• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT2| Lakers Fans Despise Freedom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mxrz

Its that Jarrod Rudolph guy again.

But probably isn't too far from the truth. Oh well. We can retire Redick and Jameer's jerseys someday.

* Trade him to the Knicks for Chandler. Ruin everybodys Christmas.

pilonv1

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA

Orlando officials have repeatedly told people they want the kind of knockout package Denver received for Anthony, but will it present self?

No, there isn't another dumbshit like Dolan around

bahahahaaha

this just keeps getting better and better

That's awesome. Houston had the best assets to offer, but no way they trade 'em all when Dwight is putting his foot down like that. Lakers now, Nets later or Dallas much later.

They traded Anderson for shit, signed Jameer and did little else. Funny stuff.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
L O FUCKING L

What horrible professionalism. You think Howard gives two fucks about "getting to know one another"?

I don't blame him at all for maintaining his decision.

Amazing.

I do. the dumbass just signed a 1 year extension like 3 months ago. He could have been gone now. Who signs a 1 year extension then before the contract period starts for that extension bitches about not wanting to be there?

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
That's awesome. Houston had the best assets to offer, but no way they trade 'em all when Dwight is putting his foot down like that. Lakers now, Nets later or Dallas much later.

They traded Anderson for shit, signed Jameer and did little else. Funny stuff.

Best part is they're paying Jameer almost the same money they could have paid to keep Ryan. Fucking great.

I don't even care at this point. Make him play every single game, 48 minutes a night. If he doesn't play then fine him for conduct detrimental to the team. Encourage the fans to show up to boo his ass every night. Make his time left in Orlando as miserable as possible.

SamuraiX-

I do. the dumbass just signed a 1 year extension like 3 months ago. He could have been gone now. Who signs a 1 year extension then before the contract period starts for that extension bitches about not wanting to be there?

It's pretty hard to overlook that. Didn't make any sense on Dwight's part.

Maybe Otis promised that he would finally get his shit together and start putting legitimate pieces around him.
lawl

tumblr_m5g3gv4OUG1qm15teo9_r1_250.gif

jman2050

Dwight's a baby but Hennigan is looking pretty stupid here. Could be worse I guess, we could have Steve Francis walking through the door.

Why am I a Magic fan again?

Like I said before, no way they start training camp with Dwight on the roster. That'd be a Dwightmare to end all Dwightmares. Not only will it make Dwight look even worse, which would push him to demand a trade even harder, but it will make them look like a bunch of fools.

I got a feeling he gets traded for a lowball offer, not necessarily LA, but someone is gonna step up and won't have any competition. If Dwight is still in Orlando and Mitch cuts ties and says he's done, someone is gonna be left with a whole lot of leverage.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
AlexKennedyNBA
Dwight Howard agreed to meet with the Magic, thinking they'd have a coach and plan to improve roster in place. Today, they had neither.

I mean there is really nothing else to say.

AlexKennedyNBA
Dwight Howard agreed to meet with the Magic, thinking they'd have a coach and plan to improve roster in place. Today, they had neither.

I mean there is really nothing else to say.

Lawl that's clearly Fegan feeding them info

Josh Robbins said differently

Josh Robbins ‏@JoshuaBRobbins
D12 made it clear he has no desire to return to Magic. So he saw no need to discuss the team's future -- or the new coach.

SamuraiX-

I still don't get why they let Ryno essentially walk yet they resigned JaMEE.

None of their offseason moves have made much sense so far, whether they were planning to try and keep Dwight or not.

Lawl that's clearly Fegan feeding them info

Josh Robbins said differently

Robbins also said:
The source also said the Magic didn't try, per se, to convince D12 to stay. Hennigan said he wanted to build trust w/Dwight.

Fuck trust, the clock is ticking and he's acting like this isn't a huge issue. Unless Hennigan has a huge trade in waiting for some combo of Hedo/Davis/JRich/Jameer for a legit star, he has fucked up this entire offseason.

I still don't get why they let Ryno essentially walk yet they resigned JaMEE.

None of their offseason moves have made much sense so far, whether they were planning to try and keep Dwight or not.

Jameer was the obvious choice to cut loose instead of paying him 8 mil per for the next 3 years. He's 30, doesn't play well with Dwight, takes shitty shots and may outright dislike Dwight. Ryno was 24, 24 and could get better.

None of their moves have made sense, you can't half-ass a roster blow up.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Jameer was the obvious choice to cut loose instead of paying him 8 mil per for the next 3 years. He's 30, doesn't play well with Dwight, takes shitty shots and may outright dislike Dwight. Ryno was 24, 24 and could get better.

Is it possible for a guy to win most improved player 2 years in a row?

Cause he will with New Orleans!

:(

Keeping Ryno is the definition of a half-ass roster blow up; he'd be awful on a rebuilding team.

Jameer is a vet presence who's already said he's cool with a rebuild. He's paid too much but w/e, team will suck and he'll be a nice expiring in 2 years with his non-guaranteed final season.

LOLZ fuck you Dwight, I hope they keep him so he can leave to go and play for less money. Like Dirk, OJ Mayo, and they rest of that roster are contenders. All this report does is give every team not named the Magic leverage.

Keeping Ryno is the definition of a half-ass roster blow up; he'd be awful on a rebuilding team.

Jameer is a vet presence who's already said he's cool with a rebuild. He's paid too much but w/e, team will suck and he'll be a nice expiring in 2 years with his non-guaranteed final season.

That's fine if you have a deal in place to ship out Dwight, but that's pretty half-assed if you're trying to keep Dwight.

"We signed Jameer, he'll be around for the next two years making too much money like Hedo, JRich and Davis, but in 3 years we can rebuild so when you're out of your prime we might have a nice roster."

Magic roster is putrid with very little hope to improve without a full on fire sale and tank.

Select quotes:

Henny sounds like a clown.

Henny - "We gonna bond and shit, gonna go fishing and watch The Goonies together"
Dwight - "How are we gonna turn our shit roster into a contender?"
Henny - "....The Sandlot, we could watch The Sandlot instead."
Dwight - "I want to win a ring, either in LA, Brooklyn or whoever isn't you in 2013"
Henny - "We could make s'mores and we could bring Glen Davis"
Dwight - "..FUCK.THIS.PLACE."
H - "....We could not invite Glen.....where are you going Dwight?"

God I am the founding member of the Moris 4 Pres club. So. Freaking. Good. Fooorrrreeeevvvvveeeerrrrr....

That's fine if you have a deal in place to ship out Dwight, but that's pretty half-assed if you're trying to keep Dwight.

"We signed Jameer, he'll be around for the next two years making too much money like Hedo, JRich and Davis, but in 3 years we can rebuild so when you're out of your prime we might have a nice roster."

Magic roster is putrid with very little hope to improve without a full on fire sale and tank.

Gee, ya think?

A complete rebuild is what's always been in the cards but it doesn't hurt for Hennigan to try one last time to see if Dwight might have randomly changed his mind since he did so on the day of the trade deadline.

Gee, ya think?

A complete rebuild is what's always been in the cards but it doesn't hurt for Hennigan to try one last time to see if Dwight might have randomly changed his mind since he did so on the day of the trade deadline.

Yes it does, it makes Dwight value dwindle despite being the best center in the league, it pisses everyone off and it makes you as a franchise look stupid.

All the packages for Dwight have been underwhelming to down right shitty, but trying to wait for some magical deal that isn't materializing is reminding everyone why Dwight is leaving in the first place. Orlando makes really bad decisions and it has led them to where they are.
If he stays Orlando still can't contend until a few years down the line with a large amount of luck. Time to count your losses and burn that muthafucka down.

Dwight ALWAYS randomly changes his mind. You have to just expect that and get the deal done.
Jared Zwerling:
Between J.R. Smith's tweets every two minutes and Dwight Howard updates (but are they really?), Twitter couldn't be better these days. about 27 minutes ago
Seriously, you people need to spend some time reading JR's tweets. Fucking hilarious.

Yes it does, it makes Dwight value dwindle despite being the best center in the league, it pisses everyone off and it makes you as a franchise look stupid.

All the packages for Dwight have been underwhelming to down right shitty, but trying to wait for some magical deal that isn't materializing is reminding everyone why Dwight is leaving in the first place.
Orlando makes really bad decisions and it has led them to where they are.
If he stays Orlando still can't contend until a few years down the line with a large amount of luck. Time to count your losses and burn that muthafucka down.

Maybe if you're a moron, that's called a team doing their due diligence to make sure an offer is the best it can be. You can take a terrible deal anytime; no point in rushing, letting him walk for nothing is preferable to most of the deals out there anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom