• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT2| Lakers Fans Despise Freedom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

squicken

Henny done goofed.

Yep. He may have inherited a bad situation but he still botched it. Clearly it was him throwing out all those wild rumors in hopes of sparking interest.

Sucks for HOU. Little brother complex in the city won't be helped by the Dwight to Dallas stuff. If Rox did trade for him that would hang over things and could cause trouble. I don't think Morey is going to do it unless it is him getting the sweetheart deal. The chance for Orlando getting much in return has passed. If I was the owner I'd just tell Dwight to eat a bag of and play out his deal and take less money in FA

Maybe if you're a moron, that's called a team doing their due diligence to make sure an offer is the best it can be. You can take a terrible deal anytime; no point in rushing, letting him walk for nothing is preferable to most of the deals out there anyway.

I think getting at least one draft pick and dumping shitty contracts is a lot better than nothing (letting him walk to Dallas).

There's no doubt that Dwight being an asshole has made this a whole lot harder but unless there's a deal that hasn't leaked that included picks prospects and taking on contracts there's no good deal out there.

Dwight has basically eliminated any leverage Magic might have had with teams not named Mavericks, Lakers or Nets by saying he won't be staying. No one wants to be in the magic's shoes next year nor will they give up anything worthwhile to be the 2013 Magic Circus.

Perhaps there's a team who will come out of nowhere with a nice package and for some reason Dwight assures them he'll stay, then all this waiting will be worth it. I don't think anyone is that naive, Orlando is basically Julia Roberts in Pretty Women but Richard Gere never shows up and she ends up sucking cocks for the rest of her life.

Omega

Banned
I doubt Woodson even plays him much. He'll be 5th guard in the rotation once SHUMPSDAGOD returns.

Sad part is you're right.

Although Brewer should be backing up Shump once he returns. JR Smith doesn't deserve to be on a basketball court.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
I think getting at least one draft pick and dumping shitty contracts is a lot better than nothing (letting him walk to Dallas).

There's no doubt that Dwight being an asshole has made this a whole lot harder but unless there's a deal that hasn't leaked that included picks prospects and taking on contracts there's no good deal out there.

Dwight has basically eliminated any leverage Magic might have had with teams not named Mavericks, Lakers or Nets by saying he won't be staying. No one wants to be in the magic's shoes next year nor will they give up anything worthwhile to be the 2013 Magic Circus.

Perhaps there's a team who will come out of nowhere with a nice package and for some reason Dwight assures them he'll stay, then all this waiting will be worth it. I don't think anyone is that naive, Orlando is basically Julia Roberts in Pretty Women but Richard Gere never shows up and she ends up sucking cocks for the rest of her life.

Some team out there is going to treat him as a giant expiring contract and a way to just go for a title this year. It's going to happen, whether its now or whether its closer to January. Said team can offer something better then whats on the table right now.

Really theres no reason to trade him now with the draft and free agency being finished unless its specifically a deal Houston with young players coming back in a few weeks. If he's going to hold out then make him hold out.

squicken

Some team out there is going to treat him as a giant expiring contract and a way to just go for a title this year. It's going to happen, whether its now or whether its closer to January. Said team can offer something better then whats on the table right now.

Really theres no reason to trade him now with the draft and free agency being finished unless its specifically a deal Houston with young players coming back in a few weeks. If he's going to hold out then make him hold out.

How would that work? Teams going for titles generally don't have good picks to offer, nor do they have cap space to take on Richardosn, Hedo, or Duhon. So what exactly would Orlando get from this title contending team that's going for it?

Who? Any deal set up like you described wouldn't benefit Orlando, unless I'm missing this magical Richard Gere team.

Why does anyone think a better deal will just materialize? Their leverage is dwindling. Any offer made in jan will be worse than what's on the table now. Keeping him and letting him walk is straight bitterness talking.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Why does anyone think a better deal will just materialize? Their leverage is dwindling. Any offer made in jan will be worse than what's on the table now. Keeping him and letting him walk is straight bitterness talking.

It came for Denver...

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
Brewer will be the third best player on the Knicks and will immediately go from being mocked by dumb media members as a scrub to being hyped by those same guys as one of the gritty, real tough guys in the NBA and a DPotY candidate.

Look he is better than Fields due to his defense and he is pennies on the dollar.

... He's the starting SG. Knicks plan to keep JR as 6th man.

Sad part is you're right.

Although Brewer should be backing up Shump once he returns. JR Smith doesn't deserve to be on a basketball court.

Brewer will start he already said his agent told him that. JR, Novak, will be the scoring from the bench. When Shump returns I expect Brewer to still start. Shump is coming off a major injury and the smart move would be to not rush him back. Let him just be a rotation player for the rest of the year who can come in mid game fresh and play good D.

But Dolan is still around.

Dwight Duhon Q Richand Hedo for Melo Shumps Chandler picks, cash and a Linsanity shirt

all I can say to that trade proposal is ....

"DON'T YOU PUT THAT EVIL ON ME RICKY BOBBY!! DON'T YOU PUT THAT ON US!!"

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou

Why would you think a better deal wouldnt present itself?

Dwight will prove hes healthy and some GM who thinks he's I don't know a top 5 player and the best center in the NBA away from competing for a championship will trade some assets for him.

Zeus Molecules

Yeah, but Brewer is still better on offense.

803748_o.gif

I'm not too sure the situations are totally analagous. The Mavs and Lakers are no where near stupid enough to cough up like NY, and the Nets offer in Jan still includes max Lopez.

Lakers won't cough up more than AB+filler, Mavs don't have much to cough up and The Nets have already showed what they'd cough up and everyone gasped. Bropez+picks and Humps to some other team while taking a bad contract, maybe they'll add Marshon or something, but they don't have much left to deal.

Again nothing you said matters, just the same garbage that Nelotard was shitting around last week. Getting absolutely nothing is better than trading with the Lakers or BKN.

Blackace

I'm not too sure the situations are totally analagous. The Mavs and Lakers are no where near stupid enough to cough up like NY, and the Nets offer in Jan still includes max Lopez.

I think they are totally comparable... Melo gave one location... Tons of teams including the Rockets tried to make moves for him and finally the Knicks gave up all they did for him..

The Nets will still offer Lopez but they will have time to find a willing 3rd team

squicken

I think they are totally comparable... Melo gave one location... Tons of teams including the Rockets tried to make moves for him and finally the Knicks gave up all they did for him..

The Nets will still offer Lopez but they will have time to find a willing 3rd team

I would agree that the Nets would be the front runners, but that third team is going to have to be pretty well compensated if it's going to be an accessory to creating another super team. And is Dwight going to be playing for 3 months? Sitting out with an injury?

Again nothing you said matters, just the same garbage that Nelotard was shitting around last week. Getting absolutely nothing is better than trading with the Lakers or BKN.

I understand not wanting to give Howard what he wants for being a prick, but letting him go for nothing is a bad basketball decision. That's pride fucking with you. If he's leaving anyway, you should take whatever you can get.

If you're gonna be a Boss about it, meet with Dwight tell him he isn't going anywhere and play chicken with him, dare him to leave all that money on the table.

Zeus Molecules

Lopez is going to be what gums the works of a trade. They signed him to too much.

Blackace

I would agree that the Nets would be the front runners, but that third team is going to have to be pretty well compensated if it's going to be an accessory to creating another super team. And is Dwight going to be playing for 3 months? Sitting out with an injury?

GMs dont think like that... If a 3rd team is getting expirings or bettering themselves for a playoff run they don't really care what happens

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
I understand not wanting to give Howard what he wants for being a prick, but letting him go for nothing is a bad basketball decision. That's pride fucking with you. If he's leaving anyway, you should take whatever you can get.

If you're gonna be a Boss about it, meet with Dwight tell him he isn't going anywhere and play chicken with him, dare him to leave all that money on the table.

Why?

If the Magic trade him to some team then they have to take money back. I would rather have nothing then have Brook Lopez for the max.

The key word there was Knicks. Lakers, Nets and Mavs are the teams Dwight wants. They're the Knicks comparables. I don't see it happening.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
You also would rather have AK than JJ... So yeah...

What? I'd rather have AK on a 2 year deal then the albatross JJ has. That's like not the same fucking thing at all but okay.

Joe Johnson will still have 2 years and 48 million dollars left on his contract by the time AK's contract expires.

This shit again? DERP ALL OFFERS ARE BAD SO TAKE OUR TERRIBLE GARBAGE HURHUR

19 million off the books > Bynumbskull @ 100 million or the 6 RPG center

Blackace

The key word there was Knicks. Lakers, Nets and Mavs are the teams Dwight wants. They're the Knicks comparables. I don't see it happening.

I have been following up to min what D12 wants.. Last I heard he would only sign an extension with the nets

squicken

GMs dont think like that... If a 3rd team is getting expirings or bettering themselves for a playoff run they don't really care what happens

Granted all the rumors were probably coming from ORL or Howard's agent, but it seemed like CLE was driving a really hard bargain. Hard to know since it seems Henny was never going to deal him

Why?

If the Magic trade him to some team then they have to take money back. I would rather have nothing then have Brook Lopez for the max.

Do you think someone competing with Brooklyn's deal will be much better? Houston's package sounded nice but with Dwight giving them the finger, it was probably nothing more than a pipedream.

So the best option for Orlando is to let dwight walk...

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Do you think someone competing with Brooklyn's deal will be much better? Houston's package sounded nice but with Dwight giving them the finger, it was probably nothing more than a pipedream.

So the best option for Orlando is to let dwight walk...

I don't think it'll come to that. Some other team will decide to go all in, trade expiring contracts of their own for Dwight along with picks and young players, and that deal will be much better than whatever the Lakers or Nets are offering right now.

But yeah if it comes to it, I'd rather have nothing instead of Brook Lopez.

Blackace

Granted all the rumors were probably coming from ORL or Howard's agent, but it seemed like CLE was driving a really hard bargain. Hard to know since it seems Henny was never going to deal him

Cle wanted AB.. And what they have to trade they aren't willing to part with..

Nelo Ice

Banned

If they got Bynum they can at least see if he's worth keeping and if not let his ass walk it accomplishes the same thing as letting Dwight walk. Or hell just get expirings from any other team and get draft picks for their trouble if they really want to take a lowball offer. Right now Hennigans just let Dwight confirm his destination and no team is gonna bother upping their offer when they know the end game for Dwight is LA or Brooklyn. Of course you want him to do anything but give Dwight to LA or Brooklyn.

All this has done so far take up all of Hennigans focus and waste everyones time. What the hell have the Magic done besides trading Anderson and resigning Jameer? Hell they don't even have a coach yet. And if Dwight is there during the season all that accomplishes is having a massive cancer on the team. Also if that happens why the hell would any free agent want to go to Orlando after seeing how they handle their business?

I have been following up to min what D12 wants.. Last I heard he would only sign an extension with the nets
I thought he wasn't signing an extension with anyone as he'll make more waiting the year out. I thought he's agreed to resign with the Lakers and Nets though.

Nelo Ice

Banned
I thought he wasn't signing an extension with anyone as he'll make more waiting the year out. I thought he's agreed to resign with the Lakers and Nets though.

He isn't. If he gets his wish at all he's going to resign as a free agent to get a new contract for 5 years and 100+mil.

This shit again? DERP ALL OFFERS ARE BAD SO TAKE OUR TERRIBLE GARBAGE HURHUR

19 million off the books > Bynumbskull @ 100 million or the 6 RPG center

I agree that all deals are crappy thus far, I wasn't suggesting taking LA's package as it seems ORL would ship Bynum for an even shittier CLE package. Though I'd obviously approve.

Not like it matters, Hennigan will end up eating that Max Bropez deal in January and like it, then overpay more average players the following offseason. That White Knight NBA team with prospects, picks and the willingness to gamble with Dwight is gonna show up or you're gonna let your franchise center wlak...again.

This summarizes Oralndo's situation:
tumblr_l8hxknNmRf1qdoghio1_400.gif

If they got Bynum they can at least see if he's worth keeping and if not let his ass walk it accomplishes the same thing as letting Dwight walk. Or hell just get expirings from any other team and get draft picks for their trouble if they really want to take a lowball offer. Right now Hennigans just let Dwight confirm his destination and no team is gonna bother upping their offer when they know the end game for Dwight is LA or Brooklyn. Of course you want him to do anything but give Dwight to LA or Brooklyn.

All this has done so far take up all of Hennigans focus and waste everyones time. What the hell have the Magic done besides trading Anderson and resigning Jameer? Hell they don't even have a coach yet. And if Dwight is there during the season all that accomplishes is having a massive cancer on the team. Also if that happens why the hell would any free agent want to go to Orlando after seeing how they handle their business?

Except everyone knows Bynum isn't that good, so no; fuck your shitty ideas.

And Dwight said on the first day of free agency that there was only one team he'd sign with long-term. Not seeing how what he said tonight someone changes anything, Morey was operating all along without any assurance of an extension. If Dwight is still on the team, he'll be "injured" and miss most of the season, come back in March or so and drop a couple 20/20s before "re-aggravating" his injury and then walk in the summer as the Magic get a Top 2 pick beating the Bobcats yet again in the lottery.

And no other FA will be so stupid as to sign a one-year extension on a team they wanted to leave all along, so you're wrong again there Nelotard.

squicken

I agree that all deals are crappy thus far, I wasn't suggesting taking LA's package as it seems ORL would ship Bynum for an even shittier CLE package. Though I'd obviously approve.

Not like it matters, Hennigan will end up eating that Max Bropez deal in January and like it, then overpay more average players the following offseason. That White Knight NBA team with prospects, picks and the willingness to gamble with Dwight is gonna show up or you're gonna let your franchise center wlak...again.

This summarizes Oralndo's situation:
[IG]http://26.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_l8hxknNmRf1qdoghio1_400.gif[/IMG]

At some point I'd like to know if HOU ever made an actual offer, or were scared away by the agent. b/c of all the teams, while maybe Henny couldn't get everything he wanted, he could have dumped some contracts and gotten some young players

Hennigan reminds me so much of Rob Babcock. Rookie GM way out of his depth forced to trade the franchise player, and about to get eaten by the wolves who smell blood.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom