• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT2| Lakers Fans Despise Freedom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

squicken

Only if you believe that the whole cheating with J-Rich thing is true.

Hopefully Morris will take over Blakes role as backup PG this year. Morris played well at summer league and Blake is still turrrrible.

It's a deal breaker. Can't remember if it was CBS, Yahoo, or ESPN but the writer said the Lakers absolutely can't take Richardson b/c he and Nash have issues.

The Lakers are quietly putting together a decent bench. Hill and Jamison are nice pickups, now we just need to get a decent backup for Kobe and we should be set. Wouldn't mind J-Rich if he has to come in the Dwight Howard trade(if it happens of course).

you know nash is never going to pass jrich the ball.
he'll pass it to himself if he has to.

linsivvi

It's a deal breaker. Can't remember if it was CBS, Yahoo, or ESPN but the writer said the Lakers absolutely can't take Richardson b/c he and Nash have issues.

Can't they just waive him after the trade? It's not like money matters much to Buss now that the new TV deal kicks in.

hill-670-120720.jpg

Number one choice was the Clips, baby.

squicken

Can't they just waive him after the trade? It's not like money matters much to Buss now that the new TV deal kicks in.

I guess they could. But that quite a bit of money to eat. I'm not sure how released players w/ remaining years on a contract affect a team. Does the cap hit accelerate or just stay in it's contracted year?

linsivvi

I guess they could. But that quite a bit of money to eat. I'm not sure how released players w/ remaining years on a contract affect a team. Does the cap hit accelerate or just stay in it's contracted year?

Well, the reported deal is $200M per year for 20 years, and Kobe and Pau will be off the book in 2 years anyway, so they can take a hit if that means landing Dwight.

In addition, since the Lakers are way over the luxury limit ($95M now after signing Hill?), they would need to send contracts off to take J-Rich, otherwise the salary just won't match. My assumption is that if the Dwight trade happens, the Lakers would just trade shorter bad contracts for longer bad contracts. So they would need to pay that much tax anyway whether or not they get J-Rich.

It's too bad that Grant Hill's ankles are going to explode in the first game not as a Sun :(

Beasley, 23, addressed his troubled past, including his history with controlled substances.

"Everybody has a lot of ups and downs," he said. "I've had a lot of downs. Sometimes to keep from crying, you have to laugh.

"I realize 10 minutes of feeling good is not worth putting my life, my career, my legacy in jeopardy.”

.......what kind of illegal shit is he on that lasts only 10 minutes?

looks like he's referring to weed. um....he was probably high while giving the interview

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Easily the most underrated signing this offseason. One of the few players that didn't get overpaid.

I totally agree and really have no idea how a Kings fan could whine about it. Kings needed a ball handler and outside shooting and Brooks is average at both, and average is a hell of a lot better than what the Kings had and were planning to go with this season.

The less Tyreke, Jimmer and Salmons, the better for the Kings.

chizmiz

Banned
Aaron Brooks
Jimmer
anyone that can play D
T-Rob
Cousins

Man that team is going to be a bitch to defend in 2k.

It actually looks like a very shitty 2K team. No slashing, shitty backcourt (Jimmer is really bad in 2k12, he should only get worse next time), very poor defense... Players like Aaron Brooks are on every bench in 2k. I mean, I'll play with them, but it's certainly not a concern to me like it would be playing against broken players like JR Smith or any given superstar.

diehard

Fleer
I totally agree and really have no idea how a Kings fan could whine about it. Kings needed a ball handler and outside shooting and Brooks is average at both, and average is a hell of a lot better than what the Kings had and were planning to go with this season.

Kings need outside shooting; don't play Jimmer

wat

Yeah, having guys that can play together is underrated. When skills don't complement it makes everyone look worse than they are. That's what I'm clinging to when it comes to Kemba Walker anyway.

I hope that going from a lineup of:

Walker/Augustin
Henderson/Reggie Williams
Maggette/DJ Brown

to

Walker/Sessions
Henderson/Ben Gordon
MKG/Taylor

Will play more to his strengths now that he should have some decent shooters to kick the ball out to as well as someone to run with in MKG. That said if Henderson's 3 point shot doesn't improve I could definitely see him getting fewer mins as the season progresses.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Yeah, having guys that can play together is underrated. When skills don't complement it makes everyone look worse than they are. That's what I'm clinging to when it comes to Kemba Walker anyway.

I hope that going from a lineup of:

Walker/Augustin
Henderson/Reggie Williams
Maggette/DJ Brown

to

Walker/Sessions
Henderson/Ben Gordon
MKG/Taylor

Will play more to his strengths now that he should have some decent shooters to kick the ball out to as well as someone to run with in MKG. That said if Henderson's 3 point shot doesn't improve I could definitely see him getting fewer mins as the season progresses.
The thing about Henderson is that he can always get on the floor with his defense. The issue now becomes "Can he get buckets without being constantly spoon fed by DJ?"

I don't care if he can't take his range out past the 3pt line, he'd better continue attacking the rim. That's what he's best at by far now. He just never does it as often as he should.

diehard

Fleer
35% on threes when you can't pass, can't handle, can't rebound, and can't play D doesn't really make you a shooter. It makes you a bad basketball player who is mediocre at threes.

Yeah and guys like KD and CP3 are terrible 3 point shooters.

oh wait you mean you improve after your rookie season? this changes everything.

bro you literally just broke down the rookie seasons for the half the lottery picks last year.

DY_nasty

In Jimmer's defense, George Hill was hot garb when he first got to the league.

He still can't run an offense for shit, but he knows how to play within himself while helping his team win.

But Sacramento is no place for a rookie.

The Kings were probably the worse place for Jimmer to go.

They literally have a guy who will jack at every position. So he decided that he would try to play the facilitator role but Reke a'int having that either...so he was stuck inbetween fuckball and trying to be an actual point guard...and failed at both.

Not to use the white guy example but Redick was the same sort of...once he relaized that he wasn't gonna be Duke JJ and stopped trying to be a combo guard, he found his niche.

Jimmer could do the same....just not on the Kings.

LuchaShaq

Banned
In Jimmer's defense, George Hill was hot garb when he first got to the league.

He still can't run an offense for shit, but he knows how to play within himself while helping his team win.

But Sacramento is no place for a rookie.

But george Hill can play D, can handle the ball, can get the basket a little (infinitely more than Jimmer), and isn't a selfish black hole team cancer.

DY_nasty

But george Hill can play D, can handle the ball, can get the basket a little (infinitely more than Jimmer), and isn't a selfish black hole team cancer.

He wouldn't play D, couldn't handle the ball, and couldn't get to the basket at all his first year and a half in the league.

Jimmer isn't a selfish black hole either - he doesn't even get the opportunity to be lol.

The thing about Henderson is that he can always get on the floor with his defense. The issue now becomes "Can he get buckets without being constantly spoon fed by DJ?"

I don't care if he can't take his range out past the 3pt line, he'd better continue attacking the rim. That's what he's best at by far now. He just never does it as often as he should.

Being good at attacking the rim is an awesome skill to have in today's NBA, but it's a problem with us because it's the best offensive skill of all 3 of our likely back-court starters. It's going to limit the amount of minutes all 3 (Kemba, MKG, and Hendo) are going to be on the court together.

yes and it was terrible

most of the quotes don't match what he is talking about at all. It felt like Simmons' trying to force the new hot pop culture thing (that he is about 6 months late on the bandwagon for) that he's into and trying to make it adaptable to sports. Just write a column about Game of Thrones. It's not like Grantland is a sports-only site.

LuchaShaq

Banned
most of the quotes don't match what he is talking about at all. It felt like Simmons' trying to force the new hot pop culture thing (that he is about 6 months late on the bandwagon for) that he's into and trying to make it adaptable to sports. Just write a column about Game of Thrones. It's not like Grantland is a sports-only site.

Agree 100%, I usually like simmons, and I liked most of game of thrones (the show side at least) but that column was one of his worst in ages.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom