• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT2| Lakers Fans Despise Freedom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
8 Y / N -1

tumblr_lgbiwvsY8K1qf8yek.gif

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
AlexKennedyNBA
Orlando Magic general manager Rob Hennigan and his staff are currently meeting with Dwight Howard in Los Angeles, according to sources.

STAY HOME IN ORLANDO DWIGHT. WE LOVE YOU.

Omega

Banned
I'll bite.

1) 19/5/2/50/3 - A'marvin
2) 14/3/7/45/5 - RayRay
3) 18/10/.5/65/3 - Chandler

Amar'e isn't shooting 50 or putting up 19.

Chandler isn't putting up 18 either.

More like 15 for Amar'e. 12 for Ray, 10 for Tyson.

I'm sorry, what?

In what biazzaro universe is TC averaging 18 points a game?

You have to forgive him. A lot of Knick fans have become delusional and think players are better than they actually are.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
You have to forgive him. A lot of Knick fans have become delusional and think players are better than they actually are.

Until they leave town. Then they're bums who are worse than Raymond Felton.

So he can retire without winning a ring? Yea, that sounds fun.

People said the same shit about Dirk.

Loyalty is rewarded! Hell he can even keep selling those Loyalty t-shirts. Everybody wins!

Until they leave town. Then they're bums who are worse than Raymond Felton.

People said the same shit about Dirk.

Loyalty is rewarded! Hell he can even keep selling those Loyalty t-shirts. Everybody wins!

Except Dirk has a great owner... Orlando has, well, a dumbass owner. Also, you're in the East with a retooled Brooklyn and Miami. If you think the Magic are getting to the finals any time soon with your cast of characters, especially with having to get passed Miami, lol.

Except Dirk has a great owner... Orlando has, well, a dumbass owner. Also, you're in the East with a retooled Brooklyn and Miami. If you think the Magic are getting to the finals any time soon with your cast of characters, especially with having to get passed Miami, lol.

you mean GM/management. Their owner is 85 and just chillin'.

And the owner ain't cheap. If the owner isn't directly involved, if he ain't cheap then you can't say he's a bad owner. Just too bad Otis Smith fucked them over.

SUPREME1

Banned
I'd have preferred Deewight as it might have been enough to put us over the top... but that deal is dead and the Lakers need to move on with Andrew.

If Nash can get the most out of Bynum, then that might just be as good. It'll be all offense, but if that squad is hitting on all cylinders, it just might be enough.

What was the last team to win with almost pure offense?

: (

you mean GM/management. Their owner is 85 and just chillin'.

And the owner ain't cheap. If the owner isn't directly involved, if he ain't cheap then you can't say he's a bad owner. Just too bad Otis Smith fucked them over.

By dumb, I mean he stayed with Otis for way too long. By dumb, I mean giving a contract to Rashard Lewis for 100+ million. By dumb, I mean taking Hedo back with his contract. And since the owner makes the ultimate decisions, yes, he's dumb.

I'd have preferred Deewight as it might have been enough to put us over the top... but that deal is dead and the Lakers need to move on with Andrew.

If Nash can get the most out of Bynum, then that might just be as good. It'll be all offense, but if that squad is hitting on all cylinders, it just might be enough.

What was the last team to win with almost pure offense?

: (

HELL no. Let us NOT sign Andrew to a long term deal. For the love of all things purple and gold, let us not give that dude any more money.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
I think fans would grudgingly welcome him back but he has exhausted all the goodwill he's going to get there

If he stays then the fans will forgive him. People will forgive one of the best players in the league for a lot of shit.

Also this revisionist history shit is awful. Magic made it to 1 finals and to another ECF. Yeah they don't have the team to do it now, not after losing their 2nd best player from last season, but they have money to work with next season and a nearly blank slate 2 years from now.

By dumb, I mean he stayed with Otis for way too long. By dumb, I mean giving a contract to Rashard Lewis for 100+ million. By dumb, I mean taking Hedo back with his contract. And since the owner makes the ultimate decisions, yes, he's dumb.

HELL no. Let us NOT sign Andrew to a long term deal. For the love of all things purple and gold, let us not give that dude any more money.

I don't think the Owner does much, honestly. A lot of owners just own the team and let it manage itself. Like most large businesses.

Regarding Bynum, they have no other choice. They can't lose him for nothing.

If he stays then the fans will forgive him. People will forgive one of the best players in the league for a lot of shit.

Also this revisionist history shit is awful. Magic made it to 1 finals and to another ECF. Yeah they don't have the team to do it now, not after losing their 2nd best player from last season, but they have money to work with next season and a nearly blank slate 2 years from now.

And are in the same conference as the Miami Heat and Brooklyn Nets who has a mob boss hitman for an owner who won't stop until he destroys all other teams.

I don't think the Owner does much, honestly. A lot of owners just own the team and let it manage itself. Like most large businesses.

Regarding Bynum, they have no other choice. They can't lose him for nothing.

Like hell. Lose him, trade him, do not resign him. He isn't leading us anywhere. He is a man child who will never grown up.

21/9/53% for Amare? lolol.

Why is that impossible or crazy or whatever.

He did 17/7/48% with a fucked up back, out of shape, mourning his dead brother and a broken jumper.

Just having his jumpshot return to normal and his weight return to normal should make it easy to get the 4 points required to raise that scoring average and FG%. Also, 21 and 9 are right around his career averages. It'd be one thing to suggest he's gonna be scoring like 2010/2011 first half Amare...but returning to a normal jumper in a normal season with normal health?

He did 17/7/48% with a fucked up back, out of shape, mourning his dead brother and a broken jumper.

Just having his jumpshot return to normal and his weight return to normal should make it easy to get the 4 points required to raise that scoring average and FG%. Also, 21 and 9 are right around his career averages. It'd be one thing to suggest he's gonna be scoring like 2010/2011 first half Amare...but returning to a normal jumper in a normal season with normal health?

Therein lies the problem.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
Dwight will start the season in Orlando.

Oh yeah I agree the Magic rode it out last year and guilt tripped him into doing an extra year. Why not double down and see if they can convince him to stay for a few more.

If his back is as messed up as they say and he doesn't come in 100% that might help their cause (slightly). I mean what do they have to lose ... taking on a Max Brook Lopez contract or sending him to the same team that got Shaq after them and won a bunch of championships or all that trash/picks from the rockets?

933141955f5d41c09041941dfe5bb126.jpg

charsace

People think Amar'e can't play basketball. He only scored more than 10ppg because of Nash. Don't you know.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou

Come on Orlando fans only hate him because he keeps talking about how he wants out and how the organization isn't good enough for him. If he signed to stay for 5 years everybody would forget this shit ever happened and Dwight would be forgiven.

Also don't think it was mentioned but the NBA is going to make that large advanced stats database thats been available to the media and a select few before now open to the general public in the near future. Sounds pretty neat.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Come on Orlando fans only hate him because he keeps talking about how he wants out and how the organization isn't good enough for him. If he signed to stay for 5 years everybody would forget this shit ever happened and Dwight would be forgiven.
lol, speak for yourself

SUPREME1

Banned

It shall come to pass, for I have forseen it. The age of Jim is upon us.

A time when brother will shit on brother. When bandwagons will fill with red and blue knock off jerseys.

Kings of NBA-GAF shall fall, replaced by dirty LLL peasants. Bynum will get his max, Captain... and then he shall get his max once more after that.

Scary times are upon us. Keep your sword by your side and trust no one.

It shall come to pass, for I have forseen it. The age of Jim is upon us.

A time when brother will shit on brother. When bandwagons will fill with red and blue knock off jerseys.

Kings of NBA-GAF shall fall, replaced by dirty LLL peasants. Bynum will get his max, Captain... and then he shall get his max once more after that.

Scary times are upon us. Keep your sword by your side and trust no one.

I refuse to give into you, devil. Be gone. For I am keeping the faith that Dwight will be in purple and gold and we shalt not have to pay the dolt man child named Andrew.

Omega

Banned

People think Amar'e can't play basketball. He only scored more than 10ppg because of Nash. Don't you know.

It's not the scoring that's the questionable part.

It's the getting 9 rebounds and 53% shooting part that is.

Amar'e is perhaps the worst rebounding forward in basketball. He also spent the better part of last season shooting jumpshots which is going to keep him from shooting 50%. Even with the help of Hakeem, he's not going to be banging bodies down low, and his FGA are going to come primarily from 15-18 foot jumpers.

AK47 can still play, but that's a lot of money. Will be interesting to see if the Wolves use him as mostly a backup center since I think he could fit really well there with Love playing PF since Love could defend the post guys and could rebound while AK does help defense. They're going to have to give Williams some minutes and all of those will probably be at SF so it's going to be crowed at the forward spots in Minnesota if they try and play AK elsewhere.

Shurs

Wolves could be legit next year if everyone stays clear of injuries...

I dunno. We saw how poorly they played when Rubio was out, last season, and it's going to take him awhile to get back.

I like the Kirilenko signing.

I like what he brings to the team.

He's in his early thirties, and ten million per year is a lot, but it's only for two years.

GaimeGuy's rant yesterday about how a Kirilenko signing ruins the future of the team seems like a big exaggeration.

And are in the same conference as the Miami Heat and Brooklyn Nets who has a mob boss hitman for an owner who won't stop until he destroys all other teams.

Like hell. Lose him, trade him, do not resign him. He isn't leading us anywhere. He is a man child who will never grown up.

there is no one to get if it isn't dwight. if there was a better option, it would be taken.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
It's not the scoring that's the questionable part.

It's the getting 9 rebounds and 53% shooting part that is.

Amar'e is perhaps the worst rebounding forward in basketball. He also spent the better part of last season shooting jumpshots which is going to keep him from shooting 50%. Even with the help of Hakeem, he's not going to be banging bodies down low, and his FGA are going to come primarily from 15-18 foot jumpers.

ok the rebounds are high I agree but 8.8 rebounds career average is not the numbers of one of the worse forwards in the league. He isn't a great rebounder but he can rebound. Anyway its not like he is a center....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom