• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT2| Lakers Fans Despise Freedom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Making a greatest players of all-time type of list doesn't have to be relegated to position sub-categories. Does it make it easier to compare? Sure, but you can still make an all-encompassing list.
Yeah, but I don't think that's what's the point here. You said Kobe would be #2 or #3 on the Dream Team, but is that in term of importance to that particular team, or just on an all time list?

For instance, on the current team, Tyson's ranking would be pretty low on an all time list, but for the team, he ranks high because he is a necessity due to being the only real center on it.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Kersey/Buck Williams >> Pau

They couldn't even beat a Bad Boys team on the decline.

Did you just say Buck Williams was better than Pau

lolololololololllol can't wait to use that quote next season

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Buck was way past his prime on those Blazers team.

Portland wins a couple if Arvydas was ever allowed to come over sooner.

Blackace

Kobe has chipped 5 times, shit is not by luck man.

Playing with one of greatest centers in his prime while he gave a fuck is pretty lucky.. Kobe would have chipped without him but not 5 times..

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
People confusing the career with the player...

Kobe's career has been great. And if he actually played as smart as he's capable of, then yeah, he'd be fucking god-tier 24/7. But he doesn't.

Worst Game 7 ever.

Yeah but he was better than Kobe..
Keep dreaming, you know it's not true either you're trying to rile people up.

Yeah, but I don't think that's what's the point here. You said Kobe would be #2 or #3 on the Dream Team, but is that in term of importance to that particular team, or just on an all time list?

For instance, on the current team, Tyson's ranking would be pretty low on an all time list, but for the team, he ranks high because he is a necessity due to being the only real center on it.

Now I understand your question... no it was just an all-time list comparison of that 92 roster, not by position.

DY_nasty

That was fucking horrible. I remember cussing Kobe through the TV screen, kept on chucking and chucking. He was good on the boards though atleast, and got to the FT line at the end.

That game was bullshit.

Shoot 20 3s, but somehow shoot 40 fts? Utter nonsense.

Blackace

Keep dreaming, you know it's not true either you're trying to rile people up.

Yeah I dream of Drexler being better than Kobe.. I hated Portland as a kid..

Kobe was a better pure scorer in his prime..

Cylde player every other faucet of the game better..

Yes it was game 7 but it was one game of a 7 game series... he played well in the majority of the rest of that series, look at the numbers.

reilo

Yeah I dream of Drexler being better than Kobe.. I hated Portland as a kid..

Kobe was a better pure scorer in his prime..

Cylde player every other faucet of the game better..

If only he knew how to dribble!

Blackace

Yes it was game 7 but it was one game of a 7 game series... he played well in the majority of the rest of that series, look at the numbers.

Not really.. He played ok. But not what you expect from a superstar HoFer which he is..

But to be fair LBJ scored 9 points in the finals once 2 years ago

Kobe was one of the best volume scorers at a time where it benefited him the most, meaning rules amplified his greatest asset and played along side players who made it easier for him to do his thing.

Right place, right time in many ways. Still one of the greatest with those things aside.

I'm the one rewriting history? Man, Lakers-fans are harsh towards ex-Lakers.

Lamar was horribly inconsistent. Laker fans complained about that shit when he was here.

If that fucker had showed up for the entire series, no fucking way that 2010 series goes 7.

No fucking way.

And who can forget Pau's disappearing act in Game 5.

Blackace

Kobe was one of the best volume scorers at a time where it benefited him the most, meaning rules amplified his greatest asset and played along side players who made it easier for him to do his thing.

Right place, right time in many ways. Still one of the greatest with those things aside.

Without a doubt!

reilo

Lamar was horribly inconsistent. Laker fans complained about that shit when he was here.

If that fucker had showed up for the entire series, no fucking way that 2010 series goes 7.

No fucking way.

And who can forget Pau's disappearing act in Game 5.

And yet Kobe gets a pass for those three shit games he put up? And whatever the fuck it was he did in '08?

If you are going trot out CONSISTENCY, you can't be ball-washing Kobe at the same time.

DY_nasty

Wow, DY.

Do the Lakers win Game 7 without Artest being the only one keeping them in the game?

Y/N?

Artest kept them in the game now?

Shit, I could've sworn you guys told me for years that it was Pau's toughness and grit on the boards that won them the game and not the fact that Boston was gimped in the frontcourt or because of some horrendous officiating that leads to shooting 40 fts when your team couldn't even take it inside most of the game.

But now that you want to sound like you got a point to make with Artest, WHY THE FUCK NOT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom