• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT2| Lakers Fans Despise Freedom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Amare got a Max after a 23/9 season. The Nyets gave a Max to Lopez after a 20/6 season and a broken foot.....#lolbrooklyn

while Brook was soaking his foot Amare still put up 17/7 .... which to put in perspective is the career average of Brook #lolbrooklyn

lol no

amare got a max because the knicks blew their load and gave him an uninsured contract despite the fact that every other team able to offer him a contract had more than a few questions about his knees surviving the length of any contract. it was also supposed to lead to another of those big name FAs signing in NY that summer but that didn't work so well. it was also even more ridiculous because even if they did want amare just by himself for a while, they never needed to make that mcgrady / all or nothing trade which pretty much cemented them in a get rich or die trying state for the next 5 years. it should say a great deal that joe johnson had a more movable contract than amare.

also, again, why do knicks fans keep acting like amare "arrived" that year? it wasn't even his best season in the nba. not only that, but the knicks played probably the easiest opening schedule in the league during that "he was the mvp for the first half of the year" shitty angle that you guys always push so often. even when he was at his best in that season, he still couldn't defend for shit - and that's exactly how your shit has been getting pushed in last year. so what the fuck is the point?

SUPREME1

Banned
YO YO THE NAME'S G-TIME, BIG FRAME, BIG GAME CALL ME BIG TIME.

BALL HARD EVERY NIGHT AND EVERY DAY, FROM THE 'BURG I REP IT IN A BIG WAY.

COME TO CLOSE I HIT YOU WITH THE BLOW BY, STRAIGHT TO THE RIM I'M JUST TOO HIGH.

STAY BACK AND I'll HIT J, TRY TO STOP ME THERE'S JUST NO WAY.

Word to your mother.

Yeah, maybe Utah Dwill. Nets Dwill is worse than Knicks Amare.

and I've seen the Knicks in the Finals in my lifetime. Not sure how old you are but I was born before 2000.

I meant right now and the future, not in the past. LMAO at dwill being worse than amare when he's better than amare and melo combined.

DY_nasty

I've said it plenty of times this team is a mess. Not sure if I've said it on GAF but in almost every other conversation I've always said the Knicks under Dolan are one of the worst run teams in all professional sports.

What I find hilarious is jumping ship to the Nets like it's any better. The team has just as bad a front office and it doesn't even have any good players.
p

There's a difference between good and hilariously overpaid.

Mikhail has made it clear through actions that money and the tax don't mean shit to him. You can bet he never would've let Lin walk. That's a pretty big deal. Owners that have no issue with tax or overpaying within the system almost always attract people for that fact alone.

Also, again, without Lin, the Knicks miss the playoffs - its just a fucking miracle that the Giants were in the Superbowl and kept Melo's ass out the fire.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
I meant right now and the future, not in the past. LMAO at dwill being worse than amare when he's better than amare and melo combined.

k96ujr3y.png

Omega

Banned

Mikhail has made it clear through actions that money and the tax don't mean shit to him. You can bet he never would've let Lin walk. That's a pretty big deal. Owners that have no issue with tax or overpaying within the system almost always attract people for that fact alone.

Also, again, without Lin, the Knicks miss the playoffs- its just a fucking miracle that the Giants were in the Superbowl and kept Melo's ass out the fire.

Oh I know this.

I'm not trying to argue that the Knicks are currently good or will be relevant in the next 2-3 years. I'm pretty confident we won't even make the playoffs this year.

We will just be more relevant than the Nets. Always have been.

Zeus Molecules

Also, again, without Lin, the Knicks miss the playoffs - its just a fucking miracle that the Giants were in the Superbowl and kept Melo's ass out the fire.

you write that thick paragraph above this statement .... and I had to admit it was all the truth. All those mistake are real.

Then you write this and "Poof" just like that all your BBIQ cred just went out the window with me.

Nelo Ice

Banned
Rockets and Magic won't be trading anytime soon. HOU just signed all their rookies, and they can't be moved for 30 days

Waiting for a better deal is really working out in Hennigans favor :lol. Dragging this out has done nothing but lower his leverage and Dwight's value.

edit:Well just read a trade can still be agreed to...they just gotta wait to complete it.

squicken

Hopefully there is no deal, the Magic can have Brook Lopez or Anderson Varejao.

They can agree to a deal in principle still, but with Morey in London for two weeks, seems unlikely. Guess Hennie is going to push to keep Dwight.

Read something that Rockets will have $30m in cap space next offseason. Too bad no FAs will ever come but it's nice to have I guess

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Waiting for a better deal is really working out in Hennigans favor :lol. Dragging this out has done nothing but lower his leverage and Dwight's value.

I mean you can say this but it's not actually true until they trade him (if they do). I remember people were saying the same shit about Denver.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
For how many decades have the Knicks been the worst team of that particular decade?

Pretty clear Howard is still hard body for Brooklyn at this point. Otherwise he'd demand a trade to LA or be forced to play for another bad team for 5 years.

He's ready to throw in all the chips and hope that a trade to Brooklyn can go through once Brook and Humps contracts are tradeable.

Nelo Ice

Banned
I mean you can say this but it's not actually true until they trade him (if they do). I remember people were saying the same shit about Denver.

I just can't see how any of the 2 or 3 teams involved giving up more than have to when there's no reason to up the ante. Only reason I think the Melo thing worked out was that Dolan was desperate for a superstar and was willing to throw everything at Denver.

Pretty clear Howard is still hard body for Brooklyn at this point. Otherwise he'd demand a trade to LA or be forced to play for another bad team for 5 years.

He's ready to throw in all the chips and hope that a trade to Brooklyn can go through once Brook and Humps contracts are tradeable.

If that's the case Hennigan is an idiot and should just trade him for anything but Brooklyn's shit. Nearly any team could offer better than a max contract Brook Lopez and late round picks.

DY_nasty

you write that thick paragraph above this statement .... and I had to admit it was all the truth. All those mistake are real.

Then you write this and "Poof" just like that all your BBIQ cred just went out the window with me.

How is it wrong? Knicks took a big ass hit with that move of letting Lin go. You can say that it didn't effect you, but to say that it didn't add to the fire is disingenuous.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
What are Knicks' fans expectations for the following players (PPG, RPG, APG, FG%, TOV):

1) Amare Stoudemire
2) Raymond Felton
3) Tyson Chandler

Go.

I'll bite.

1) 19/5/2/50/3 - A'marvin
2) 14/3/7/45/5 - RayRay
3) 18/10/.5/65/3 - Chandler

exarkun

Oh I know this.

I'm not trying to argue that the Knicks are currently good or will be relevant in the next 2-3 years. I'm pretty confident we won't even make the playoffs this year.

We will just be more relevant than the Nets. Always have been.

I seriously doubt this. It won't be like the Jets v Giants or Yankees v Mets since the Nets will be in Brooklyn. They are gonna reap the benefits of the being there in the next generation, and I think it will be more like White Sox v Cubs (I like the Sox, fuck the cubs cause they suck) where the north supports the Cubs and the south supports the white sox.

They are like the Clippers. They have the "new school coolness". Knicks suck for real though. Melo gets much love from me though.

Zeus Molecules

How is it wrong? Knicks took a big ass hit with that move of letting Lin go. You can say that it didn't effect you, but to say that it didn't add to the fire is disingenuous.

well I am assuming your saying the knicks won't make the playoffs this year without Lin? in that regard I have to say your absolutely wrong. The whole charm about Lin was he could become a good/great PG in a few seasons (and still could) with a mentor like Kidd and stuff. He is starter quality now but he also has flashes of being great. The fans hoped that the Knicks FO would invest in that and they didn't.

Also while Linsanity did give the Knicks some wins, a side effect of it was the Knicks FO not firing D'umbtoni earlier. Looking at Woodson's records as HC. Who can say the knicks wouldn't have got in the playoffs and maybe even a higher seed without Lin once D'umbtoni was gone.

DY_nasty

well I am assuming your saying the knicks won't make the playoffs this year without Lin? in that regard I have to say your absolutely wrong. The whole charm about Lin was he could become a good/great PG in a few seasons (and still could) with a mentor like Kidd and stuff. He is starter quality now but he also has flashes of being great. The fans hoped that the Knicks FO would invest in that and they didn't.

Also while Linsanity did give the Knicks some wins, a side effect of it was the Knicks FO not firing D'umbtoni earlier. Looking at Woodson's records as HC. Who can say the knicks wouldn't have got in the playoffs and maybe even a higher seed without Lin once D'umbtoni was gone.
If it weren't for Lin, Knicks wouldn't have made the playoffs last year - that's all I've ever said.

And please don't confuse new coach smell for success....

Fox318

931D9l.jpg

If that's the case Hennigan is an idiot and should just trade him for anything but Brooklyn's shit. Nearly any team could offer better than a max contract Brook Lopez and late round picks.

Didn't he just sign jameer to like 3 years 25 million? Dude is already wack. For all we know he might have the Nets deal as the highest on his list right now and is just waiting for a better offer before he accepts it.

Zeus Molecules

If it weren't for Lin, Knicks wouldn't have made the playoffs last year - that's all I've ever said.

And please don't confuse new coach smell for success....

like I said Linsanity was a gift and a curse it kept D'umbtoni on longer when he was a major problem. However yeah the Linsanity wins are what got the Knicks into the playoffs.

And sometimes that new coach smell is all a team needs to succeed.

DY_nasty

like I said Linsanity was a gift and a curse it kept D'umbtoni on longer when he was a major problem. However yeah the Linsanity wins are what got the Knicks into the playoffs.

And sometimes that new coach smell is all a team needs to succeed.
Linsanity wasn't even about the wins. The Knicks were on fuck-life mode before he saved their season. There's no point in acting like all he was worth was 8 wins.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
WojYahooNBA
Minnesota is finalizing a two-year, $20 million contract with free agent forward Andrei Kirilenko, league sources tell Y! Sports.

Good for them. Should be a fun team to watch.

WojYahooNBA
Minnesota is finalizing a two-year, $20 million contract with free agent forward Andrei Kirilenko, league sources tell Y! Sports.

Good for them. Should be a fun team to watch.

Khan is so bad.

How many playoff games and series wins did both teams have in that timeframe?

I don't know what's funnier. That the Clippers win this argument or that the winning answer for series wins is 1.

Zeus Molecules

Linsanity wasn't even about the wins. The Knicks were on fuck-life mode before he saved their season. There's no point in acting like all he was worth was 8 wins.

I agree Linsanity was a needed breath of fresh air, but like I said before it was a gift and a curse in hindsight. The knicks should of kept him, but you know the saying "one monkey don't stop no show"? Knicks still make the playoffs this year. After that idk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom