griffin. That means he likely missed his one shot at playing in the Olympics; it really sucks to miss a once in a lifetime opportunity like that.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Damn, terrible to hear that about Griffin. That means he likely missed his one shot at playing in the Olympics...

Doubt that the NBA will have a lot of great big men in 4 years from now

squicken

Especially since Blake will be in his prime then.

FIFA limits the Olympics to only kids under 23. Why let the IOC make all the money? So they have the World Cup and FIFA and the players make the money. Stern wants the same thing for basketball. He wants a basketball World Cup.

reilo

FIFA limits the Olympics to only kids under 23. Why let the IOC make all the money? So they have the World Cup and FIFA and the players make the money. Stern wants the same thing for basketball. He wants a basketball World Cup.

Yup, plus this.

Yeah I know all about soccer. Probably more than I do basketball. Just remembered the proposed age limit.

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
Especially since Blake will be in his prime then. Never mind just remembered the talk of a 23 age limit.

..or done with his career.

Those knees and what is this, his 4th legit knee injury? Also his style of play?

Dude ain't long for this game.

squicken

Yeah I know all about soccer. Probably more than I do basketball. Just remembered the proposed age limit.

I didn't know about the soccer thing until recently. But initially Stern tried to couch the age limit as protecting the players' health/protecting the teams. But it was doublespeak for what he was really trying to do. He wants the NBA, if not to run, to at least participate mostly in the profits. He doesn't want FIBA running things and taking all the money and being as croocked as FIFA and IOC. Yes, the last bit is a bit ironic

Yall are propping up the past a bit too much - lots of nostalgia going on. Kobe in his prime, probably even now, would dominate almost all of those HoFers.

reilo

Well that's one of the stupidest I have since Kobe said this team would beat the dream team

He actually said something stupider in the same post:

PF: Bosh+Aldridge would pair 2 stretch 4s against Karl and Chuck. That's an interesting matchup. Karl and Chuck are better on the boards, and will do some work in the post, but Bosh and LMA are also pretty good in the post, while having the ability to hit from the perimeter. Plus, Bosh and LMA are 2-5 inches taller and better getting to the rim.

Blackace

You mean like starting to hit jump shots? Maybe.

Take away his freak athleticism and you took away 75% of his game.

He is a great passer, and has good hands. He could still do a lot with mega hops

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Yall are propping up the past a bit too much - lots of nostalgia going on. Kobe in his prime, probably even now, would dominate almost all of those HoFers.

LOL LOL LOL

Who's better than Kobe in his prime on the 92 team other than MJ? Even that's close. Think about it and the roster before saying how ridiculous it sounds. Take a step back and look at the roster and remember Kobe in his prime before laughing it off, thats all im sayin.

reilo

0279_0mna.gif

SamuraiX-

Summer League Co-Head Coach Alex English

Do you know who the starting five will be to begin Summer League action?

“I think we know that Whiteside, Robinson and Fredette will start. We are still talking about the other guys.”

Matchups:
Jimmer - Kemba
T-Rob - MKG
Whiteside - Biyombo

Orlando Summer League ain't got shit on this.

Blackace

Who's better than Kobe in his prime on the 92 team other than MJ? Even that's close. Think about it and the roster before saying how ridiculous it sounds.

It's not close and Pippen was better

reilo

That was almost as dumb as saying Bosh and LMA were better than Malone and Barkley.

Almost.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom