• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT2| Lakers Fans Despise Freedom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fox318

ZNZkf.gif

Pkaz01

I'm so fucking sick of Dwight Howard. It's actually causing me to stay out of this thread lately and avoid Clutchfans.

"Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA
Y! Sources: Dwight Howard tells Magic he wants trade to Los Angeles Lakers in short-term, Brooklyn Nets in longer"

I mean this shit is just hilariously absurd.

Seriously at this point is anyone even a fan of howard anymore? Even if he came to my team I wouldn't buy his damn jersey

charsace

If I was the magic's owner I would tell Dwight this,

"I know you want to leave Dwight, that you're gonna leave. But while you're under contract here and now, you're my bitch. So you can eat a bag of dicks daily until your contract here runs out and then sign for less someplace else, because I'm not helping you out with a sign and trade, bitch."

That's what I would tell him.

chizmiz

Banned

"I know you want to leave Dwight, that you're gonna leave. But while you're under contract here and now, you're my bitch. So you can eat a bag of dicks daily until your contract here runs out and then sign for less someplace else, because I'm not helping you out with a sign and trade, bitch."

And it would cost you a potential couple draft picks at least, just for the sake of insulting him.

charsace

And it would cost you a potential couple draft picks at least, just for the sake of insulting him.

Dwight's punk ass has insulted the organization and fans with the way he's toying with them. At least Lebron wasn't toying with cleveland the whole way through. Melo let it be known that he wanted to play for the Knicks or the Nets. Dwight is a straight up bitch. He gets people fired because maybe that will make him stay in Orlando. He would have been traded already and probably would have signed with the nets this off season, but he signed that extension because he didn't want to go with the lakers. Fuck this guy. Fuck being nice to him. No team will give Orlando a good package just to rent Howard and he's gonna leave anyways. Why be nice to him?

For once Hunter and I agree. The draft picks the Magic would get would probably suck anyways, it's worth more to me to lose the cap space and give him the finger

KingKong

His options as a free agent will be fairly limited so going to Dallas wouldn't be too bad, especially if they can convince another big free agent to come.

Well sure, if they can get CP3 then it makes sense, but really, he wants to be traded to the Lakers now, the Nets in January or go to Dallas next year. Does he even know what he wants?

zargle

chizmiz said:

I would be less worried about the loss of potential draft picks than the reputation among players that you treat them poorly, making it so no one wants to go to or stay in Orlando in the future.

His options as a free agent will be fairly limited so going to Dallas wouldn't be too bad, especially if they can convince another big free agent to come.

But Dallas cant fit another max salary... Its crazy he wont even consider Hou who could fit two max salaries and had young pieces to fit around him. Instead he and old man dirk will try to get passed the second round.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
At some point I'd like to know if HOU ever made an actual offer, or were scared away by the agent. b/c of all the teams, while maybe Henny couldn't get everything he wanted, he could have dumped some contracts and gotten some young players

Houston gave them multiple offers that they could decide from...

everything they did this offseason was to offer the Magic..

Hennigan and the Magic just need to bite the bullet and get it over with. Howard is not going to cooperate to help them get a better deal. The rockets have the most to offer them, but if were Morey I wouldn't be willing to give up much because of Howard's refusal to commit to anywhere but BKN, LA, or Dallas.

This is the best deal I think Hennigan can hope for

• Dwight Howard and Jason Richardson
for
  • Kevin Martin, Terrence Jones, Josh Harrellson, Memphis 1st, Charlotte 2nd

You can make the argument that is still a bad deal for Houston, but I think the possibility of either convincing Howard to stay or getting him to agree to a sign and trade make it worth it for the Rockets.

Hennigan and the Magic just need to bite the bullet and get it over with. Howard is not going to cooperate to help them get a better deal. The rockets have the most to offer them, but if were Morey I wouldn't be willing to give up much because of Howard's refusal to commit to anywhere but BKN, LA, or Dallas.

for

That deal kind of sounds terrible

I would honestly just let him rot another year in Orlando. But that's an emotional decision which is why I am not a GM

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!

for
If Lamb is not part of deal I hang up the phone

I hate Knicks/Lakers Christmas Day and Knicks/Nets Opening Day. There's no connection from previous years on Christmas Day with Knicks/Lakers nowadays (usually they do team who met in the playoffs/rivalry). Yes there used to be eons ago, but I would've rather seen a Nuggets/Lakers playoff rematch. And 1st game in the Barclay Center and you're putting the Knicks there? Guess ownership was afraid they couldn't sell out the new arena on Opening Night and had to get some Knicks fans in there.
I think they are done. I give it 50/50 odds Chris Smith gets the last roster spot as part of the "wink" "wink" deal that led JR to not even test Free Agency.
PG: Felton, Kidd, Prigioni
SG: Brewer, Smith, Shumpert (injured)
SF: Anthony, Novak, White, Copeland (Non-guaranteed)
PF: Stoudemire, Thomas
C: Chandler, Camby

They're pretty much done at the guard positions. If anything I think they just carry 14 unless there's a project big they like.
But he sucks.
JR for that contract/reigned in as 6th man isn't bad at all. Knicks just had to play him too much.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Yeah. Some players look really bad when they play too much.

They just need someone to keep them on the bench. Where no one can see.

And 1st game in the Barclay Center and you're putting the Knicks there? Guess ownership was afraid they couldn't sell out the new arena on Opening Night and had to get some Knicks fans in there.

Unless teams can schedule games like you can in college football I am not sure what the hell you are talking about

Fox318

How often is that?

I probably fly 2-4 times a year but then again athletes today probably spend 1/8th of their career on a plane or train so it's almost like a second home to them.

The only time I've ever gone to sleep with a hat is when it's cold and the heat isn't working or the fire hasn't warmed up the house yet.

I just like not having a hat on when I try and sleep. Maybe it's just me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom